Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I did test the GC version on my Wii and it seems to be working perfect

I already know the xbox version works great

I also tested a PSone pad via a USB converter (I could of use a PS2 pad also if I wanted) and set USB HID on and even that worked fine, though SELECT seemed to crash it (it's a button that GC pads don't have though), though still best with a GC pad anyway then at least the on screen button prompts are correct for the pad, I don't mind the GC pads though they have a nice layout to them, very close to the 360 pads (the major reason I can't stand the original Xbox pads is for the black and white buttons that are used in game are not so easy to get to, the only other pads I hated that much are the N64 pads for similar reasons)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I tried setting up my ps2 and network via opl loader I didn't get anywhere far pc's old has no internet connection and some of the apps I was using like usbutil needed it to work in the end I've given up on trying to play it through my pc for now.

I also stumbled across a compatibility list where it says in opl through network and usb audio issues occur.

Oh well thanks for everything Zorlon!

I'll look into trying to get the wii off my mum haha!

Thanks
    EP Points

I think I am using the ntsc version from here. my PS2 is SCPH-77001. I didn't think it was a laser issue because the problem also occured when loading the game from my PC with SMB. I will re-grab the ntsc version and do some testing. I really do want to play this game. I may just install the PC version on a laptop that I recently acquired. This is the only game that this problem occurs in. On my PS2 it isn't exactly lag that occurs. It is a looped noise that overlaps itself over and over till its garbled noise. I always thought it was a bad rip that caused it.... but you may be correct about certain model PS2 causing it.
    Twenty Minutes Into The Future

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by b2p1mp View Post
    I think I am using the ntsc version from here. my PS2 is SCPH-77001. I didn't think it was a laser issue because the problem also occured when loading the game from my PC with SMB. I will re-grab the ntsc version and do some testing. I really do want to play this game. I may just install the PC version on a laptop that I recently acquired. This is the only game that this problem occurs in. On my PS2 it isn't exactly lag that occurs. It is a looped noise that overlaps itself over and over till its garbled noise. I always thought it was a bad rip that caused it.... but you may be correct about certain model PS2 causing it.
    The same applies to the original disc on the later revisions of the PS2 as reported at several sources when I was digging round on this subject.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    The same applies to the original disc on the later revisions of the PS2 as reported at several sources when I was digging round on this subject.
    Good to know. I recently got a Windows 7 laptop that is really really nice. I think I will just play this game on it with my PS1 to USB adapter (although I am not sure if the PC game even has gamepad support). I may just have to get me an older ps2 sometime in the future.
    Twenty Minutes Into The Future

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PS2 emulation maybe if it's that nice a laptop...

My laptop is nice but only for web stuff like this forum lol

PC version without PC pad support can still be played with a pad with something like Joy2Keys (freeware) or any other sort of remapping program that lets you map keyboard keys to a joy pad, done that all the time for some older games and even emulators that at the time only supported keyboard (some of those still only use keyboard)

Joy2Keys is just one I remember off the top of my head mostly because it's the only one I really used but from other posts there are other more user friendly programs that can do the same things

P.S. I also use a couple of converters that convert PSX/PS2 to PS3/PC USB that work just fine for anything I want to use them with, they just run as HID devices and even support rumble via extra drivers just for rumble support
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-February-2015 at 20:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: