Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmm ok try the burning method I outlined in my previous post or just wait for me, While I make an improved disc image and a guide to do this yourself as well as a small script to do it for you, at least for this one game

P.S. I was using the NTSC copy of the game by the way Beyond Good & Evil (USA) (En,Fr,Es) so the guide and script is just for that version

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

That's great news!

I think I'll wait for your improved disc version I've blown 5 dvds on it

So to be on the safe side possible burn all games at the lowest burn speed then?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kripz View Post
    That's great news!

So to be on the safe side possible burn all games at the lowest burn speed then?
    that's the best way

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's great news!

Not only that but set the book type to DVD-ROM, it's the small icon on the lower right of imgburn, it looks like an open book, that can only be set when a blank DVD+R is inserted though

You just get better burn results from a slower burn this applies to both CD and DVD burning and any other optical drive media

EDIT:- Built my modded version iml so just making an iso now and will be burn testing it, providing it does not have any file location checks all should be fine

I may be a short while it is now a full DVD5 image.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-February-2015 at 18:20.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Not only that but set the book type to DVD-ROM, it's the small icon on the lower right of imgburn, it looks like an open book, that can only be set when a blank DVD+R is inserted though

You just get better burn results from a slower burn this applies to both CD and DVD burning and any other optical drive media

EDIT:- Built my modded version iml so just making an iso now and will be burn testing it, providing it does not have any file location checks all should be fine

I may be a short while it is now a full DVD5 image.
    You are a legend Zorlon!!!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Here is the kit

What you do is extract the contents of the kit
    Inside the kit is a folder called BGE, inside that there is a single file 0.0
    Other files included are
    BGE.iml
    BGE.ims
    iml2iso.exe

What you do next is extract the disc image to the BGE folder that should consist of
    Another BGE folder with all of it's files 12 in total
    SLUS_207.63
    SYSTEM.CNF

so the final contents should be
    BGE.iml
    BGE.ims
    iml2iso.exe
    BGE\0.0
    BGE\SLUS_207.63
    BGE\SYSTEM.CNF
    BGE\BGE\IOPCD_CD.IRX
    BGE\BGE\IOPCD_CF.IRX
    BGE\BGE\IOPCD_CR.IRX
    BGE\BGE\IOPRP271.IMG
    BGE\BGE\JADE.SPE
    BGE\BGE\LIBSD.IRX
    BGE\BGE\MCMAN.IRX
    BGE\BGE\MCSERV.IRX
    BGE\BGE\PADMAN.IRX
    BGE\BGE\PS2.ICO
    BGE\BGE\SIO2MAN.IRX
    BGE\BGE\SALLY.BF

Finally just run iml2iso

When the program pops up hit ... to the right of IML File and choose the BGE.iml file
    Then hit Start
    Wait for it to fully complete, then hit Exit

You should have a new BGE.iso file with the file size of 4.35 GB (4,677,791,744 bytes)

Make sure to ESR patch it

To extract the disc image if it is before it was patched you can just use 7-zip, if after patching 7-zip will not work, but you can always use ISObuster instead or try un-patching it with ESR patcher

The kit is attached

OK to sum up what I done

It's simple I just created a huge dummy file to push all the data to the outer edge of the disc

Optical data has smoother reading on the serface of the disc towards the outter edge to what it has on the inner serface of the disc
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-February-2015 at 19:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I may try this in a bit. I beat Beyond Good and Evil on the PC when it first came out. I enjoyed it. I was happy to see it on PS2. I would love it to work perfect.
    Twenty Minutes Into The Future

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Too tired to up a kit/tutorial to make your own just yet but if anyone is interested I can do a tuto for that, though it may seem a little more complicated once typed out but I will keep it as simple as possible

This is not problematic game for everyone though it seems, it worked fine for me as it happens, but there are some games that have reading issues from burned media that this can fix providing there is space to add a fix like this to it

The outline issue is with the PS2 laser but these vary from console to console even with the same model number when first taken out of the retail box, just Sony using cheapo parts, was bad with the PSX/PSone and PS2, not so sure about the PS3 or PS4 only use retail discs in those, including films.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I am grateful for what you've done Zorlon.

I've done everything you've jotted down to a tee and still the problem occurs when you play as Jayde and your fighting the monsters her grunting noise loops over and overpowers all other game audio then as soon as she leaves the cave and lies down the screen goes white and stays like that.

I've got Bully, Fahrenheit, The Sims Bustin' Out and Kingdom Hearts from here they work flawlessly.

Is this a ps2 problem then? Can I send videos on here to show you what I mean?

I can't believe its not working after all you've done aswell Zorlon

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A video might be helpful yes

If what I done took no effect at all I am unsure what the issue could be I took the ISO from our server on the main site

I also had no issues with the original iso either mind

My console is a PAL machine even though I grabbed the NTSC version
    Model No. SCPH-700003
    Tested both original copy and the modded copy, using ESR r9b both the basic version and the version that gives user defined options

A quick google showed that another user had problems with this game with sound issues but using a PS2 model SCPH-700004 so it may be added protection of something to that version of the PS2 on the same page another PAL user played this fine though the PS2 model was not mentioned except it being the older bulky version
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-February-2015 at 09:25.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

My console version is SCPH-75003 PAL

I'm running FMCB v1.94 ESR beta r9b I haven't changed it from the one that comes with v1.94

Is there anyway of uploading a video or does it have to be done from Youtube, Dailymotion etc?
    Last edited by kripz; 12th-February-2015 at 11:20.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Youtube would be fine

We don't have support for uploading large files directly

I suspect it is just the version of the PS2 rather than anything to do with the actual laser as what I done would of at least improved the reading, rather than do nothing at all.

My version is a V12 700003 the first slim model
    Yours is a V14 750003 this did have a few changes over the V12

http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials...sion/ps2id.htm has a nice list

On further reading this glitch with the sound is directl;y related to the version of PS2 that takes effect on version 14 and up over

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/56164...-evil/58005893 has more information

If you happen to have an Xbox original though or plan to get one it works great on that or even the GC version ran via a Wii both systems can be soft modded, the Wii being the easiest console then Xbox, PS2 is a bit harder to mod

From what I have read though there is very little I can do to fix this as it's a hardware issue not a software issue, hate Sony for this one, not the rip as the original will do the same.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-February-2015 at 14:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you for your time, effort and help Zorlon!

Atleast I know now its just a compatibility issue rather than anything else.

Hopefully this issue won't crop up with too many other games.

I guess I'll chalk it up to experience and throw all but one dvd away incase I'm ever in possession of another ps2 model

Yeah out of both of them which do you recommend I've got a wii at home but I do like the xbox I don't know if its worth buying and also getting the component cables for it I read it's pretty rare to find genuine ones.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thank you for your time, effort and help Zorlon!

Atleast I know now its just a compatibility issue rather than anything else.

Hopefully this issue won't crop up with too many other games.

I guess I'll chalk it up to experience and throw all but one dvd away incase I'm ever in possession of another ps2 model

Yeah out of both of them which do you recommend I've got a wii at home but I do like the xbox I don't know if its worth buying and also getting the component cables for it I read it's pretty rare to find genuine ones.
    I was the same for a long time for the Xbox but I got one anyway when I seen just how much it could do homebrew wise like emulators ect running most stuff from PSX and older with enhancements (the component cables are maybe not worth buying at all if you cant find the official adapter for a reasonable price) I also got a couple of PSX to Xbox controller converters as I really did not like the xbox controllers, there are some very good games for the xbox though and not even talking about halo as I was never a fan of those myself

Of the Xbox vs the Wii the Xbox is more powerful and has more for it in the way of homebrew but the Wii still has a lot of homebrew anyway

Anyway the Wii is very easy to mod anyway and you already have one you only need one program to do the basics then another install of a GC mod, the best Wii would have GC ports on it but even if you don't it is still possible to play GC games with a Wii-mote and nun chuck or classic pad with emulated memcard

I will post more info when I get time, would be even better to ask in the Nintendo section just give me some detail about your Wii while you wait for me to pull the info required but do wait for me I use a few better options than is generally known and is a safer method overall.

EDIT with the Wii though I have not tested it you can even use a USB pad, even a PSX/PS2 to USB converter that I will test soon as well as the game
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-February-2015 at 09:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the information Zorlon

Its an old wii it has gc ports, the thing is though I bought my mum the wii fit for it and now its become her console lulz!

When I get a chance I'll probably go for an xbox

You've done more than enough thank you again Zorlon, I'll stick to the ps2 for now just downloaded Silent Hill 2: Director's Cut and Ico