Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS2 Iso Audio Out Of Sync

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PS2 Iso Audio Out Of Sync

Hi guys

My PS2 is softmodded. I've burnt a successful iso to try out, it works fine (Bully) then I've wasted 5 dvds on burning Beyond Good & Evil the audio is out of sync and I do not know how to correct this issue.

When I start with the cutscenes it is fine then when I get to actually play the audio keeps repeating itself and stays like that blocking out the music and other characters talking and also during the next cutscenes. Then the game pauses entirely and I have to reset the ps2.

I am using Verbatim dvd +r I am also using imgburn. I tried various speeds with these dvds to no effect.

Any help with this and permanent settings to use when burning ps2 iso's?

Thanks!
    Last edited by kripz; 9th-February-2015 at 07:37.

Thanks

you can't clone any psx - ps2 games don't know why looks like locked or protected but able to save and play them on .isos
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks
    EP Points

I got them from here I'm testing a few more games downloading them now.

After trying out 2 more different games with successful results. I've come to the conclusion that both BG&E versions are bad rips but I can't seem to understand why the audio sync is off and also why the game cuts to a white screen. Then I have to reset the ps2.

I've tried both USA and EU versions and also got the game from another source and the same result occurred. I tried it via usb and funnily enough same thing again.

Can someone please test this for me via usb or over the network, I'd rather no one wastes a dvd on it. :-(
    Last edited by kripz; 10th-February-2015 at 03:36.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Beyond Good & Evil I take it we are talking about

I can take a look when I get the time to do so and make sure the disc images are accurate and the results with ESR

I may be able to fix issues though depending on how they are caused

P.S. not every game works with ESR though anyway

One of the reasons I made a compat list for it, though I already have a report of it working so far, at least the NTSC version.... not my test results though

Saying that I have fixed lag in at least one game on the PS2 via ESR that was a Jap game that was translated that would lag during FMV's but I managed to fix that one

EDIT: The NTSC copy is a perfect rip and matches the crc info provided by redump

I noticed the game is only 2GB so some room for improving readability

Something I can look at when I have more time, I have yet to burn this mind I own this on my PS3 anyway in HD
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-February-2015 at 16:19.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes Zorlon it is :-(

I tried both versions on a couple of dvds the result is the same, when you start playing immediately Jayde keeps making fighting sounds which then drown out the background music and then for the cutscenes drown out the audio this goes on until you get out of the cave your in and the army go away she lies down then the screen goes white and stays there :-(

You lucky guy! :-p

I used to read a ps2 mag back in the day and this scored 90% or more I think so I know its going to be epic.

Is the remaster worth it? The one thing that puts me off buying a ps3 is the remasters as I look on youtube and I sometimes can't tell if its worth buying compared to the ps2 version of the games

Also the newer models can't be softmodded

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are you burning at 4x?

Also what brand of media are you using?

Just trying to help out
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

4x 2x I've done all the speeds Warrior :-(

I'm using verbatim dvd +r

I don't think its the dvds I've burned more games before and after which work fine.

I even tried booting it up via usb and still the same problem.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's strange, you burned right and used good media, well from my understanding verbatim is not as good as it used to be but I'm not sure what batch # the bad ones have.

That is a pretty weird situation, wish I could of helped further but it may be a issue with the PS2 itself from the sound of it if its even doing it to a game running through the USB.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wait for me to actually test the thing it is not uncommon for games to lag when burned, but there are way to improve the reading

There are not that many game that are effected in this way but I can think of a few that are.

Via USB though there are major speed issues as it's only USB 1.1 with a max speed of 12 Mbit/s the DVD drive is much faster at apx 42 Mbit/s

P.S. the PS3 is worth it for PS3 games, remasters and other HD versions I have gotten including Beyond Good and Evil I got as part of my PS+ subscription as it happens never played it.

But no one goes to buy a PS3 especially to play PS2 re-releases for the PS3 that just does not make sense.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-February-2015 at 15:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I'm using ultra iso To burn my games in 4x speed, and it's work just fine on all of them.

I recommend using it

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by xgamersoul View Post
    I'm using ultra iso To burn my games in 4x speed, and it's work just fine on all of them.

I recommend using it
    Have you even burned the game in question?

I have no doubts the burn is perfect and not the issue.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I also have this issue when loading beyond goog and evil. From ESR disc i get the sound problem, the attack noises repeat begin to loop and create crazy just noise. Using OPL to load the game from SMB i also get the audio problem but the game doesn't freeze at the same place as the disc. This issue happens during gameplay. It is strange repeating of the same noise. I love this game so I did play around with it. I assumed that game inparticular just had problems. I manage to play it using OPL/SMB method with subtitles on and sound turned down.
    Last edited by b2p1mp; 11th-February-2015 at 13:57.
    Twenty Minutes Into The Future

Thanks
    EP Points

I think its a bad rip as other games work perfect when patched I've tried other sources from the web and I have the same problem I'm assuming they're all just the same iso on different sites but I've also tried the PAL version and the same problem occurs its strange that they're both bad rips :-s

Thanks Zorlon what methods would improve the speed? I know it just seems all the game developers have milked the well with the remasters I'm sure there are top notch games on the PS3 I've flicked through articles where Uncharted, Mass Effect and a couple others are always mentioned besides the COD's and GTA's.

Sad to hear that b2p1mp I can't imagine how you played it without audio :-( It looks like a classic to play!

Hopefully Zorlon can see what the issue is and recommend something for both of us

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This may be the same issue that the PS2 Wolfenstien game had had but that was not fixable though :/ I have this burned now so can test it anyway

EDIT

P.S. it is a perfect rip it's 1:1 copy

If what I have in mind fixes it I will let you guys know how I done it

A shame this was not mentioned in the compat list I think it is important to include as much info as possible

EDIT...

P.S. when does it start to lag???

So far it works great for me so if this is just read issues then yup that is very fixable

It is simple but I will prepare and test a second copy before posting how to and create a mini guide for you and a not so mini guide to do other games the same way

Played to the first save point via MDISK, let me know if it lags before that point or only after as I may not of tested enough

EDIT...

I forgot to mention I have the book type set to DVD-ROM for DVD+R discs, something that can be done in ImgBurn, burn speed should be set to the lowest your burner can burn at, so only set that to 4x if 4x is the slowest for DVD burning for me that is 2.4x to be safe just set imgburn to 1x, it will auto correct the speed anyway

If you are not sure what make your drive is just test all of them while you have a blank DVD+R inserted, the ones that don't work should come up with an error anyway as soon as you try and set the Change For: drop down box that should just be set to the actual disc type, e.g. set to Drive (For DVD+R/+R DL Media), once you find the one that works for your hardware you can then change the New Setting: drop down box to DVD-ROM or back to it's original state if you like.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-February-2015 at 16:37.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Soon as you start playing pressing the x button the sound she makes goes out of control. It should take 10 minutes for you to see itand hear it, which then goes through to the cutscenes then you fight a boss then it goes to cutscenes before finally going to a white screen afterwards for me anyway