Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kripz View Post
    Okay thanks Zorlon, I've got another issue now I bought the game off ebay its not in good condition so when I tried to rip the iso using imageburn it would stop at the 51% mark. It has read errors somewhere its pretty scratched up.

I've put the game in my ps2 and completed the first mission and the second one has come up and it works fine.

What I was wondering is can I use an 007:AUF Europe iso from here and put the boot.elf on that burn it and use that when it comes to the disc swap bit?

My dvds are coming hopefully early next week.
    That should work yes but recommend you also burn a direct copy also if the swap has issues swapping early

Basically boot the retail disc as normal, while still on the main game menu quickly slow the disc down with your finger and remove it carefully (don't just rip it out) and replace with your burned copy with the replaced elf, if needs be first replace with the un-modified burned copy then use the elf replaced copy at the time recommended in the guide

Not that I have read the guide fully in a while mind you, but I know that running burned copy of a game will work fine swapped for a scratched retail disc, I originally got Silent Hill 2 Directors Cut pre-owned and scratched like that and that is exactly how I got to play it through.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay thanks Zorlon. I will get back to you with the results soon.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Good luck with this and yeah please let us know your results or if there is anything else I can either help with or point out

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay so I burnt the disc with the replaced elf file everytime I put it in and try and load the second level it just goes to a black screen and stays there.

When I open the ps2 tray the disc sometimes stops then spins I'm assuming this is because it is scratched as it doesn't happen to my other games.

Should I make a second disc and do as you described Zorlon or is the black screen fixable another way?

EDIT

Scrap all of what I've just said I've done it, my ps2 started to read the AUF disc at a high speed I'm assuming from the wirring sound I did the disc swap. Ulaunch started I installled FMCB the newbie package. Then it just stayed on their splash logo, I turned the ps2 off now on and all of the features are installed!

Thank you Deadlegion and Zorlon Much love for showing me how to softmod my console!

Now I'm going to burn a ps2 disc see what happens I've also seen you can hook up a pc to your ps2 via ethernet cable and play games that way!
    Last edited by kripz; 5th-February-2015 at 18:07.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

OPL is used for streaming PS2 games from your PC, I wouldn't bother from USB though not for PS2 games anyway

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]