Thread: Can't get ePSXe to load games

Thanks

Default Can't get ePSXe to load games

Right guys i need some help. Just downloaded ePSXe i have all the current bio's and plugins. However i have downloaded a Final Fantasy 7 which is supposed to be ISO but it won't load. I have downloaded the 7z converter but can't seem to manage to actually convert it or do anything with it. I am a newbie so please simplify if you can that would be great.
    Cheers

Thanks
    EP Points

FF7's file might not be an ISO but rather an ECM file. Use EP's ECM Tools to UnECM the file and make it become a Bin file which is usable by the ePSXe.

The download link for the tools http://www.emuparadise.me/PSX/ecm%20tools.rar for your convenience.

This link can be found on most of the PSX ISO's as it's common to make the disc image of the game into an ECM file for whatever reason I still don't know.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 Times in 104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For all newbs first of all i would suggest you get Total Commander.It is a first and forever application you will use on windows.

http://www.ghisler.com/
    Among other things it can help you understand Extension of files easily.
    Full List of my uploads here (Fixed link ) Only members can access blog.

Quote Ragnar:
    Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try CryptLoad or Mipony.

Do NOT decrypt and or repost my links anywhere!
    All my uploads are on MEGA
    DLC IS NOT GAME! DLC is to be used with Jdownloader to Download GAME!
    paypal.me/IceLancer

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemongenius View Post
    FF7's file might not be an ISO but rather an ECM file. Use EP's ECM Tools to UnECM the file and make it become a Bin file which is usable by the ePSXe.

The download link for the tools http://www.emuparadise.me/PSX/ecm%20tools.rar for your convenience.

This link can be found on most of the PSX ISO's as it's common to make the disc image of the game into an ECM file for whatever reason I still don't know.
    I would go further and just link in the guide at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757 that deals with both ecm and ape files and exactly what to do with them to make those work fully with ePSXe and modded consoles including basic ePSXe setup for games with CDDA sounds/music (All required tools are also in that thread)

ecm (error correction module) just gives higher compression when used in combination with 7z
    ape is a loss-less audio codec again has better compression than raw/wav format and because it is loss-less all the quality is kept from the original sound

These are very good reason but it also means that it takes longer in the long run for the files to be restored to a usable state and must be converted back to standard bin+cue format disc images
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-January-2015 at 17:10.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR