Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei for Super UFO PRO 8 SNES Flashcart?

Thanks

Okay, you guys haven't answered in a bit and I've been trying everything. Tried all the formats you suggested I convert it to and noticed the "checksum" and "inverse checksum" kept coming up bad so I then tried "ucon64 --chk romname.sfc" to fix the checksum and it's coming up "Ok" instead of "Bad". The rom still does not work. Same error as usual. This is the only game out of maybe 40 I've tried that gave this error or an error at all for that matter. It's a brand new (beta, I hear) translation too so could someone take a look at this themselves? I'll provide a link to the patch. You'll be helping out a cult following -- not just me.

Edit: Download Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei – English Translation v1.1
    And it's safe to assume you have a copy of LunarIPS.
    Last edited by korisblue; 6th-January-2015 at 07:34. Reason: merged posts

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Does the un-patched rom even work?

If not then it is an issue with the hardware being compatible with the game

Also is the crc of the original C8D286C9 or c8d286c9 as required?

If not then the patching may of failed as the patch was only intended to be patched on to a rom with that crc value

I have attached two copies of the game both patched with the translation one with the checksum fixed after patching and one without, both work via emulation

I do not own a UFO flash kit though

P.S. I did not use LunarIPS but only because I have been using ips XP for years now
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-January-2015 at 15:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

So there's no way to fix this "crc" if its C8D286C9? Thank you though. I'll the roms when I get the chance. Won't be any time soon fortunately for you. Thanks for the help and tutelage.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

He meant you should try a clean and raw rom with that CRC. You don't need to fix your raw if that's what you have on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I have attached two copies of the game both patched with the translation one with the checksum fixed after patching and one without, both work via emulation
    Wait, are you not aware how useless "fixing a checksum" is? It's just that, a checksum. It's like downloading a file, seeing it doesn't pass the sfv, deleting the sfv and making a new one which obviously matches, then smiling to yourself saying "there I repaired the file". It really should never be done unless you're a releaser of some sort who knows why it should be considered correct. To my knowledge no copiers or emulators have ever rejected a rom because it didn't pass the checksum correctly.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

LOL yes I am aware of that

Attached is a ufo file format convert as I am not sure if the ufo can play sfc format roms or not

Just used ucon64
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-January-2015 at 10:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yes, UFO PRO 8 takes sfc format. Sorry though, I just realized that every time I put the SD card in my computer, it erased my friends save for Breath of Fire I. So until we finish that game, I can't try the roms. I'll hold onto them though. As for all that stuff about the checksum. I had no idea. I just learned what uCON64 was last week and I'm neither a copier nor anything else you said -- just some guy who wants to play a cornerstone of a game on a flash cart. Greatly appreciated, Ragnar and Zorlon. I have not tried the unpatched game yet. Other patched games worked so I assumed this would. I'll be back when the credits roll.
    P.S. You should both play this game(s) too.
    Last edited by korisblue; 10th-January-2015 at 05:13.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by korisblue View Post
    P.S. You should both play this game(s) too.
    I intend to try giving it a spin when I have the time to try loading stuff on my copiers/flashcards. I think I even wanna buy a UFO PRO 8 too, even though it's supposedly a kinda sub-par device. But it's cheap, and I wanna fiddle with a few of it's functions. If nothing else it'll be handy for dump verification. I have a undumped beta I really should release
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here