Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions regarding Dolphin (GC/Wii Emulator)

Thanks

Default Questions regarding Dolphin (GC/Wii Emulator)

The Link you gave me shows my Blue Tooth adapter in the compatible section, so thanks, but that's not the problem. The Problem is lack of censor bar. Wait, if my adapter is listed as compatible since mine is a Rocket Fish, AND since my Wii Mote is the original Wii Motion Plus which are the ones that DO pair with Dolphin correctly, since the newer ones are somehow incompatible straight out of the box for whatever reason, does that mean that I WON'T need the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack and that the default MS one will do?

Also I found out that Dolphin doesn't emulate the Wii Motion Plus Accessory, thus I'll have to use a real one to do so. I have a Rocket Fish Bluetooth Adapter, a Skyward Sword Wii Mote, and the Sensor Bar that came with the Wii, so will the one with the Wii work and if not what do I do about it then?

Also I've heard that if you take out the BlueTooth Adapter and stick it into a different USB port on your PC it will install the Generic Drivers for it again, and then you can install dedicated drivers for it! Is that even possible?! I mean if I install PS3 drivers for my adapter then wouldn't those drivers still be there no matter what USB port the adapter is plugged in? I mean how can moving it make it so I can dedicate it to something else, or have it a real adapter again? So when I want to have PS3, I move it back to original port, and when I want Wii one, I move it to that Port?!!! Something doesn't seem quite accurate about that to me! Someone please shed some light on this strange area! Thanks

PS: This Post was originally in The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword community uploads section, and since my qy\uestions got off topic, a Mod asked me to make a thread here, so forgive me if this post doesn't quite fit 100%
    ChrisEvil

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Link to Bluetooth list:
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_Work...etooth_Devices

My work is done.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Moved from Everything Console that is for real consoles and emulation on consoles to Everything Emulation that is for Emulation on PC
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-December-2014 at 21:50.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Totally my fault for that, sorry Zorlon.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Well thanks for the blue tooth link but you still didn't answer the other two questions. Will my sensor Bar that came with my Wii work on PC and if not how do I even get a Sensor bar for a PC? And also about the bluetooth adapter being moved from USB port to USB port. Near the bottom of my post. Thanks
    ChrisEvil

Thanks
    EP Points

I wouldn't know. I only emulate some really old stuff on my original Xbox, everything else I use real hardware.
    I just recalled reading that various devices were compatible so I looked for a link.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

And what about the part where you can move it ti a different port? When I watched videos on paring my PS3 Controller to PC via Bluetooth, they all say that once you install the PS3 Drivers onto the BlueTooth to pair them, the bluetooth can only be used with that one thing cuz it's no longer a regular BlueTooth adapter anymore, and you can't pair things like that with regular adapter because the adapters are more for phones, and printers, Mouse and Keyboard sets etc. So the tus say that if you want BlueTooth connectivity still, to either buy an adapter for each thing you want to dedicate it to, and have a third adapter for regular use, OR delete the Drivers for the Bluetooth and install different ones, and go back and forth. Well someone else said that if you simply move it to another port that the PC will install the generic drivers again and you can dedicate different drivers for the adapter, so each USB port can have different drivers for that bluetooth adapter and all you have to do is move the adapter to the port that corresponds with the drivers you have for it on that port for what you want to do. And the ports can also have drivers for any other device that connects into it! Is any of that true?
    ChrisEvil

Thanks
    EP Points

You can use a PS3 controller via usb...I assume that's possible on pc too. 360 wireless controllers are different, the cable is just for charging and can't be used to send/receive (but you can get wired versions of those anyway).

Honestly the only good thing about the PS3 controller is the d-pad imo. It has a built in battery (sometimes I'm forced to connect it via usb to keep playing) and feels a little small in my hands.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Wii bar is only powered by the Wii it has no direct connections except for the power to it (the same reason that you can get wireless bars with batteries in them) and can be used by any screen and any software

Though if you have a Wii there is no real point in emulating the system, instead just hack the Wii

A PS3 controller work on a PC just fine

But with most controllers changing USB ports = re-install and setup, but most hid controllers do that automatically anyway

Personally I don't like using 360 or PS3 pads in favor of using a simple PSX/PS2 to USB converter aka PS2 to PS3 pad converter, less hassle with no custom drivers or software needed, it works directly, cheap as well (the only thing you need a driver for is rumble but once installed will work no matter what USB port is used).

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

#1. No point in Emulating Wii? Are you crazy? Your honestly gonna sit there and tell me I should play my games on the Wii with it's shitty colored cord connections over playing the games on Dolphin on my i7 Quad Core 4790K 4.0 GHz Processor, complete with GTX GeForce 750 Ti Nvidia Graphics/Video Card, with ALL settings maxed out and still full speed?!!

#2.There's no hassle with PS3 Controller anymore cuz there is no more need for MotionInJoy. Just go on YouTube and look up WiltShire and find the video that shows you how. All you need is Scarlet Crush Productions Drivers and it's so integrated and seamless, I was up and running within minutes, besides with you way of connecting your pad how the hell are you ever gonna be able to connect wirelessly via BlueTooth with that method?

#3. I just thought of a VERY insane idea. If I take my Wii Mote, and pair it with my PC via bluetooth, which un pairs it from Wii, and then take entire Wii system with nothing but Wii Bar, and power cord, (no other cords, no tv cords etc) plug my Wii in, and pwer it on, but have my Wii bar on top of my Tv where my PC is connected to by having the Wii right next to the PC, could I use the Bar for the PC using the Wii only as way to power the bar on? So I'd have Wii on but have bar on Monitor of PC and my paired Wii Mote would be detected by the bar eliminating the need to buy a seperate generic motion bar? Would that crazy long drawn out method work?
    ChrisEvil

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHarbringer666 View Post
    #3. I just thought of a VERY insane idea. If I take my Wii Mote, and pair it with my PC via bluetooth, which un pairs it from Wii, and then take entire Wii system with nothing but Wii Bar, and power cord, (no other cords, no tv cords etc) plug my Wii in, and pwer it on, but have my Wii bar on top of my Tv where my PC is connected to by having the Wii right next to the PC, could I use the Bar for the PC using the Wii only as way to power the bar on? So I'd have Wii on but have bar on Monitor of PC and my paired Wii Mote would be detected by the bar eliminating the need to buy a seperate generic motion bar? Would that crazy long drawn out method work?
    Should work AFAIK. But that'd be annoying and a waste of power. You can do it temporarily, but just order something like this to replace it:
    http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHarbringer666 View Post
    #1. No point in Emulating Wii? Are you crazy? Your honestly gonna sit there and tell me I should play my games on the Wii with it's shitty colored cord connections over playing the games on Dolphin on my i7 Quad Core 4790K 4.0 GHz Processor, complete with GTX GeForce 750 Ti Nvidia Graphics/Video Card, with ALL settings maxed out and still full speed?!!

#2.There's no hassle with PS3 Controller anymore cuz there is no more need for MotionInJoy. Just go on YouTube and look up WiltShire and find the video that shows you how. All you need is Scarlet Crush Productions Drivers and it's so integrated and seamless, I was up and running within minutes, besides with you way of connecting your pad how the hell are you ever gonna be able to connect wirelessly via BlueTooth with that method?

Use official component cables, that and not all games are 100% perfect anyway and or require individual setting to get some games to run smoothly, no matter what your system specs are.

So yes I was serious

Each to there own though if you want to faf on trying to get some the games to run then at least look at the official compat list and notes to help you run the games with issues and know what games will have issues no matter how much you fiddle with the settings
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-December-2014 at 17:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I seem to run a majority of the games perfectly fine on Dolphin, not sure what issues you were having, but have you been following Dolphin's progress at all? https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/09...eptember-2014/
    https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/10...-october-2014/
    https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/11...-of-hle-audio/
    https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/12...november-2014/

Sorry, but I simply don't agree that he should have to get the Wii component cables or that he has to use the real hardware. If he wants to use Dolphin, that is his prerogative. I don't know what your version is that you're using, but aside from a few games, most games run pretty damn well without having to dink around with the per-game configuration. Dolphin has made tremendous progress and I can run most games perfectly fine and at full speed without touching the game configuration settings. I don't know what you're talking about, but the whole "you have to individually set each game to work with", that's just BS. I'd be more than willing to show a video, at 60 fps, showing just how well Dolphin works without dinking around. Not trying to argue, I just simply disagree with that fact that Dolphin is as bad as you say it is. Have you even used the recent 4.0.2 4xxx or 5xxx GIT builds? I genuinely wish to know if you have even tried it recently. I'm very curious as to what games you're loading, why you think every single game has to be tweaked, or why DarkHarbinger666 has to use original hardware when he doesn't feel obligated to do so. Emulators look helluva lot better than original hardware, esp. for Gamecube and Wii, nothing beats seeing them at full 1080p. Again, not trying to argue, don't get me wrong, I just don't see why people had Dolphin so freakin much, the bias is unwarranted, unless you have a shitty PC with very low specs and an integrated GPU.
    Last edited by the_randomizer; 7th-December-2014 at 17:44.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Someone is putting words into my mouth

I am well aware of the problems that still reside in Dolphin despite the great progress.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Someone is putting words into my mouth

I am well aware of the problems that still reside in Dolphin despite the great progress.
    I think I'm gonna shut my effing gob and sod off.
    Last edited by the_randomizer; 7th-December-2014 at 18:12.