Thread: other known attacks or threats of having 2nd eSHOP accounts.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default other known attacks or threats of having 2nd eSHOP accounts.

hi there. me not sure if this is supposed to go on this forum, Administration please ban me or delete this post if it's not, but i've read elsewhere that one chick gained this so called promotion about Fire Emblem Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV that got her accounts banned fer reasons i can't disclose. now with the release of NEW Nintendo 3DS LL imminent here in Australia, what i would like know, since i might be thinking about it, is that are there any other known attacks or threats or anything of the sort that can prevent youu from having 2 Club Nintendo or Nintendo eSHOP accounts or that can result in a loss or ban of both accounts or................?
    Last edited by SosoMotoku312; 18th-November-2014 at 09:31.

Thanks
    EP Points

that got her accounts banned fer reasons i can't disclose.
    Well that's sort of an important detail when talking about what will/won't get you banned from an online service. In any case I'm not entirely sure I follow your question; are you asking if Nintendo has a policy against having more than one eShop account?
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

i'm not exactly sure myself either. i just assume there could be more ways than that that can potentially lead to a ban of both your accounts or......................

Thanks
    EP Points

As far as I know, so long as you don't violate anything listed in the Terms Of Service it makes you accept when signing up, you shouldn't have to worry about getting them banned. If anyone else here knows otherwise I'm sure they'll let us know for sure
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

cool

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can move an existing account to the new system if you wanted, I did so I had all my bonuses from the first 3DS I got on my 3DSXL, so I still have all the NES and GBA emulated games I got for free and all my saves but on the newer XL, plus the bonus game I got with the 3DS XL (Mario Kart 7 a game I had the cart of anyway but my girlfriend uses my older 3DS anyway with a new account on it)

If you think about it though there will be parents that got there kids 3DS/2DS systems that have an account on each system, therefore having multi accounts as long as you are not trying to exploit something

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Well that's sort of an important detail when talking about what will/won't get you banned from an online service. In any case I'm not entirely sure I follow your question; are you asking if Nintendo has a policy against having more than one eShop account?
    There was a promotion for $10 of eShop credit if you registered Fire Emblem and SMT4 on Club Nintendo. It's possible some abuse could be done. But Nintendo can and will ban OCD customers that buy 5 copies of every one of their games and plug the codes into Club Nintendo, even when they show receipts showing they preordered and paid full retail.

If you're going to abuse Club Nintendo it's best to setup 2-3 accounts so you don't set off any red flags. If you buy promotional eShop codes online Nintendo tracks where all those codes came from, and where/who redeemed them. Don't dump too many promotional codes from random sources into a single eShop account. If you have 2 3DS's it may be best to have 2 eShop accounts, there's little benefit to running them on the same account. Unless of course you don't think you'd collect many Club Nintendo coins anyways. The point is, heavy usage on one account is bad. But normal users shouldn't have problems.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Last time I tried you could only reg one code per game anyway so dupes of a game could not be reged on the same account but that was a while back, that includes hardware

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

There's a trick to that. You can tie sub-accounts together, with all the coins pooling in a main account. It's intended for a family, like the main account is the parent and the sub-accounts are for kids.

I have some imaginary children myself
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    There's a trick to that. You can tie sub-accounts together, with all the coins pooling in a main account. It's intended for a family, like the main account is the parent and the sub-accounts are for kids.

I have some imaginary children myself
    That's just sad

Not been on for ages (I wanted to reg 3 copies of Zelda for the GBA at the time (4 swords link up) also had a couple of GBA SP's) but sounds like a good idea for family Nintendo users.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

so you're saying, Administration, that it ISI ok to have 2 eSHOP accounts as long as you don't abuse anything illegal?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, it's perfectly fine.

Thanks
    EP Points

cool to know. thanks