Thread: GC Disc Code

Thanks

Default GC Disc Code

Hello all, I really didn't know where to ask this, so here I am. So, for games to work on a flash drive with Dios Mios on the Wii, they have to be placed in this type of directory: games/GGSEA4/game.iso (my example is of MGS: Twin Snakes). I need the game code thingy in the middle (I don't know the official name for it) for a certain game. What is the 6-digit code for the MGS Twin Snakes Special Disc? Thank you.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There is no MGS Twin Snakes Special Disc.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

When I do gamecube games on flash media I use a program called Gamecube ISO Tool to convert the disc images into the proper format/folder layout. Here's a link; Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. It's not terribly complicated, but if you have issues figuring it out let me know and I can hammer out some basic instructions for you, might not be until tomorrow though.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 11th-November-2014 at 00:23. Reason: Reuploaded file, link replaced...and coded :P
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

The "special disc" might be that one that has the original Metal Gear emulated on it? According to wikipedia it was part of a Premium Package Box.

And MaslowK, it's not a good idea to link to other download sites. Please remove that link.
    You can upload the tool to a hosting service yourself and post the link here if you want.
    Or if you can't be bothered, send a pm to the OP

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

gcm and iso files are fine used directly (as long as they are correctly named) it is the correct format there is software that can make game images even smaller using various methods but some of these can corrupt the games so use those at you own risk

Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes is a 2 disc game though, as DL pointed out there is a Special Disc but that was only with the Japanese release not the US release that you have,

The Famicom version of Metal Gear (aka NES version) was nothing compared to the MSX version of the same game, that goes double so for Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake that plain sucked on the NES but rocked on the MSX, perhaps not to today's standards though

To use 2 disc games name the first disc game.iso and the second one disc2.iso, in this case both of those go in the GGSEA4 folder, DIOS MIOS will auto change the discs once you get to the swap point

As for the "Special Disc" that is japan only then you have the wrong version as you have the US version and I would presume you just thought the second disc was some sort of bonus disc rather than more main game play, but the extra disc you got was Metal Gear Special Disc rather than just being called a Special disc, if you noticed the lack of Solid it is because there was 2 main games previous to the Solid series and this emulates the first game, it's just a shame that this is an emulated NES/Famicom version rather than the MSX version
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-November-2014 at 16:31.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sorry all, I should have been more specific. The disc I am referring to IS the Metal Gear Special Disc, released in Japan as part of the Premium Package Box. I assume it has a different code than GGSEA4, as it is not a part of MGS Twin Snakes. I'll try the GameCube ISO Tool and see how that works out. Thanks to all!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

GGSEA4 will not be the correct code no, as you are correct it is not going to have the same code even the Jap version of the game does not share the same code, close but no it's not the same, I don't remember but I don't even think you require a code in the folder structure at all.

The codes can be found other ways though if needs be and if the software you are trying does not provide them either.

I will go into more detail if needs be though I'm sure it's not needed

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

All right, everyone, case closed. I used the Gamecube ISO Tool, and it provided me with this code: PGSJ01. I looked it up and I found it on another website, so it's the one I'm going with. Thank you all for your help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Don't know why you would want that disc on your Wii anyway
    You can use the MSX Virtual Console variant (same for Metal Gear 2)...as Zorlon pointed out these versions are better.

Here's a share of the second game if you want it:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...l-Gear-2-J-WAD

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    You can upload the tool to a hosting service yourself and post the link here if you want.
    Alrighty, wasn't sure if re-uploading files from somewhere else would be considered "file stealing". Reuploaded elsewhere and fixed my post, thanks for the heads up
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

No You can grab files from anywhere and upload them yourself (as long as the stuff you're sharing isn't considered warez on this site), if it's possible to do a remote upload that's fine too...as long as the link you post is your own upload.
    Most people have downloaded stuff they share from somewhere else before sharing it here...not many actually dump their own stuff

Spoiler warning:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post: