Thread: 3DS Powersaves Editor Possible?

Thanks

Default 3DS Powersaves Editor Possible?

What really sticks in my craw regarding the 3DS Powersaves device is that Codejunkies created badge-enhancing codes for the European version...but REFUSES to do so for the American version!

This, despite my repeated requests for such codes, including what I call a "request bomb", that is, I request the same exact code(s) several times in a row, in rapid-fire fashion.

I've even been forced to directly address such a discrepancy in the American code list for Smash Bros. with the support team via email! I'm still unsure whether it will 1. receive a reply, and 2. do any good.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What ID's the save? i.e. what does Powersaves save your save data as and in what folder

I am currious if you can just rename the save or the folder containing the save so Powersaves thinks it's the EU version, then use EU codes on the save, the rename the folder or file back to it's original name and copy the save back to the cart

I'm thinking this may work as there are little differences between regional English games asides from the region lockout itself, so saves should be just about the same anyway, though I admit I have had no exp as far as modding 3DS saves go, so there may be some sort of Regional ID in the hex of the save, like there is in PSX saves, though why that would be the case I would have no idea to that

The above though just could have something to do with Nintendo of America rather than Datel (aka Codejunkies) anotherwords Nintendo of Europe don't care as much about hacking codes as much as Nintendo of America maybe, I have heard of Nintendo asking for certain codes to be removed from Powersaves

I imagine an editor would be possible but I have a feeling Datel have not made it easy for homebrew coders to add or change codes, they probable encypt the code storage and/or hide it, they limit what can be changed with every new cheat device they release, I loved the good old days when they gave you the power to train any game and create your own codes, but that is sadly a thing of the past apart from homebrew trainers, but I do not know of any for the 3DS
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-October-2014 at 21:40.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR