Thread: Xenogears hack

Thanks

Default Xenogears hack

I have the xenogears 2.0 hack as is from this site, and want to apply it. Only issue is, I dont know how. The instructions on the homepage for the page assumes I have the original disc, and even then apparently I need .bin or.cue format to apply the patch, once again how ever Im not sure what program to use.

Any one know what exactly im supposed to do to apply it? For reference, when unpacking the xenogears rar files Im given two files for each, an mdf and mds file.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

if you are unsure what to use, http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...U-%28Redump%29

use those and simply rename the bin files as stated in the instructions, and open the cue files in notepad and rename accordingly.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    if you are unsure what to use, http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...U-%28Redump%29

use those and simply rename the bin files as stated in the instructions, and open the cue files in notepad and rename accordingly.
    Im assuming you mean I should download the discs from those links, since theyre the untouched iso's? Well unfortunately the links seem to be broken. Clicking them only opens a new tab and no download starts.

If its just untouched iso's I need then Ill see if I get them from elsewhere.

edit: Thought I needed CDRwin but it looks like the patch now files are in the patch, never mind, the only thing I need is untouched iso's. Ill report back once I get a hold of them
    Last edited by A fried potater; 26th-September-2014 at 01:56.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by A fried potater View Post
    Im assuming you mean I should download the discs from those links, since theyre the untouched iso's? Well unfortunately the links seem to be broken. Clicking them only opens a new tab and no download starts.

If its just untouched iso's I need then Ill see if I get them from elsewhere.

edit: Thought I needed CDRwin but it looks like the patch now files are in the patch, never mind, the only thing I need is untouched iso's. Ill report back once I get a hold of them
    just checked my links, they are alive and kicking, well regarding proper images it should not be hard, just check the images crc32 with a program like hashcalc and see if they match on redump.org

http://redump.org/disc/177/
    http://redump.org/disc/178/

Edit: also with my links all you have to do is right click on a link and select Save Link As and it will download just the same.
    Last edited by Warrior; 26th-September-2014 at 02:36.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

I actually got around to getting entirely different iso's from a different source so no problem there. I patched them up and now have the .cue files

My last question is...what do I do with them? Launching it as an iso through epsxe doesnt work, as i probably couldve imagined, and mounting on daemon tools doesnt work. It gives me an error message saying they cant be mounted. Do I have to go about copying the images to discs like the instructions call for or am I able to play them with less hassle?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by A fried potater View Post
    I actually got around to getting entirely different iso's from a different source so no problem there. I patched them up and now have the .cue files

My last question is...what do I do with them? Launching it as an iso through epsxe doesnt work, as i probably couldve imagined, and mounting on daemon tools doesnt work. It gives me an error message saying they cant be mounted. Do I have to go about copying the images to discs like the instructions call for or am I able to play them with less hassle?
    As the disc images are just a single track then ePSXe and Daemon Tools Lite should be able to read it just fine, if not there is a problem with the disc image/s

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    As the disc images are just a single track then ePSXe and Daemon Tools Lite should be able to read it just fine, if not there is a problem with the disc image/s
    Well im beginning to think this is futile. I went ahead and downloaded the iso's from the page warrior linked me to, patched them, and they still dont work. Daemon tools gave me the same error, and when trying to run them on epsxe i get a black screen and nothing else.