Thread: ePSXe 1.9 - No music in a good amount of games?

Thanks

Default ePSXe 1.9 - No music in a good amount of games?

I know this is a bit of a common issue, but I'm not entirely sure on the fix.

I've ripped my own discs for quite some time. (using ISOBuster)
    I make sure not to run the .bin file, but to run the .cue file instead, but this doesn't exactly help the problem.
    A lot of games I play don't have any music in the background. Wipeout, Ridge Racer, Destruction Derby 2, etc.

Anyone know a solution?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Those games are multitrack (one track is the data and the others are the audio tracks) so you need a proper multitrack cue to run them. When you create the bin+cue images create them using a program like isobuster that will create the proper multitrack.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator (psx datacenter) View Post
    Those games are multitrack (one track is the data and the others are the audio tracks) so you need a proper multitrack cue to run them. When you create the bin+cue images create them using a program like isobuster that will create the proper multitrack.
    I have been using ISO Buster (Using 3.0 of the program, by the way), but I might have been selecting the wrong options?

Here's what I do:
    1) Boot up ISO Buster with disc in the drive
    2) Right click 'CD'
    3) Extract CD <image>
    4) RAW (*.bin, *.iso)
    5) Change the file extension to .bin
    6) Let it complete, then have the .cue file automatically created in the same location

Name:  vvCDBom.png
Views: 1382
Size:  59.4 KB

Am I missing anything?
    Last edited by Azoshi; 5th-September-2014 at 05:23.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Multi track games will only work with the internal spu since version 1.7.0 and work fine directly from iso, loading the cue file only that I can see you do anyway

previous versions of ePSXe require the disc images to be mounted via the cue in a virtual CD program such as daemon Tools Lite then ran from run cd-rom, most the SPU plugins work with mulyi track disc images

The last option is the Shark Enhanced versions of ePSXe 1.7.0 to ePSXe 1.9.0, that are hacked up version that allow a few more SPU plugins to work with multi track discs
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-September-2014 at 18:40.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I've been having this problem myself. I'm using epxse 1.8 and can not get certain games to have music tracks.

Even when I use the internal plugin, it will only go through the song once and stops. It will also every now and then get a very crunchy sound about it.

Is there really no way to get multi track games to work with Pete's or Eternal plugins? or, at least, does anybody know how to get the internal spu to work for me?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ePSXe Shark Enhanced allows external SPU plugins to run CDDA tracks

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Well, preliminary tests are looking positive. I'll have to fool with it some more but, this definitely seems to be a promising lead.

I greatly appreciate your quick help. I've been messing around with this emulator for some time now and through google searching, you've helped solve several of my problems. Good to get the chance to say thanks. If I ever need any more help, I'll know where to come.