Thread: Can't use ananlog mode on Epsxe 1.90

Thanks

Red face Can't use ananlog mode on Epsxe 1.90

I'm using the ps1 emulator epsxe lastest version 1.90

I have Motionjoy setup with a PS3 controller everything works the Analog works when go to device setup but when i start the Emulator it says Analog off i hit F5 and nothing works.. And The games i play are Xenogears and Digimon World 3 which are supported with the Analog stick.

What is the problem? How can i get it to work?
    I am a old school player and should use the D-Pads ,
    but damn I prefer the analog now because i'm use to it and it's comfortable

So what to do to get the analog to work on the emulator ?

Thanks

There could be many reasons for your issue. From my experience it depends on what video plugin you use. Even if some games support Dualshock controllers, you'll still need to use certain plugins to get that feature to work correctly. It could also be the controller you're using. I'm currently using a GGE909 PC Recoil Pad; I can manually turn analog on and off (although F5 seems to work. Just a thought). I'm quite sure you can't do that so conveniently with PS3 controllers, unless you pull the menu (GUI) up and mess with the settings on your PS3.

Which brings me to ask: Have you tried pushing the PS button in the center? If so and that didn't work, what all plugins does your emulator have? What kind of graphics cards and display driver does your PC have?
    Last edited by LordMajora; 9th-August-2014 at 03:48.
    I didn't choose the pirate life, the pirate life chose me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LordMajora View Post
    There could be many reasons for your issue. From my experience it depends on what video plugin you use. Even if some games support Dualshock controllers, you'll still need to use certain plugins to get that feature to work correctly. It could also be the controller you're using. I'm currently using a GGE909 PC Recoil Pad; I can manually turn analog on and off (although F5 seems to work. Just a thought). I'm quite sure you can't do that so conveniently with PS3 controllers, unless you pull the menu (GUI) up and mess with the settings on your PS3.

Which brings me to ask: Have you tried pushing the PS button in the center? If so and that didn't work, what all plugins does your emulator have? What kind of graphics cards and display driver does your PC have?

Hey man thanks at least you're kind enough to answer .
    I checked tne back of Xenogears and it seems to not say analog.
    But I tried Digimon world 3 and that game came out 2003 right? So analog should definitely work on Digimon world 3 but it doesn't on the emulator .
    It keeps disabling analog .

I might try Parasite Eve because it supports analog . If it doesn't work then Epsxe needs to upgrade and fix the analog situation.

I pushed the PS button and nothing

.And my PLugins are

Config Video:
    psx emulation cheater 2.5 along with the petes openGL2 driver 2.9
    but i keep it on the Emulation Cheater 2.5

configuration Cdrom:
    the epsxe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

controller settings

SCPH -1150 DualAnalog or SCPH 1200 DualShock

When i choose either one of the Analog Controller settings it doesn't work i hit F5 a thousands times nothing..

Do you think it has something to do with the BIos?

i'm using SCPH 1000 and 1001 because i got a new laptop so i saved the states on my usb and i can only use those states depending on the SCPH

but anyways i also have 7001 and 9002 but don't use them..

So any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dreadie View Post
    But I tried Digimon world 3 and that game came out 2003 right? So analog should definitely work on Digimon world 3 but it doesn't on the emulator .
    It keeps disabling analog.
    Definitely. Digimon does in fact support analog, so we know it's not a game related issue.

I might try Parasite Eve because it supports analog . If it doesn't work then Epsxe needs to upgrade and fix the analog situation.
    If Digimon didn't work for you, I highly doubt Parasite Eve will. It's probable that you do need to update your emulator.

I pushed the PS button and nothing

.And my PLugins are

Config Video:
    psx emulation cheater 2.5 along with the petes openGL2 driver 2.9
    but i keep it on the Emulation Cheater 2.5

configuration Cdrom:
    the epsxe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

controller settings

SCPH -1150 DualAnalog or SCPH 1200 DualShock

Yeah, figures. I didn't think that would work. It may be due to you using a cheater plugin. I've tried one of the plugins (can't remember when), and it always seems to work poorly with some games. I would just recommend downloading a gameshark/code breaker ISO for your cheating needs. The controller settings you're using seems to be just fine. I use SCPH-1200 (Dualshock5) all the time.

Do you think it has something to do with the BIos?

i'm using SCPH 1000 and 1001 because i got a new laptop so i saved the states on my usb and i can only use those states depending on the SCPH

but anyways i also have 7001 and 9002 but don't use them..

So any ideas?
    It shouldn't have anything to do with your BIOs. I use SCPH1001 all the time, yet never seem to have a problem with analog controllers. If I do -- it's usually the wrong video plugin that I'm using. You probably have to update your ePSXe, although you'll be technically downgrading (doesn't hurt to try). I'm currently using an enhanced 1.8.0 with all BIOs and plugins.

You can get it from this EP thread: Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Just follow the thread and download it. Try all of the BIOs and plugins, then come back and tell me whether or not they worked. I recommend for you to try SCPH-1000/1001 and your usual controller BIOs out first. I hope it'll help.

If the link doesn't seem to work (I'm having this issue on testing), just go the direct download link: Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by LordMajora; 9th-August-2014 at 23:41.
    I didn't choose the pirate life, the pirate life chose me.

Thanks

i guess you're right. But i'll just continue using the D-Pads than ananlog sticks. Plus i like the emu cheater.

But i'll keep that gameshark iso in mind.. Is th in the link as well?
    Unless you're not in the Kitchen making me a sandwich please don't talk to me .

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

emu cheater ??? is that PEC because lat time I used that it did not prevent the use of analog or rumble though that may of been some time back I hardly emulate the PSX due to the chipped PSone I use from time to time and the PSP that I play PSX games on

Saying that though I am happy to do some tests
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-August-2014 at 15:22.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I just downgraded from 1.9 to 1.8 and it still won't let me use analog. When i start the game Digimon World 3 it says ananlog off .
    I hit F5 still nothing.. I even go to settings for my controllers on the emulator , motionjoy and my computer driver settings

The ananlog stick is working perfectly when i set it up in the options but as soon as i start a game it shuts off.. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    emu cheater ??? is that PEC because lat time I used that it did not prevent the use of analog or rumble though that may of been some time back
    Yes i;m using the PEC as my video plugin because that's the only way it'll work..
    And i Downgraded from 1.9 to 1.8 epsxe and still don't work .

But my analog is working perfectly when i set it up in the Control Panels , motion joy and emulator controller settings .
    But as soon as i start Digimon world 3 or any other Game that supports Analog, the emulator shuts it off.. In the top right corner it says analog off .
    I hit F5 multiple times nothing happens. Why?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-August-2014 at 18:46.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I am far too tired today to do much

But if you are going to try an alt version then try 1.6.0 or 1.5.2 as they use a totally different core to 1.7.0 and up or try one of the Shark Enhanced versions of 1.7.0 to 1.9.0 (Shark Enhanced is a not a cheat version or anything but an enhanced version)

Note that 1.6.0 and under can't run games with CDDA directly from Run ISO you would need to mount games in something like Daemon Tools Lite with SPTD drivers and use Run CD-Rom instead with the CD plugin pointing to the correct CD/DVD drive

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I am far too tired today to do much

But if you are going to try an alt version then try 1.6.0 or 1.5.2 as they use a totally different core to 1.7.0 and up or try one of the Shark Enhanced versions of 1.7.0 to 1.9.0 (Shark Enhanced is a not a cheat version or anything but an enhanced version)

Note that 1.6.0 and under can't run games with CDDA directly from Run ISO you would need to mount games in something like Daemon Tools Lite with SPTD drivers and use Run CD-Rom instead with the CD plugin pointing to the correct CD/DVD drive

What??? That is confusing as hell. I'm not a pro like you . I mean the best i can do is just play with the D-pads..

And i do have the CDs no Iso. But all of this is confusing.. How do you remember this?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just been doing this for a very long time, from the first few emulators around I was a fan of emulation, though tend to do more emulation on other consoles now than on a computer.

I'm no pro though, just a fan

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Hey can all PSP systems use emulation? Such as Vita or the orignals ones?

If so can you list them all like the PSP 1000 all the way to Psp vita

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hey can all PSP systems use emulation? Such as Vita or the orignals ones?

If so can you list them all like the PSP 1000 all the way to Psp vita
    The original PSP has more for it plus is easy to mod and does not get blocked by Sony

Most the 1k and 2k versions of the PSP can have a perm mod done later models mostly can only have the none perm version so on a full power off/on it would need to be re-installed but it takes very little time to do anyway

The Vita however must be on an older firmware and has a very good chance of being blocked, personally I will not mod my Vita or my PS3 for those reasons

dcemu has plenty of emulators listed for consoles though

The PSX emulation though is actually part of the firmware anyway and is an official emulator called pops that is part of the PSP, PSVita and the PS3 firmware

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

The original PSP has more for it plus is easy to mod and does not get blocked by Sony

Most the 1k and 2k versions of the PSP can have a perm mod done later models mostly can only have the none perm version so on a full power off/on it would need to be re-installed but it takes very little time to do anyway

So the First and Second PSP can do all permanent mods and have Emulation ?