Thread: Several Problems with Several Emulators

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Several Problems with Several Emulators

Hello, I have been having several problems with several different Emulators, most of them are controller related. You see, I'm using an Wired X-Box 360 Controller for Emulation, the analog and all the buttons work perfectly, but when I try to configure the Analog in ePSXe, it won't work, I've downloaded several different plugins but I don't know how to change controller plugins in ePSXe. Also, I can't get the rumble feature to work in ePSXe. On a similar matter, on PCSX2, I want to know if it's possible to configure Analog sensitivity, here is an example: I'm playing Kingdom Hearts and every time I barely push on the Analog, Sora runs at full Speed, I don't know how to fix this. I'm having the same analog sensitivity problem on Project 64. Back on the subject on of PS1, I tried getting PCSX and PCSX-Reloaded to fix the analog problem, Kept giving ''Program not Responding'' Messages so I deleted it, PCSX works without errors, and I even got Analog feedback, but the Analog still has problems, sometimes when I press Forward nothing happens, or it goes in the wrong direction. I could go into more detail but I won't. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Daraghy View Post
    Hello, I have been having several problems with several different Emulators, most of them are controller related. You see, I'm using an Wired X-Box 360 Controller for Emulation, the analog and all the buttons work perfectly, but when I try to configure the Analog in ePSXe, it won't work,
    First thing I would recommend is checking to make sure the analog inputs are coming through properly. Assuming you use Windows 7, go to your Control Panel. Click where it says "Category" in the upper right corner and select Small/Large icons, then find the "Devices and Printers" icon and click it. You should see a gamepad icon (as long as the controller is plugged in), right click it and select "Game controller settings", then Properties. On this next screen, move your joysticks around and make sure it shows smooth movement. If it's erratic or snaps straight to the edges of the box, try clicking the Settings tab and using the Calibrate option found there. If that doesn't fix it, then it's either a physical hardware issue with your sticks, or (more likely) bad drivers.

To make sure you get the proper, official drivers installed, go back to your Control Panel and click Device Manager. Find your controller listed there; if it's not listed as "xbox controller" it'll probably be under Human Interface Devices as "HID-compliant game controller". Right click it and select Uninstall, then unplug the controller. Finally, you can find the proper driver software here; http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...er-for-windows. Install the software before plugging the controller back in, and it will find the new drivers as soon as it's plugged back in.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

It's not a driver problem, nor is it a problem with the controller, I already said I managed to get everything working in the GameCube Emulator, I think it's as simple as some emulators are harder to configure then others. Oh and I fixed the Analog Sensitivity issue in PCSX2, but I still need help with getting Analog and rumble to work in ePSXe, and Analog Sensitivity in Project 64. If it helps My hardware specs are

.Windows 7 Laptop

.Qaud-Core each core running at 2.5 Ghz

.1.6GB of RAM

I'll try and post a video going into more detail about this problem.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Rumble will only work if you install drivers for rumble, the HID driver does not support the rumble feature though

I'm not sure the official 360 pad driver even supports rumble but best to try them first anyway

But if not I uploaded a 3rd party driver set just for rumble and does work with 360 wired pads, that is in the first post in http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?63284

In ePSXe if a PSX game supports analog and the pad mode is in digital then analog will not work so try and press F5 to change the pad mode
    In ePSXe if a PSX game does not support analog though and you hit F5 to activate analog most games will just say there is no pad connected, or just not respond at all

As a hint if the driver supports rumble then on the Gamepad properties there will be vibration options

e.g......Sorry the shot is from one of my PSX/PS2 to USB converters, I don't like the 360 pads as much as well as the lower triggers not working together at the same time that can be annoying at times, that may of been fixed by the official drivers, something that I wouldn't know though myself.

Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-July-2014 at 18:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright good news, I changed my controller plugin in Project 64 to a a plugin called Pokopom, I got the vibration and Analog sensitivity working. As for PS1 Controls. I got PCSX-Reloaded, which is a emulator that allows you to change controller plugins, so I changed the plugin to lily pad, which is included in PCSX2, and I managed to get Analog working, and Rumble Working, plus Analog sensitivity, the only downside is PCSX-Reloaded runs Extremely fast, I tried Playing Spyro the Dragon and it played at 200% it's normal speed, I haven't tried that hard to fix the problem so I won't worry about it now

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You just need to set the FPS limit up correctly

either to auto or manually set that, make sure limit is enabled though, most plugins have that option, but if not just switch to PEOpS soft plugin instead

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright, everything is working fine, thanks everyone for the help.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Cool now all that is left is to have fun playing the games

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]