Thread: Need help running PSP and PS2 Game

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Need help running PSP and PS2 Game

Hi, I mainly use CoolROMs to download games, but right now CoolROMs.com only has a few PSP Games, one of the games they didn't have that I wanted was Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, So I went here instead and downloaded and extracted it, but the extracted files didn't include a ISO, So how am I Suppose to use it? All my other PSP Games Work, and I have been emulating things for a year so don't call me a newb, also I downloaded GTA Vice City Stories from CoolROMs, it said ''Please Insert PS2 or PS1 Game'' all my other PS2 Games work find and GTA Vice City Stories is in ISO Format. If anyone can help me with either games that would be great.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

We can't support any games from other sites.

Get Vice City Stories from our servers then we can help you there, though it should just work anyway (Note that game was released on PSP first then ported to the PS2, personally I like the PS2 port more, but I use real hardware anyway.)

What files did you get for MGS PO? can't help much without more information, also for any forum downloads make sure you read the thread and follow any special instructions if there is any.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I downloaded MGS PO, Extracted the file using WinRAR, and the extracted file was a folder named Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, I searched the folder but I couldn't find a ISO File, So I deleted it, I can't remember the exact contents of the folder. But I think there were 3 separate MGS PO1 MGS PO 2, and MGS PO3, as for Vice City Stories, I instead got regular Vice city for PS2. It works at 60 frames per second 720P HD.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Use 7-zip to extract it with instead, it sounds like you either extracted the contents of the ISO file or it was possibly a scene release I can't be sure without knowing what files you had

P.S. the best GTA is San Andreas anyway but I like to play through the lot, they are all related in some way or another, e.g. in GTASA you race the guy from GTA III, this is just before he goes to Libertcy City, so GTASA story wise anyway comes before GTA III
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-July-2014 at 09:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I already have all the PS2 GTA games, except Vice city stories, I agree that GTA SA is best, I think I have enough GTA games, I guess its not a big deal if GTA VCS works or not, but I still need help with MGS, but not now it's 3:30 Where I live so i'll try again tomorrow.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well grab that again and let me know what files you end up with after extracting it with 7-zip

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you, I re-downloaded it, Extracted it with 7-Zip, and I got an ISO file, it runs perfectly.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Cool enjoy the game

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: