Thread: Silent Hill 2 rom - cannot extract iso

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Silent Hill 2 rom - cannot extract iso

Recently I downloaded "Silent Hill 2 - Director's Cut (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) ISO" for PCSX2 1.2.1. I'm trying to extract the ISO to the PCSX2 folder but I receive only a WinRAR diagnostic message:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Silent Hill 2 - Director's Cut (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).7z: Cannot open C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Silent Hill 2 - Director's Cut (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).iso"

Can someone please help me trouble shoot this problem?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Use www.7-zip.org

If you still get errors though do a test with 7-zip and post the results

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok. So, I installed 7-zip 9.20 and entered the file into 7-zip file manager, and well... my entire 2gb .rar file has disappeared - It's vanished and I can't find it . So, what's next?
    Last edited by sligdude; 2nd-July-2014 at 01:34.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Silent Hill 2 - Director's Cut (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).7z is the location it was if it is no longer there then you need to re-download it

P.S. I would not store any roms or iso's in Program Files (x86) or Program Files but store them either on your desktop or in a new folder in C:\users\your user name\PS2 ISO's\*.iso

I would download to your desktop first extract them then move the iso to the folder you want to store them in and delete the archive file to save space after you know the iso works
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-July-2014 at 03:51.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Geeze - i'm starting to feel rusty around the edges.

I found the silent hill 2.7z file & it had in fact doubled in size to 4.08GB. 7-zip couldn't extract the ISO file so I had the zip file deleted (I hope). I'll try to download it again. Interesting that I couldn't locate the pathway of the .7z file - perhaps it went into a temporary file. Anyway, I'll try to download it again from scratch and let you know how it goes.

ePXSe & N64 like numerous other emulators have always been a breeze to install & operate, but PCSX2 is new to me and so far I've encountered unexpected complications every step of the way. There's been very little consistency between the PCSX2 (1.2.1) I've downloaded and the tutorials I'm trying to follow. If you know much about PCSX2 it's plugins and optimum settings, a point in the right direction would be very much appreciated. Sometimes I think buying a secondhand PS2 would be less painful, but I'm a snob for quality and I'm determined to break in this software. After all, quality gaming is all about the journey damn it
    Last edited by sligdude; 2nd-July-2014 at 13:06.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

4.08GB... sounds like that was the iso file

More like you are new to iso extraction as you have not got as far as emulating anything yet

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Done, & done. I finally got the iso extracted, and I finally got PCSX2 to recognize the bios. Its working great. It's the first time I haven't had to install or tool around with plugins to get an emulator to recognize the controller; There was some talk about having to download an apparently dodgy software called MotioninJoy, but fortunately my PS controller works without intervention.

Issues resolved. Thanks Zorlon.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thats great hope you enjoy the game, love Silent Hill myself , especially the first one but I like em all

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]