Thread: PSP Isos HELP!!

Thanks

Default PSP Isos HELP!!

Dear all:
    Every time I download a psp iso from here, it downloads in rar format. When I download from another page, it download in ISO format.

The differece between them is obvious, the ISO file is one single file, the rar file is a file wich contain hundreds os files...

So, the page says "psp iso´s" but they are not iso files compressed with winrar.... do you understand me?

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.
    Last edited by cuervodemegatlon; 26th-June-2014 at 20:32.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

.rar is a compressed format used to save space. Use Winrar or 7zip to extract the image file of the game.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?t=51257

Thanks

No, because it is not an iso file compressed.

When I extract the rar, there are hundred of files! So, the page says "psp isos" but they are not isos....do you understand me?

Thanks
    EP Points

Then you are probably extracting the contents of the image file as well. To avoid it make sure iso files aren't associated with the program you use to extract, change that option in the program settings. Once you have done it, extract again the compressed files, the result will be the iso file.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

lol @ winrar

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Then you are probably extracting the contents of the image file as well. To avoid it make sure iso files aren't associated with the program you use to extract, change that option in the program settings. Once you have done it, extract again the compressed files, the result will be the iso file.
    No. Look, i will explain it better.

I download an ISO psp game from another page, and I get an iso file. Only 1 file, with the name "x".iso I can not extract it, because it is an iso, no a rar file. Just an iso. The file icon is the Ultra ISO.

OK, when I download an iso psp game from here, from emuparadise, I get a rar file. Not an iso. The file icon is the winrar. The file name is "x".rar. If I extract the rar file, I get hundreds of files, and none of them is an iso.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cuervodemegatlon View Post

I download an ISO psp game from another page, and I get an iso file. Only 1 file, with the name "x".iso I can not extract it, because it is an iso, no a rar file. Just an iso. The file icon is the Ultra ISO.

OK, when I download an iso psp game from here, from emuparadise, I get a rar file. Not an iso. The file icon is the winrar. The file name is "x".rar. If I extract the rar file, I get hundreds of files, and none of them is an iso.

A single archive, with the scene release split archive inside it.
    Use 7zip it has better compatibility.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    A single archive, with the scene release split archive inside it.
    Use 7zip it has better compatibility.
    I didn´t understand you, deadlegion

Thanks
    EP Points

You don't understand what a split archive is?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

No, man, I dont get a split archive. I told you, I download from another page (for example) DantesInferno.iso Is an iso file. Not a rar. But if I download from here, I get DantesInferno.rar. Not an iso, a rar. If I extract it, I dont get an iso file, I get multiple files.

It is not that I get a split file.

Thanks
    EP Points

Some files are compressed even further and then split into parts because some file hosts have a limit as to how big a file you can upload.

If you have multiple rars just extract the first one like .r00 or whatever it is (can't remember) but it will be the first one. Anyhow it will automatically unrar the rest and put the iso/cso back together.

The only other thing it could be was already mentioned and that is you uncompressed the actual disc image itself and will have to un associate it with winrar or 7zip
    Last edited by Zaladane; 26th-June-2014 at 23:25.

Thanks
    EP Points

I still think you are extracting the image file itself..

Anyways, post a picture of the folder where the files you downloaded are so we can see what you have. Make sure file extensions for said files are viewable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I still think you are extracting the image file itself..
    I don´t think so, because I have the ISO extension associated to UltraISO, and te RAR extension associated to Winrar. That´s why I get a file with the UltraISO icon when I download it from another page, but I get a file with the rar icon when I download it from here.

Plus, the name is .ISO when I download from the other page, and the name is .RAR when I download from here....

Strage, don´t you think?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It would help if you listed a few of the files you are getting or post a snap shot of the files you have extracted, instead of making us second guess that may or may not be correct but then just confusing you that in turn confuses anyone wishing to try and help you

I would still use 7-zip though instead of winrar, that just saves a bunch of confusion to start with.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuervodemegatlon View Post

I was troubleshooting the same exact thing and was getting frustrated to all hell. But from what I gathered here, I stumbled upon a solution, and decided to register and share the knowledge

NOTE: I did this with winRar, and I"m pretty sure you can do it with 7zip. Haven't tested the 7 zip way though :c

1) download the game you want
    2) un-rar it with winrar
    3) open the folder that the file was extracted to
    4) Observe the many files in the folder
    5) select all of the fragmented "rar" files
    6) right click and select extract
    7) TADA! one single Iso file from the many ziped files

Conclusion

Russian had the right of it when he said the the file was split into pieces, and then compressed individually. the iso file is essentially shenron, and the only way to summon em is to "extract" all 7 of the dragon balls and put them in one place.

hope this helps