Thread: PS2 ICO cut-scene bug/glitch, Help!

Thanks

Default PS2 ICO cut-scene bug/glitch, Help!

Hey guys, I just beat the game for the first time and started the a new game using the "special" save you get when you beat the game, everything was ok until the first time you reach the gates... the cut-scene starts but ICO and Yorda get stuck where they where standing after ICO says that the gate is opened, the gate closes but Queen don't appears the only thing that stays normal is the camera movement during the scene, when it ends and I gain the the control back ICO and Yorda are close to the gate as it should be normally, but if I try to to push the pillars in the area the cut-scene that is triggered after I push the pillars makes the game get "stuck" all that I got is the camera with the letter-box zooming on ICO which is standing IDLE... also if I try to save using the seat close to the gates before completing the pillar puzzle the control become unresponsive when it asks "Do you wish to save?" I can high-light yes and no using the directionals but the rest of the control buttons are not responding... I already tried turning off the PS2 and taking the game of the tray but it still happening.

I burned the game at 4x and it is the PAL version, I'm playing in a PS2 with Matrix Infinity 1.93 Mod Chip.
    Thanks in advance. (Sorry about my english).

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What version of the game did you burn??

The PAL DVD or the NTSC CD version?

If 4x is the slowest speed you can burn at then that is perfect if you can burn slower though then do so to get the best burning possible.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-June-2014 at 03:51.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for the help, it's the PAL DVD version... but I just played again and the bug/glitch didn't happened, now I'm a bit confused, I don't know if it was just a minor glitch or my PS2 is with some kind of problem.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

probably just a bad burn or bad disc, it can happen

the disc may of just had a slight dusk covering or other mark on it before you even burned to it

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: