Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Luck with Pro Adapters

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

The OP did say:
    Quote Originally Posted by kripz View Post
    I'm currently using an unbranded 32 gb class 10 card
    I'm just wondering if it's the card that's the issue. Cheap cards can be unreliable, I haven't had any probs with my SanDisk class 4 cards.

Spoiler warning:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If interested I use Samsung 2*32GB class (10) ones never had an issue either

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the advice guys unfortunately I have bad news. While having my psp connected to my laptop to transfer a game I go for a shower and my laptop battery died so now my psp is saying there is no memory card inserted I've tried inserting my micro sd card in the laptop its not been recognized any help to reformat it guys?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds like the MicroSD was maybe the issue from the start, if it's not recognized at all there is nothing that can be done if it is recognized but says it needs formatting then you can do something, even if the file system for totally corrupt it would still be recognized but ask for a reformat

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey sorry to revive this this thread again. I finally bought myself a 32gb micro sd card by samsung class 10 like Zorlons and still have the same issue. I've tried looking online to downgrade my psp from 6.60 to 6.00 but haven't found what I'm looking for also I remember in this thread you mentioned to keep it plugged in at all times when doing the downgrade. Could you please outline it step by step for me please as I'm going to see if this makes a difference or just get another psp after selling this one off the drama of it all :-(

Thanks
    EP Points

Don't know why you would want to downgrade

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I finally bought myself a 32gb micro sd card by samsung class 10 like Zorlons and still have the same issue. I've tried looking online to downgrade my psp from 6.60 to 6.00 but haven't found what I'm looking for
    The firmware version isn't going to make a difference as to whether or not a micro SD adapter works. If you've already formatted the card using your PC and it still isn't recognized at all by the PSP (you'd want to try the "format card" option in your system settings after sticking it in) then either the adapter is bad or the card is bad (assuming other pro duo cards work fine in your PSP).
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This is more thinking that the PSP firmware may be corrupt so the downgrade is only to upgrade again afterwards

www.epforums.org/showthread.php?63497 downgrade tuto

The background for this is that the Memstick is read but, OP is that everything after 1 or 2 games shows as corrupt data, not sure if the OP tested out mounting those as UMD Video discs though that might work as a work around

Older firmware very very old firmware that is had a limit on how much memstick it could read, though not sure what that done if you over hit the mark

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks Zorlon for the guide. It's now gone up to 7 games but in essence yes your right Zorlon. I'm assuming for UMD video discs I have to have a VIDEO file in my ISO folder and try it from there? I remember in this thread you said to downgrade to 6.00 but in the link the psp has only been tested to 6.20 should I go to 6.20 to also try other CF also when I originally upgraded my firmware when I get it from 5.03 I beleive I went to Sony's site to download the firmware should I use a different source this time?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sony's site is fine if they have the older firmware not sure if they do or do not but.....
    I uploaded a full set of official firmware updates anyway at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90067

The CFW should not be an issue but you are welcome to try another CFW if you wish

Yeah 6.20 should be fine, I actually don't remember what firmware I rolled back to myself, last time I done that myself though that was for a totally unrelated issue

If I remember correctly there should be Video folder inside the iso folder and yeah that should be the place that UMD Video's are looked for

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi guys I finally found out what the problem is I typed in fake micro sd cards and a ton of webpages came up one suggested I use a program to test the micro sd card as a lot of fakes are going around on ebay especially as I bought 4 sd cards from there and 4 pro duo adapters.

I've just run the test on my latest card the samsung 32gb class 10 and it turns out its only 8gb with 7.5gb working and the rest is corrupt or bad sectors I personally would recommend you all use the program yourselves to see if your sd cards are genuine or not it works with usbs and all sorts. The program is called h2testw.

I am glad I found this out now but I am sad it took me 4 micro sd cards to find out and being a victim of blatant fraud as ebay will not put a stop to this practice. I've read that amazon is the most reliable site for micro sd cards amazon itself. Thanks for all your help guys. I will keep you updated about it all cos it seems the adapters should work now.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I tend to buy from Amazon though not always officially sold by Amazon, but mostly or atleast those that have the prime option or officially supported by amazon even though they are 3rd party sellers, I always check feedback from 3rd party sellers, triple so from any ebay seller as I have had too much bad exp via ebay, not all bad though had some great deals from ebay sellers also.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-July-2014 at 14:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi guys I finally found out what the problem is I typed in fake micro sd cards and a ton of webpages came up one suggested I use a program to test the micro sd card as a lot of fakes are going around on ebay especially as I bought 4 sd cards from there and 4 pro duo adapters.

I've just run the test on my latest card the samsung 32gb class 10 and it turns out its only 8gb with 7.5gb working and the rest is corrupt or bad sectors I personally would recommend you all use the program yourselves to see if your sd cards are genuine or not it works with usbs and all sorts. The program is called h2testw.

I am glad I found this out now but I am sad it took me 4 micro sd cards to find out and being a victim of blatant fraud as ebay will not put a stop to this practice. I've read that amazon is the most reliable site for micro sd cards amazon itself. Thanks for all your help guys. I will keep you updated about it all cos it seems the adapters should work now.
    I got my SanDisk class 4 cards from a local reputable seller on Ebay Yeah there are plenty of dodgy cards around, and with bad class 10 cards they can perform worse than quality class 4.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Result guys I got a sandisk ultra 32gb class 10 tried it with the program first good results my speed was 8. something mb a bit low for a class 10 but I think it might be cos m laptops old. No corrupted sectors all the games I downloaded from here are in order and fully working. Thanks for all your input guys!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That is brilliant really happy for you.
    Now you can enjoy all the games without have to swap them every time and without worry of corrupt data due to bad sectors.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]