Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Luck with Pro Adapters

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Bad Luck with Pro Adapters

Hey Guys

I unfortunately have had the bad luck of going through 2 cr500 pro adapters, one ms pro duo adapter and a kingston official psp duo adapter. The issue I have had with all of these is I'll be able to stick one or two games on my micro sd card via the psp and the next games I try and put on come up as corrupted data. I know all the games work individually as I reformat the adapter and put the games on that come up as corrupted data work and the games that worked previously then show up as corrupted data.

I know how to stick games on the psp fine the path is fine what I'd like to know is what duo adapter have you guys got that stores all of your games as I am having no such luck with the ones I am buying or am I missing something fundamentally obvious that is why these games are showing up as corrupted data because I've been through 4 adapters now and I'm still having the same problem.

Thanks in advance guys!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I just use a dirt cheap Chinese adaptor I got off ebay. I've only got about 6 or so games on it atm, but I'm using 2x16GB SanDisk micro SDHC cards (class 4).
    Haven't had any issues but I haven't had a psp very long and haven't tried heaps of games.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 17th-June-2014 at 17:17.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the advice but which adapter was it could you post a link for me please as I tried 4 and I've just about given up on it all.

Thanks
    EP Points

I can't even remember who the seller was now and I don't have an ebay account myself, I get someone else to buy stuff for me.
    It's just the white generic dual adaptor (2 micro SDHC slots) that's really cheap. Like $1.60 (Australian) or something like that

I got it from China or Hong Kong.

All it has on it is:
    MS Pro Duo
    Dual Slot Adapter
    Micro SDHC

The 2 slots are numbered, and there's a serial number on the back (which isn't really relevant).
    It's white.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 17th-June-2014 at 19:29.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What firmware is your PSP currently on?

P.S. sounds like DL has the same adaptor card as you anyway the CR-5400 at a guess you just made a typo, same one I have also that is just a cheap clone of the Photofast CR-5400

Most CR-5400 and generic ones are all the same card

Best to copy direct via the PSP itself through USB rather than using an adaptor to connect to a MSProDuo reader
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-June-2014 at 19:29.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah mine's just the cheap generic one

What kind of memory cards are you using? That can sometimes make a difference, like if they're cheap brand name cards or maybe SanDisk fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Best to copy direct via the PSP itself through USB rather than using an adaptor to connect to a MSProDuo reader
    I haven't had any issues using the adaptor card with a card reader, but maybe I'm just lucky
    Last edited by deadlegion; 17th-June-2014 at 19:34.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm running pro cfw 6.60 c3 fix I tried a sandisk micro sd card and still have the same problem I'm currently using an unbranded 32 gb class 10 card now in the kingston micro sd to ms pro duo.
    First I couldn't get mgs portable ops to work, now I have and the rest of the games after loading them to the psp show up as corrupted data. This is a downer as I'm willing to spend a bit more money for reliability :-(

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's an old rule so maybe no longer applies for faster cards like class (4) instead of the original Memstick Pro Duo cards

I use class (10) myself and have used 30GB of the total of 58GB and everything still works fine (thats 2 32GB MicroSD's a bit of a con as they are not that close to 32GB or x2 64GB, more like 29GB per card)

My PSP is a 2k model (2002 to be exact) on 6.60 Pro C (Fix 3) [Fix 3 just so I can play my PSone Classic games as C2 broke that]

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kripz View Post
    I'm running pro cfw 6.60 c3 fix I tried a sandisk micro sd card and still have the same problem I'm currently using an unbranded 32 gb class 10 card now in the kingston micro sd to ms pro duo.
    First I couldn't get mgs portable ops to work, now I have and the rest of the games after loading them to the psp show up as corrupted data. This is a downer as I'm willing to spend a bit more money for reliability :-(
    I'm using non-perm 6.60 PRO-C fix 3 on an E1002 (aka Street).
    Both my micro SDHC cards are the same: 16GB SanDisk class 4 = 32GB.
    I think I paid around $16 for the two of them total

I did have one game that showed up as corrupt data, but I got that as a torrent and have since replaced it with a working copy I found somewhere else (probably from the main EP site, I can't remember).

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kripz View Post
    This could be the adaptor very much so it's a very hit missy thing, that has nothing to do with the make or version but just good a bad batches made so you could buy another one the exact same and it will work but buy another one the same it might not, alot of good rated sellers are willing to send you a replacement though

Do you have this issue with other proper MS Pro Duo cards? not saying they have to be sony ones or just the adaptor?

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

What do you mean by proper Zorlon? Is there sony adapters I can buy? I've had 2 cr 5400, I had a ms pro duo unbranded and currently using a kingston ms pro duo and the problem has occurred on each of them.

Thanks
    EP Points

Zorlon is asking if you had any issues with MS Pro Duo memory cards. Or is it just the adaptor you have had issues with.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

or could it be that you didn't format the thing properly?

EDIT: or it could be that your PSP didn't detect the adapter at all?

Thanks
    EP Points

I see I haven't tried a Sony adapter I'll get one off eBay they aren't expensive and come back with the results.

The adapters are recognised and I format via the PSP.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You don't want a Sony Adaptor (that will make 0 difference) you want an actual memory stick pro duo sandisk ones are ok, but I only asked about the use of one to rule out an issue with the actual console

But presuming everything is fine as far as format and microSD quality, then try downgrading the PSP to 6.00 OFW, or older, re-install 6.60 OFW then finally install 6.60 CFW

You can try 6.00 CFW if you wish and see if more is recognized on the Micro SD but go back to OFW before updating to make sure it all goes well

Keep the PSP powered by the wall during all of this

Out of interest before doing all that try moving one or more of the corrupt games to the ISO/VIDEO path, boot the PSP press Select go to ISO VIDEO MOUNT press left to select one of the ISO files and press O then go back to Game once it resets itself and see if it shows a UMD disc as if you had a UMD in the disc drive, you can run games that way (I can't see that working if it is seen as corrupt though)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-June-2014 at 14:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]