Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC to run Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

Thanks

Question

Oh i had no idea that the paste was for the cpu my bad but i think i won't need it they sell special cooling fan for the motherboard that goes on top of the cpu to keep it cool, on the other hand the tower i chose i have no idea what kind of motherboad it would need i can't chose any motherboad for my tower, i think every tower need a specific type of motherboad so the "NZXT Phantom PHAN002GR Steel Performance ATX Full Tower Case" what kind of motherboard would fit in it ?????

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You always need the compound, always.

Uh watch the guide it will answer most your Q's it explains a lot for you.

Played it with sound he gives you alot of info and put into simple terms.

To quickly answer the Q it fits all motherboards, ATX is the bigest size, the vid goes into more detail about that also
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-June-2014 at 16:02.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    You always need the compound, always.

Uh watch the guide it will answer most your Q's it explains a lot for you.

Played it with sound he gives you alot of info and put into simple terms.

To quickly answer the Q it fits all motherboards, ATX is the bigest size, the vid goes into more detail about that also
    I see..... okay so i need to get a atx type motherboard i will remember that thank guys and i watch the video i think i will show it to my brother law because he also a big gaming person he and i can build the ultimate gaming desktop tower ever .

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sorry they are all are ATX now, it is sized under that, like the mini ATX or micro ATX but again in the Video he does go into detail

another words the case will fit all of todays types & sized of motherboard

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Sorry they are all are ATX now, it is sized under that, like the mini ATX or micro ATX but again in the Video he does go into detail

another words the case will fit all of todays types & sized of motherboard
    Oh i did not no that they where all ATX okay now i have a big screen tv (for my monitor), three keyboard, a mouse, a xbox360 controller, and a gravis gamepad pro controller so i have all that i need for my new gaming tower but one thing i am wondering my big screen has a pc port on the back of it and i am want to no if my gaming desktop can work with my big screen (i hope it can ??) ?????

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by adam4landry View Post
    i am wondering my big screen has a pc port on the back of it and i am want to no if my gaming desktop can work with my big screen (i hope it can ??) ?????
    This will depend on what kind of ports your TV has. If it has VGA (same kind of plug you use for a regular monitor), make sure the video card you get has two of those ports. If your TV supports HDMI then I would highly recommend getting a card that supports that; it transfers both sound and video through one cable and has been a more reliable method for me.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    This will depend on what kind of ports your TV has. If it has VGA (same kind of plug you use for a regular monitor), make sure the video card you get has two of those ports. If your TV supports HDMI then I would highly recommend getting a card that supports that; it transfers both sound and video through one cable and has been a more reliable method for me.
    HDMI so that why i don't hear any sound from my tv when i plug my laptop in. As a matter a fact i have both vga and hdmi support so i think i should be good but what is this card i need to make the hdmi work ?????

Thanks
    EP Points

Any video card with an HDMI port should work fine. I don't know any that come with that off the top of my head, but it should say so in the product description.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Any video card with an HDMI port should work fine. I don't know any that come with that off the top of my head, but it should say so in the product description.
    Okay what i ment to say is what does this card look like ?????

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by adam4landry View Post
    Okay what i ment to say is what does this card look like ?????
    Well, video cards can vary quite a bit in size & shape, but here's an example;

So something like that, only you'll want one with an HDMI port that looks like this;

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Watch the vid HDMI features on the cards in the vid he does cover just about everything for you.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Okay i started a list of computer parts i would need so far in my list i have the game tower (i already chose that one) motherboard (i going with a micro atx intel motherboard it less expensive) cpu cooling fan, the cpu it self, ram, power supply, internal hard drive, and the graphic card i have no idea if i left out anything is there any other items i need. Oh and i have a question about the graphic card i going to need i going with a geforce but i want to no what type of geforce i going to need here a list of games i like to play on my pc from steam: Resident evil 5, Resident evil revelation, Resident evil 6, South park the stick of truth, mortal kombat Kompleted Edition, Devil may cry 4, Dmc Devil may cry, Skullgirls, Transformers fall of cybertron, Street fighter x tekken and Super Street fighter IV arcade edition now like i said i have no idea what type of geforce graphic card i going to need to play them any suggestion ????

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Missing..???

Keyboard, Mouse (Presume your going to use your TV for a monitor but you may need some extra video leads to do that)
    Blueray or DVD drive/burner plus some blank media to play with
    USB Joypad or USB joypad converter (I like to use a couple of PS2 to USB converters but then again I have a bunch of PSX and PS2 controllers I can use) you may even want an Arcade stick for games like Street Fighter ect, X-Arcade do some nice ones but they are far from cheap

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Missing..???

Keyboard, Mouse (Presume your going to use your TV for a monitor but you may need some extra video leads to do that)
    Blueray or DVD drive/burner plus some blank media to play with
    USB Joypad or USB joypad converter (I like to use a couple of PS2 to USB converters but then again I have a bunch of PSX and PS2 controllers I can use) you may even want an Arcade stick for games like Street Fighter ect, X-Arcade do some nice ones but they are far from cheap
    Look at post number 21 i already mention that i have Keyboards, Mouse, and controllers as for the dvd drive burner i can use the one that was on my old desktop computer. Anything else ????

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Shame no bluray but guess there is no rush for that you can always do that later, but please be aware that new mother boards tend not to support IDE drives any more and only support Serial ATA (SATA) that uses different connections so that old DVD drive may not work with it

Is the Gravis pad USB? the last I admit it was very very old... anyway the last Gravis Game Pad Pro I used, used the olde serial game port, that PC's no longer have, sticking with USB now

I presume the keyboard and mouse still work and use either PS/2 ports or USB, some boards don't have PS/2 either so can only use USB mind.

It depends how old your old desktop was

The first PC I had was a 7086 (pre 286 if you are wondering, if you know what a 286 was even) that I can guarantee nothing from that would work on today's machines but that was one of the first IBM machines

The following image shows IDE on the top and SATA under it, it is shown on a HDD but CD/DVD/BD drives are the same

almost forgot but you will need to buy an OS for that machine
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-June-2014 at 20:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]