Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC to run Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

Thanks

Question PC to run Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

Hi everyone i would like some info please i just downloaded a new game for my laptop "Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition" now here the problem the game does not want to play it say that my graphic card is not compatible to play it hmmmmmm..... this is so fustrating anyway the way this looks i need a better graphic card for my laptop to play this game so i did some research, what i read installing a new graphic card for a laptop is not recommanded so i came accross something interesting there are some usb graphic cards i was wondering if that would be better any thought ??????

Please help

Thanks
    EP Points

I've heard of external GPUs that use a laptops expansion slot, none going straight through USB though. Might perform better than whatever built-in video chipset your laptop has, no idea if it'd be capable of running what you're trying to play though. Maybe see if you can find this external video card you're talking about and post a link?
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Your out of luck you need a new machine to play the game.

If you want to find out what your GPU is though and the rest of your Laptops stats simply follow the simple instruction under this

1. Press the Windows Key located on the lower left of your keyboard
    2. Type in dxdiag in the text box that shows then hit Enter (the text box is the lowest entry in the menu that pops up)
    3. Wait for DirectX Diagnostic Tool to show, it can take a few seconds
    4. The first screen shows your Processor (CPU - Central Processing Unit), Memory (RAM - Randomly Accessed Memory) and other general info
    5. Tap on the Display Tab to get info on your Chip Type (GPU - Graphics Processing Unit) and other graphics chip set info

EDIT:- I removed the junk posts.

It is possible to fake what your GPU is, but it will not help you to be honest if the GPU does not have the features required faking that will make the GPU run even slower that it currently does and it is very likely that your GPU is way under powered to start with
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-June-2014 at 07:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Your out of luck you need a new machine to play the game.

If you want to find out what your GPU is though and the rest of your Laptops stats simply follow the simple instruction under this

1. Press the Windows Key located on the lower left of your keyboard
    2. Type in dxdiag in the text box that shows then hit Enter (the text box is the lowest entry in the menu that pops up)
    3. Wait for DirectX Diagnostic Tool to show, it can take a few seconds
    4. The first screen shows your Processor (CPU - Central Processing Unit), Memory (RAM - Randomly Accessed Memory) and other general info
    5. Tap on the Display Tab to get info on your Chip Type (GPU - Graphics Processing Unit) and other graphics chip set info

EDIT:- I removed the junk posts.

It is possible to fake what your GPU is, but it will not help you to be honest if the GPU does not have the features required faking that will make the GPU run even slower that it currently does and it is very likely that your GPU is way under powered to start with

I thought this would the case i may need i think a "gaming destop" to play all games i have from steam but holy cow some of this "gaming destop" are super pricy i did find one that is around say $599 at staples i don't no if this "gaming destop" are recommended ????

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah same for me, but at least I have a few consoles to keep me going

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yeah same for me, but at least I have a few consoles to keep me going
    Same here i just spoke to my brother in law he said the same thing as you did and he will have to look at the games i play and that i want to buy to see what kind of gaming desktop he would recommend to me because he has one himself.

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    I've heard of external GPUs that use a laptops expansion slot, none going straight through USB though. Might perform better than whatever built-in video chipset your laptop has, no idea if it'd be capable of running what you're trying to play though. Maybe see if you can find this external video card you're talking about and post a link?
    Okay this is what i was talking about http://usbgraphicscard.net/ but i have no idea if this can help at all.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 11th-June-2014 at 10:03. Reason: posts merged

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well from that site there are 2 types
    one just lets you hook it up to an external display and are common, they do not improve performance at all if anything they may even lag or just slow the machine down using it.
    the other type, that personally I have never seen, but one of those can improve performance but costs are not cheap according to the site. (the cost is expected)

reading more about USB solutions though informs me that they do not produce much of a boost, not unless you have a laptop expansion slot (most don't now) or a docking port (PCI Express 2.0) that proves more speed compared with USB 2.0 that is rather slow compared to what is needed for clean graphics processing

It would still be more cost effective to get a new desktop rig that can at least be upgraded from time to time, something that I want to do myself at some point

Docking stations such as http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/XG_Station/ should give a good boost again not price effective and only works with:-
    Compatible model list:
    Asus models
    W5F, W6F, U5F, U1E, F3SA, F3SV, U6S, R1E, U3F, Lamborghini

Not many Laptops/Netbooks have PCI Express, most just have USB that can be used for external devices
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-June-2014 at 17:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Question

Well from that site there are 2 types
    one just lets you hook it up to an external display and are common, they do not improve performance at all if anything they may even lag or just slow the machine down using it.
    the other type, that personally I have never seen, but one of those can improve performance but costs are not cheap according to the site. (the cost is expected)

reading more about USB solutions though informs me that they do not produce much of a boost, not unless you have a laptop expansion slot (most don't now) or a docking port (PCI Express 2.0) that proves more speed compared with USB 2.0 that is rather slow compared to what is needed for clean graphics processing

It would still be more cost effective to get a new desktop rig that can at least be upgraded from time to time, something that I want to do myself at some point

Docking stations such as http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/XG_Station/ should give a good boost again not price effective and only works with:-
    Compatible model list:
    Asus models
    W5F, W6F, U5F, U1E, F3SA, F3SV, U6S, R1E, U3F, Lamborghini

Not many Laptops/Netbooks have PCI Express, most just have USB that can be used for external devices
    Okay but the way it look i have two option one i get a desktop rig like you suggest and upgrade that the way i want or two i build a gaming desktop by scratch by getting some parts that are recommended to play my games i have no idea witch would be better ?????

Thanks
    EP Points

It's almost always cheaper to build your own from parts, and it's really not that hard to do; I compare it to slightly advanced legos. If possible I would recommend this, though a recent-ish (2-3 years old) desktop with a video card purchased separately would be decently cheap as well. If you aren't playing games more advanced than the MK one you're trying I would recommend something like this; http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-8.../dp/B000KFWFHG
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    It's almost always cheaper to build your own from parts, and it's really not that hard to do; I compare it to slightly advanced legos. If possible I would recommend this, though a recent-ish (2-3 years old) desktop with a video card purchased separately would be decently cheap as well. If you aren't playing games more advanced than the MK one you're trying I would recommend something like this; http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-8.../dp/B000KFWFHG
    I think so too... I gave it some serious thought i will go a head and build my own i way lot cheaper i did a lot of research on this and i search for the best gaming desktop holy cow they cost around 2000 to 3000 dollars not to mention how much it would cost in shipping. Anyway i fond a green gaming desktop tower (oh i love green ) i fond it on ebay it a "NZXT Phantom PHAN002GR Steel Performance ATX Full Tower Case" i read it one of the top 5 best gaming towers ever but i have no idea if that truth ????

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do be careful when installing the CPU though and Fan ect, youtube if you want a few vids on how to install those correctly including how paste to use and best ways to apply it

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Question

Do be careful when installing the CPU though and Fan ect, youtube if you want a few vids on how to install those correctly including how paste to use and best ways to apply it
    I no that there are youtube video out there that show me on how to put them together but i never seen anyone pasting anything on a computer before i think they are all screws i think ?????

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by adam4landry View Post
    I no that there are youtube video out there that show me on how to put them together but i never seen anyone pasting anything on a computer before i think they are all screws i think ?????
    That made me lol

Thermal paste is used between the CPU and heat sync/fan, some do come with paste already applied to the heat sync though, but still best to use your own

Do CPU's screw in now, they tend to just drop in place, a clamp is then locked, then you clip the sync on top

CPU's as far as I know have never been fitted with screws
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-June-2014 at 14:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by adam4landry View Post
    "NZXT Phantom PHAN002GR Steel Performance ATX Full Tower Case" i read it one of the top 5 best gaming towers ever but i have no idea if that truth ????
    All that really matters case wise (especially if you're on a budget) is that all of your parts will fit in it.

i think they are all screws i think ?????
    Normally the only parts that are screwed in place are the motherboard to the case, and disk drives in racks; almost everything else just snaps/plugs into place.

Speaking of "be careful with that cpu", they have about a thousand tiny pins that plug into place, so you need to make sure you get it on straight the first time. Bent pins usually mean the whole thing is useless ;/

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have not listened to that just watched a couple of the install demo's (no sound) and seems to be a good accurate guide from what I have seen

Your case may be totally different but it should give you a good idea

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]