Thread: The X-Files won't work right

Thanks

Default The X-Files won't work right

I am having some problems with The X-Files...it will come on just fine but when I start a new game it doesn't something weird. the start menu is still behind it when the actually game starts...if that that makes any sense..like I said its weird and hard to describe....is there a certain setting I have to use to play this game or what. like change to openGL or whatever. please help me someone!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The X-Files works fine the last time I tested it on ePSXe, the only possible issue in opengl2 is when you have to save that you have to press f7 to eneble the software mode.
    You can check the configuration in the PSX Datacenter:
    http://psxdatacenter.com/games/U/T/SLUS-00915.html

Thanks

ok that configuration is way different then mine lol ill try it and see if it works...I also had to get mine from coolroms.....the ones on emuparadise aren't in bin forum there so other weird format and couldn't get it to work...and the mounted ones well I mounted them and the didn't play they came up as music cds though
    Last edited by ChibiFan7; 4th-June-2014 at 15:32.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

read my ecm & ape guide on how to get the ones from here working with ePSXe without mounting anything

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

its ok now I give up...the configuration on the page gladiator did help me and the game played nicely but sadly it won't help with the bigger issue. X-files is a 4 disc game...1.70 won't change discs. I tried this same configuration using the 1.60 but when I click on save or load...it freezes up or something. I could always technically play it using save states but...its just no fun if the whole thing doesn't work...unless 1.80 has solved the disc changing problems...im just going to give up. when I try mounting something...it doesn't matter if I have the right plugin or not when I click to run the CDROM the emulator just closes out...and I know I have the right plugin and when I tried to configure it always freezes up and says its stopped working....

thank you guys so much gladiator and zorlon..but I need to just go ahead and give up...before I get to frustrated and decide to put my fist through the wall...again

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's why I put in ePSXe v170 as the cdrom plugin P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4.

Try in ePSXe v180 and ePSXe v190 since those versions already fixed the changing disc issue. But I didn't test the game in those versions.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sorry should of closed this it was answered via visitors message :/

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR