Thread: TurboGrafx CD games.

Thanks

Default TurboGrafx CD games.

How do I get my Magic Engine emulator to play TurboGrafx CD games?

Thanks
    EP Points

You'll need a program such as Daemon tools or Alcohol soft in order to mount the CD image. Then it should work with no problem.

I've found Alcohol to be the better program for this, as I've had troubles with DT actually being recognized through Magic Engine. Also, make sure your System Card is up to date as well - If you downloaded the emulator from here it should have everything packed in.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    You'll need a program such as Daemon tools or Alcohol soft in order to mount the CD image. Then it should work with no problem.

I've found Alcohol to be the better program for this, as I've had troubles with DT actually being recognized through Magic Engine. Also, make sure your System Card is up to date as well - If you downloaded the emulator from here it should have everything packed in.
    Sounds like you forgot to set the drive as a SCSI or forgot to install the SPTD drivers both are a common mistake, the standard DT drive can't be used as it can't be seen by emulators so it needs to be set as a SCSI drive, if you don't install the SPTD drivers the default drive is a DT drive not a SCSI drive

DAEMON Tools Lite

1. Download DAEMON Tools Lite and install it
    2. (you may need to reset for this software during the install but the software will tell you if you need to do this)
    3. During the install you are asked to install 3rd party software (say no to this) you will also be asked to install SPTD drivers these are required so say yes
    4. Once fully installed there should be a small icon on the right of your task bar a round icon with a single lightning bolt going through it, (it may be hidden so check the hidden items on the lower right) if not run it manually the first time
    5. Right click on the Daemon Tools Lite icon on the task bar and move your mouse to Virtual CD/DVD-ROM
    6. Now move the mouse again to Device 0: [Drive letter] No Media, move the mouse once more to Mount Image and left click on it.
    7. Now find the folder you have extracted/created/converted the CD image in and select the cue or ccd file and click on Open

The PCE.ini file also needs to be edited to look at the correct drive number (the number of drives 1 = the first drive), if this does not exist the run PCE.exe first once that should automatically create the ini file, make sure PCE.exe is not running before you make any changes to the PCE.ini file

The example in the code I have 3 CD drives and the 3rd one in the list in My Computer is the Daemon Tools Lite SCSI drive

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. The rest of the CD-Rom info can be left blank unless you are using XP or under then you want to leave the CD-ROM drive bit blank and edit the CD-ROM drive letter instead that is after the CD-ROM drive bit, CD-ROM driver for XP would also be 2 ASPI drivers that are used with XP and under.

There is also a short video guide on how to set up a SCSI drive with Daemon Tools lite, that users will find handy if they missed out installing SPTD drivers to start with

Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-March-2014 at 08:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you. I find this info very useful.
    Twenty Minutes Into The Future