Thread: Xenogears - Emulator (PC) vs PSP

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Xenogears - Emulator (PC) vs PSP

Perhaps a strage of a question, but right now i am considering playing Xenogears on my PSP, for the first time. Many consider this to be the best JRPG ever, so i am thinking about playing this on my PC via emulator instead. It`s not about compatibility, but i want to have the right experience and i don`t know if the small screen can deliver this epic feel it is supposed to have. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, obviously the PC emulators can up-scale the PS1 graphics rather nicely, so if you want to have the best experience, I would suggest playing the game on ePSXe with enhanced graphics. As far as I know, Xenogears runs smooth on ePSXe, but you might need to fiddle around for a bit. I suggest looking for configuration settings on the PSX Data Center, they have one for a vast amount of PS1/2 games by now.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That is a no brainer to be honest.

I would even go as far as to say, play this on a TV set with a controller, either a real PSX/PS2 pad via a converter or a clone controller at the very least

Personally I would be using my Xbox to play this that I have a PSX/PS2 to Xbox controller converter and use a PS2 pad with or even through my laptop but with that hooked up to my TV again I have a PSX/PS2 pad to USB converter (they are stupidly cheap to get if you happen to have any PSX or PS2 controllers to start with).

P.S. a really really very good RPG is Suikoden & it's follow on Suikoden II (even uses save data from the previous game, only worth using it have a full collections of characters from the previous game), Grandia is also a nice fun game, just a couple of games outside the squaresoft games.

If you want something totally different then Parasite Eve is a great RPG/Survival Horror game (shame the second one is a classic Survival Horror, still good but you do miss the RPGness) they happen to be Squaresoft games

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR