Thread: Question about the wii remote

Thanks

Question Question about the wii remote

Hi everyone i have a weird question for you guys, recently i play resident evil 5 on my laptop using a gravis gamepad pro controller (a old version of it) well have no trouble with movement aiming a gun and doing puzzles, but when it come to using the sniper mode on some gun well it very hard to zoom in on a enemies. If i had a better controller that kinda look like a ps3 controller i may not have this problem with sniper mode anymore anyway here my question i heard that there a trick to use a wii remote on a computer and use it like a mouse i would like to no how what i need to do this trick ????

Also i want to no if this trick works can i plug the classic controller on the wii remote and play my resident evil 5 with my classic controller with it ????

Ps: Sorry if i put this topic in the wrong place.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will move it in a bit this section is really just for real console users so can go into Everything Emulation in the Arcade, Misc & PC Games section though I can clearly see that you have atleast tried to find the section for this and this kind of subject can be a little confusing

Personally I use a PS2 pad on my computer via a cheapo PSX/PS2 to USB converter also known as a PS2 to PS3 converter (Last one I got was only apx. £3)

A Wii-Mote Plus a classic controller should work (Blue Tooth required [Most machines don't have this]) but last time I looked at the custom drivers, they had not been that stable and loss of connection happened a lot (that is something they may have fixed since I last looked mind)

A PS3 controller can have the same sorts of issues plus more, something I tried more recently and uses similar software

I have had much better luck with wired pads.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Question

Hmmmm..... Okay well i did some research and you are right about the issues, so i ask this question some where else someone mention the best controller to play my games on my laptop is a xbox 360 controller (wired of course) that is what they recommended i use and all i need is a driver (it some kind of program) to make it work they said i can download this driver on a microsoft web however i am kind confuse i did some more research and some say i need a driver to make the xbox 360 controller and other say i don't need any i am very confuse about this.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I actually do not recommend that either due to the lower triggers not working at the same time because they use the same slider, another words the triggers work fine if only one is pressed but pressing them at the same time does not work

As it happens you do not need a driver at all unless you are using an older version of windows the 360 wired pad is just a HID device and windows has HID drivers built into it to start with, the only thing you require a driver for is the rumble feature

If you already have a wired 360 pad then yes use that for now, but it will over all be cheaper and work better just to get a PSX/PS2 pad to USB converter and either a Dual Shock PSX Pad or a PS2 pad, either pad will work as good as the other on a PC

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I actually do not recommend that either due to the lower triggers not working at the same time because they use the same slider, another words the triggers work fine if only one is pressed but pressing them at the same time does not work

As it happens you do not need a driver at all unless you are using an older version of windows the 360 wired pad is just a HID device and windows has HID drivers built into it to start with, the only thing you require a driver for is the rumble feature

If you already have a wired 360 pad then yes use that for now, but it will over all be cheaper and work better just to get a PSX/PS2 pad to USB converter and either a Dual Shock PSX Pad or a PS2 pad, either pad will work as good as the other on a PC
    Hmmm..... well i do have both psx/ps2 controller this usb converter thing is it by any chance some kind of adapter ???? If it is i can say that i can use something like that but where in god name do you get some thing like that ????

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yup like I said it is known both as a PS2 to PS3 converter and a PSX/PS2 to USB converter both being the same item

something like

or like

Both of those work both with no drivers required, unless your on older versions of windows Vista up over should have the drivers already, not sure about XP though, anything older yeah you need drivers regardless

I got the top imaged one from Amazon and the lower imaged one from a local store back in the day that local stores sold stuff like that, though have seen them sold on Amazon and ebay

There are tons of these though not even sure if the top imaged one is the exact same as what I have as there are tons of those now, I believe there are clones of the lower one now also
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-April-2014 at 18:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]