Thread: ePSXe won't launch with automatic analog support enabled

Thanks

Thumbs up ePSXe won't launch with automatic analog support enabled

I have scourered the internet and haven't had much success so I took it upon myself to make an account here just to discuss this specific necessity that I require in a massive steambox/xbmc setup I'm fabricating for my girlfriend and I. I did what was discussed in this thread: http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/...nalog-auto-on/

Which lead me to success with ePSXe 1.7 earlier tonight. However, I discovered ePSXe 1.9 exists so I installed that. Put in the commands in shortcut properties, no luck. Reinstalled ePSXe 1.7, made another copy of 1.9, bunch of other trial and errors all of which ended with me being frustrated and having to come here. I want to make ePSXe launch with analog support for games that have it. Simple as that really. If anyone can tell me how to create an exit command for ePSXe as well that would be lovely but that's my last priority with ePSXe as of right now. The internet needs a solution to this because I know I'm not the only one in this boat, so let's help benefit fellow enthusiasts who venture to unknown forums through Google such as myself. Thanks to all in advance.

If anyone's curious about my setup it follows this route:

Steam Big Picture Mode [accessed from wiimote, DS3 controller 1 or 2, or Galaxy remote all available on the couch] > xbmc shortcut > movie, tv, music, game library with games being in Rom Collection Browser > Consoles available: Dreamcast [nulldc], N64 [P64], PS1 [ePSXe], PS2 [pcsx2], Sega CD/Genesis/Megadrive [kegafusion], NES [nestopia], SNES [zsnes], Wii/GC [dolphin], MAME

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1.8 and 1.9 have auto detect analog on to start with so don't add anything to the shortcut (I was sure 1.7 also did, 1.6 and older use very different cores though)

None analog games will not have analog on and the games that support analog should have it enabled automatically

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

This isn't happening for me. I boot games up and I have to manually press F5. Also, this: http://forums.motioninjoy.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1739 isn't working in epsxe. It was in 1.7 in Sled Storm, then I tried it again in ePSXe 1.9 and no vibration.

Just restarted my pc and still no analog support nor vibration.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-April-2014 at 19:16.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wouldn't know for motion joy I only done some small tests with that and found it was too unstable to consider using so I stuck with a SX/PS2 pad to USB converter

The only thing I can thin k of is to clear all the ePSXe settings in the reg, ePSXe 1.7 through to 1.9 all use the same settings, so anything that was messed up in 1.7 will take effect in 1.9 also

also note that you do need to have analog and vibration set up in the emu as well as the drivers to enable that

P.S. for the exit effort if you are closing ePSXe while it is not on the gui it will still be running but you can enable the logs that even if you close it will still have a log window open that if close will fully close the emulator

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yeah I do, I recently tested out analog and vibration in Project64 and it works flawlessly. I cleared out the reg files for ePSXe and ePSXecutor, reconfigured ePSXe to DualShock with proper button layout and still no vibration nor analog support.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

and your not using any shortcut commands?

as you are using ePSXecutor you can also try using a different pad plugin see if that helps at all

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

No shortcut commands, nothing. Just straight up ePSXe 1.9

Vibration now works. No analog support in Sled Storm or Metal Gear Solid, but in Ape Escape there's analog.

Analog works in Crash Team Racing but that's it so far.

Maybe I wasn't too specific, but I pretty much want to make my ePSXe launch with auto F5 so I have analog support.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-April-2014 at 20:50.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do not multi post, please use Edit Post instead located at the lower right of your posts

As for your Q it normally does auto detect if the game uses analog and default with analog on for those games that support both analog and digital and start with digtal only for digital only games, it only seems to be party working for you as Ape Escape is one of the few Analog only games, i.e. it can't be played with a digital only pad

You can try the -analog command line option again though now that you have cleared the reg entries, if that does not work then you are out of luck

Myself I think the hacked version is 1.8.0 is by far the best version of ePSXe to date anyway, see http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?88659 for more information on that

I can't test this on my end though analog just works automatically for me anyway, I just configured the Dual Shock config
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-April-2014 at 21:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

So I tried 1.8 ePSXe with and without the Shark material and ePSXe 1.7 with and without Shark, as well for all with and without -analog and deleting the registry each time. No luck, analog still off. It works in the games I have mentioned before, but there's no auto F5 happening.

So what I want to do now is just command my Select and Start buttons when pressed at once to 'press' F5 or at least have that combination be an exit command. How would I go about this when my controller is using xinput?
    Last edited by djm1319; 3rd-April-2014 at 00:50.