Thread: jak and daxter psp (ppsspp emulation)

Thanks

Default jak and daxter psp (ppsspp emulation)

I need some help everytime I try to run jak and daxter the lost frontier it goes ppsspp has stopped working how do I fix this or is the rom broken?

Thanks
    EP Points

Which PPSSPP version? and pc specs? US or EU?

It was a known issue (for US version specifically), and the game still considered as In-game though one user managed to bypass the freeze point using Linux build.
    Others suggest switching to different rendering mode, except non-buffer which may fix the problem. Try it.
    http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3642

If nothing works, try the latest svn build instead.
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Which PPSSPP version? and pc specs? US or EU?

It was a known issue (for US version specifically), and the game still considered as In-game though one user managed to bypass the freeze point using Linux build.
    Others suggest switching to different rendering mode, except non-buffer which may fix the problem. Try it.
    http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3642

If nothing works, try the latest svn build instead.
    well if the us version was the only one that had that problem then why is the Europe version having a problem so what program should I use to fix it or should I use what the other guy used linux build?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mgs209 View Post
    well if the us version was the only one that had that problem then why is the Europe version having a problem so what program should I use to fix it or should I use what the other guy used linux build?
    Meganova was just after information so he could help you, if you provide the info then he may be able to help, but so far you are not providing enough information for him or anyone else to help you

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    What to post when asking for help!

It's extremely annoying when people post asking for help, but they've only posted "It crashes". Please, if you're asking for help then be as thorough as you can so we can help diagnose your problem as quickly as possible.

Things you should post when asking for help:

Hardware
    If you don't know how to find out any of the information below then just go to start>search>dxdiag and hit enter (Windows 7 and Vista). If you're running Windows XP go to start>run>dxdiag.exe and hit enter. Show/Tell us what it says on the screen that opens, on both the system and display tabs.
    Spoiler warning:

CPU.
    Spoiler warning:

It's important to mention what make/model as well as how many GHz it runs at, as well as how many cores it has.

Graphics card.
    Spoiler warning:

Please make sure to tell us what model your video card is, whether it be an onboard chipset or a GTX295.

RAM.
    Spoiler warning:

Be as specific as you can when posting information about your RAM, try and state how many MB/GB and whether it's SD/DDR/DDR2/DDR3.

Operating system.
    Spoiler warning:

Please mention which operating system you're using, whether it's Windows XP or Windows 7, etc. It's also important to mention whether you're using x86 (32bit) or x64 (64bit) operating system.

Emulation
    Spoiler warning:

Which emulator you're using.
    Spoiler warning:

There are lots of emulators out there, please try and be as specific as possible.

Which version of the emulator you're using.
    Spoiler warning:

There are usually lots of versions of an emulator, so please be specific as to which version you're using.

Which plugins you're using.
    Spoiler warning:

Please post your plugin configurations along with this information.

Have you tried an alternative ISO/ROM of the same game?
    Spoiler warning:

It's possible it was a corrupt download or a bad copy of the game, it's always worth re-downloading another copy before asking for help if possible.

Or have you tried any other emulators?
    Spoiler warning:

Some emulators have better compatibility than others, it's always worth trying another emulator or at least checking a compatibility list for the emulator you're using before asking for help.

Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-March-2014 at 12:09.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mgs209 View Post
    I didn't say the problem will only affect the US version, it could happen on EU version as well.

Have you tried what the other people suggested, by changing the Rendering Mode? (press the F5 button after loading the game)
    You can try the Linux build if you have the OS, but if not, try the latest svn build from PPSSPP's download page.

Wait for further update of the emulator if the problem persist, since the game status is still in-game after all.
    Last edited by meganova; 9th-March-2014 at 14:26.
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    I didn't say the problem will only affect the US version, it could as well happen on EU version as well.

Have you tried what the other people suggested, by changing the Rendering Mode? (press the F5 button after loading the game)
    You can try the Linux build if you have the OS, but if not, try the latest svn build from PPSSPP's download page.

Wait for further update of the emulator if the problem persist, since the game status is still in-game after all.
    thank you for the help about pressing f5 that helped alot your the best