Thread: Please Reply: Can I softmod my GameCube with only an SD Gecko?

Thanks

Question Please Reply: Can I softmod my GameCube with only an SD Gecko?

Hello,

I am new to these forums and new to hacking Nintendo consoles really but I'm a little confused... I bought a Wii Key SD Adapter for £3.48 on Amazon on Tuesday and it came today (Saturday) and I thought I knew what I was doing until I got it and just instantly got confused . I have been looking online for almost 4 hours now and found that I couldn't do anything with my SD Gecko because I need a "WiiKey Fusion" I know what a WiiKey Fusion is but I don't really want to be soldering wires together and all that stuff because my GameCube is a Limited Edition version (apparently they are really rare nowadays ) and I don't really want to open the thing up so yeah, if anybody please can tell me if I can just put some softmod onto a 8cm disc and stick it into the GameCube or something I don't know give me anything including a tutorial since I'm kinda new to this console modding sort of thing . If I do need a WiiKey Fusion, I will save up for one and get one because I gotta do what I gotta do lol.

Any kind of help will do

Thanks
    Last edited by DoctorHerobrine1; 8th-March-2014 at 21:04.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Soft mod is done via a few methods some require the BB Adaptor and Phantasy Star Online (I don't know if the Plus version worked or not, the original version does though), it's a long way round but the first method, another method requires the Action Replay, this is a bit complicated but faster that the PSO method and the easiest method requires the Max Drive Pro

The Max Drive pro lets you boot code directly from the special memcard that has a micro USB port on it, using the PC software that comes with it allows you to copy executable data to it, then the GC boot disc allows you to run that code

I don't have time to dig out the exact info but I was sure I posted a couple of guides for this in the guides stuck thread of this section

The SD Geko as far as I know can not boot code on it's own of the above the Action Replay will be the easy one to find now, but I was sure you needed the Phantasy Star Online method to get the data over in the first place along with the BBA hardware, the SD Geko may help there is the data you copy to it can be read by the memcard viewer of the GC
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-March-2014 at 05:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR