Thread: Need some help setting up ePSXe 1.9.0...

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Need some help setting up ePSXe 1.9.0...

EDIT EDIT Never mind! After playing around with plugins and settings, I've got everything running smooth! Could someone close this thread please?

EDIT I did take a look at the System Guide that is stickied, however I still drop some frames and have lag during play. I notice it mostly when I miss a button in Um Jammer Lammy.

Okay. So it has been over a decade since I last used ePSXe. Today I was listening to the latest Retronauts podcast and they were discussing Parappa the Rapper and Um Jammer Lammy. Instead of dragging out my old PS1 or fat PS2, I thought, hey! Why not load an emulator!? Well, it has been WAY too long since I've messed with PS1 emulation.

My issue is frame drops and stuttering. I want to play the above mentioned games, plus some Final Fantasy Tactics and Parasite Eve over the next couple of weeks.

I have the BIOS file, emulator and all of the plugins I could find online. Below are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM @ 2.30 GHz (QuadCore w/ Hyperthreading)
    RAM: 16 GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
    VRAM: 2 GB GDDR5

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Mumei; 5th-March-2014 at 00:14.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try P.E.O.pS Soft video plugin

If you can get away with it without lagging use the HQ2x stretched or HQ3x stretched for improved visuals

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

you can download epsxe with peops soft driver (like Zorlon said) from our site