Thread: psp cant POWER OFF with snes emulator turned on

Thanks
    EP Points

Default psp cant POWER OFF with snes emulator turned on

so on my psp with any snes emulator i have problem
    that when emulator is ON (no matter if im playing or if im in menu)
    I CAN NOT TURN OFF PSP VIA POWER OFF BUTTON

i can make hard power off but cant make soft soft (hard = slide and hold, soft = just slide)

it happens with all snes emulators on psp

i would be happy if someone can give me solution to my problem

but i would be also happy if someone could check if he/she have same issue with snes emulator on psp

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Moved to Everything Console from Everything Emulation that is for emulating on a PC only (some mac users also post there) all you need to do is emulate SNES directly on your PC not Emulate SNES inside of a PSP emulator for PC, but now it's in the correct section...

The easy way to do this is exit the SNES emu's is via the emulators exit option not the home button option, then you can turn it off as normal (aka standby mode)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-February-2014 at 05:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

its like i ask why i cant set my tv to stand-by mode via remote control button while im watching something on dvd
    and you answer that 1st i should turn off dvd player and than turn off tv

that was most epic answer i ever get, thanks for it Zor before you told my that, my psp was constantly ON cause i did not know i need to 1st exit emu to turn off power

here is my seal of approval for you

but let me ask again maybe that will help you and others

Question 1
    can any 1 know how to fix it ? or even is there a fix to it ?

Question 2
    does any 1 have same problem ? if yes than i would not care to fix it ? cause since it would be not something wrong with my psp
    Last edited by ZeroX4; 28th-February-2014 at 07:45.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope
    Yep

P.S. don't try and be smart especially with your english it just doesn't work, more so if you want help.

No it's not your PSP it's an issue with the emu

As you have not mentioned exact versions or even the firmware you are on I can't really test that out on my PSP, but some versions this was true and you could not use the Home menu Exit software option as it would just sit on that screen forever I seen that while on 5.50 Prome 4 I think I was using not sure if that is still an issue on 6.60 PRO-C2 though

I did do a couple of quick tests though not sure I used the same versions as I did on 5.50 though so these may be different versions of SNES emulators to what I have used in the past

Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 though with my firmware of 6.60 PRO-C2 and if in game it turns the screen black but music still plays, but if you hit the L+R triggers together it goes to sleep mode fine it also works if you are in the menu to start with

Snes9x Euphoria R5 crashes the PSP if you try to use sleep while at the main menu and in-game
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-February-2014 at 08:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 though with my firmware of 6.60 PRO-C2 and if in game it turns the screen black but music still plays, but if you hit the L+R triggers together it goes to sleep mode fine it also works if you are in the menu to start with

Snes9x Euphoria R5 crashes the PSP if you try to use sleep while at the main menu and in-game
    ^ To OP,this is the reason why you can't put the PSP into sleep mode when using snes emulator, on most of them though. There are few unofficial builds that can use the function but with lots of bugs.

Simply put, the function was disabled on snes emulator for system stability, some releases of daedalus also have this function disabled.

Alternatively, you can try using the attached plugin to force the sleep mode, however I do not guarantee crash/freeze will not happen though.

PS: And seriously, please make sure to provide full details of your problem (refer to Zorlon's post and read stickied thread) when asking for help, you can't expect us to give you the solution you need without any of those details.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

@Zorlon
    aw dont be so harsh i was not trying to be smart or making fun of you
    you just answered question i did not make and explained me how to do something im obviously doing
    you should know i love you after you helped me get music on epsxe/pcsx-r and with running mega man x3 (psx version) on psp
    thanx to you all my play station games now have music so for me you are like a doctor who fixed my ears
    so remember you are still mah hero <3

and since i did try many snes emulator versions for psp i assumed it need to be something with my psp with very little possibility of that it could be caused by emulator it self

i did not know version of my frimware can mean anything to the problem i face
    so i assumed that or everyone have that problem or only some ppl with for example same plugins that i have

and yep again captain obvious if you did not tell me i would not know my english sucks

and that "No it's not your PSP it's an issue with the emu" would be more than satisfying answer

@meganova
    i was trying it cause i thought i miss something or have done something wrong if its taken away on purpose from emu than i believe i should leave that way i wont mess with plugins to fix that

@Zorlon
    and like always (this would be 2nd time hahha)
    thanks to your help i leave something in return so

with help of ppl from this site
    http://portableapps.com/

i hope to compile portable version of epsxe and pcsx-r (which would autosave plugins settings)
    and i would upload it only to portable apps and your site but for now i can only do settings import while emulator is loaded and settings export while emulator is closed but lets hope i will get enough help to do 100% portable versions of that 2 emulators

and btw i know what is stick but i dont know what is stickied thread well i know 2 meanings of word thread but you for sure dont mean thread from which you can make cloths so anyway my answer was given im happy thank you for help
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-February-2014 at 16:00.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The top two threads in this section are stuck threads aka stickied threads, it just means that the thread will not move and will always be visable
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-February-2014 at 16:20.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Sounds like I have a slightly different problem since the emulator menu won't come up at all...no options that I can see to turn off.

Loaded game 'Super Inindo' on PSP 3000 6.60ProCfix3 with Snes9 / s9xTYLmecm_mod.
    Froze at intro scene while music kept playing, so i exited via PS button/emulator (GUI?), and started again, this time pressing start right away to skip scene, it worked. Text was not showing in dialogue boxes, so into PS button emulator window and changed the 'accel approx soft' setting.... Text is fine now, noticeable audio slowdown, and PS button does nothing. Can't turn off system normally, unless there's a shortcut.

[EDIT: I had changed the setting to accurate software. There's nothing wrong I'm sure, all I need to do is find manual for the emulator!]
    [EDIT2: Progress. L+R+Start cycles the setting that was changed in the PS menu. PS button works again...turbo off with L+R+Select.
    Okay wonky music is perfect, no problem now.]
    Last edited by Breather; 26th-January-2015 at 12:37. Reason: solved

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Please, Breather, don't revive old threads like this, create your own threads whenever you need help.