Thread: is acekard2i still good for dsi?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default is acekard2i still good for dsi?

i plan on geting a dsi xl and i am wondering if acekard 2i still works? i know they havnt updated in a really long time, but as i dont plan on geting a 3ds for a while, will ak2i work for me?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well seems you will have to go with a Supercard if you want current updates, seems acekard2i will no longer work on newer DS i firmware.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

i was afraid of that. thanks for the update, i just dont want to go with r4i since there are alot of clones.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Supercard is the BEST card, Either grab a SC DSOne i Mini or a SC DSTwo if you want that luxorious card, got both so I know

DSTwo is very well made, DSOne i is good but nothing on the DSTwo but id just get a DSOne i Mini since I doubt you are going to use any of the features that are exclusive to the DSTwo
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

well the gba emulator looks awsome lol better than gpsp thats for sure.

Thanks
    EP Points

I still use the Acekard2i on my DSi but you cannot update to the latest firmware. If you are on a lower firmware and find one for 1$ like I did then it is not a bad investment. I believe Acekard2i works on DSi with firmware 1.4.4 or lower. If you update to the latest firmware then chances are that the Acekard will not work on that system ever again. Since I am the only user of my DSi, I know it will not get updated and the Acekard2i works fine for me. Also to use the Acekard on firmware 1.4.4 it might need to have its firmware updated. This firmware update might need to be run on a lower firmware or on a DSL. I suppose it is a huge pain having the Acekard2i but it does the job for a super cheap price.
    Twenty Minutes Into The Future

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah, i am getting a used dsi xl, so chances are, it will be the last update. ds2 really seems to be the only option as i can also play gba games on it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    yeah, i am getting a used dsi xl, so chances are, it will be the last update. ds2 really seems to be the only option as i can also play gba games on it.
    I also want a DSTwo but I couldn't fit it into my budget. At least this way I cannot be tempted to go online and waste even more money in the DSiWare Store.
    Twenty Minutes Into The Future

Thanks
    EP Points

i want a 3ds but i cant fit them into my budget. plus, i think i will just stick with waiting on handhelds till half the cycle they are out.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It would be nice to compile a list of flash kits that do still work on the DSi most info is for the 3DS only but as we do have support for all consoles here including older ones I think some members will find that handy to have

Might unstick the 3DS one now and just have that linked like every other good guide we have

I don't keep track of the DSi updates so I was not aware that they had blocked the Acekard2i, that was/is a great card, I even thought that it was still working as when it was perm blocked by Nintendo on the 3DS it was still working on the DSi at the time, don't worry I have not been advising anyone to use that kit with a DSi if anything I would admit I am not 100% sure
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-February-2014 at 11:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

AK2I is a famous flash kit,yet,it has stopped update for ages, so if you want buy a card for your dsi,then suggested you buy this one : , uses famous wood firmware,with a quicker updating and 100% game compatibility and the price is hard to beat at the same time.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 1st-April-2014 at 01:45. Reason: Removed link

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by demelza View Post
    AK2I is a famous flash kit,yet,it has stopped update for ages, so if you want buy a card for your dsi,then suggested you buy this one : uses famous wood firmware,with a quicker updating and 100% game compatibility and the price is hard to beat at the same time.
    No web site linking please, if you think the OP will find it good though just send a PM to the OP with the link

There are 2 R4i kits that work on the latest 3DS and the Ace3DS Plus that also does all use Wood but they are just a poor man's flash kit, though plenty of respect for the 3rd party wood team for making the lower end cards work and keeping them updated

The compat is not 100% at all, it's still very high though, but not perfect and some games require pre patching before they can be used or the games will have various issues depending on how the protection works for those games that use protection, that is a lot of the newer games, older games did not use protection though.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-February-2014 at 18:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR