Thread: Softmodded Wii USB Loader not loading games. New at this.. :/

Thanks

Angry Softmodded Wii USB Loader not loading games. New at this.. :/

I'm not sure as to what information to give. I purchased a Wii yesterday and already had two game back ups on my HDD.(Not pirated, don't worry).

Anyway, I partioned my 1TB external HDD and have one partition of it formatted to WBFS. I transferred over Skyward Sword and the New Super Mario Bros and they aren't working! They get stuck, and it says,

"Skyward Sword
    [SOUP01] 4.30GB IOS56

[+]Booting game, please wait..
    IOS(249)....."

Then it freezes. Get's stuck. Won't move past there. I've tried every loader I have, and they do the same thing, or just boot back to the main Wii menu. Any advice, please? Thanks in advance! I'm stuck!

Was told I can't use my 1TB Ext. HDD for both my Wii and PS3, but I'm thinking that can't be the case? Also, my Wii's serial # is - LU71152782.. with it being softmodded, can it play burned discs? That may be my alternative motive for the time being.

I'm really lost. It's all seemingly softmodded and ready to play backups and/or burned discs... I'm anxious to replay Skyward Sword with my girlfriend who's never played it.
    Last edited by DavidM92; 22nd-February-2014 at 23:00.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You've tried every loader, eh? Hmn.

Does your HDD run on an external power-supply? If not, the issue could well be that it's not drawing enough power, in which case you'd need one of those Y plug dealies with the two USB plugs on the end of it. You'll want to have them plugged into both USB ports on your Wii.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    You've tried every loader, eh? Hmn.

Does your HDD run on an external power-supply? If not, the issue could well be that it's not drawing enough power, in which case you'd need one of those Y plug dealies with the two USB plugs on the end of it. You'll want to have them plugged into both USB ports on your Wii.

I got a game to "work" from external HDD. This is what it looks like:

Also, it runs on USB. But I do think it gets plenty of power, I just don't know what the deal is. On the app I used I had to select multiple partitions and it found the game. I haven't tried another game - But I get the feeling it'll do the same thing. It's also black and white, if you can't tell. I don't understand why it would be acting like this, could it be the video cords? Um, it was doing the EXACT same thing with burned DVR+R discs. Neogamma would say the drive is too new, but other apps would run the game and do the above image. Same for Skyward Sword.

Help?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

WBFS format is no longer needed

Try a different game first also Skyward can be a pain to start with

I will go into details later I'm off to work now though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    WBFS format is no longer needed

Try a different game first also Skyward can be a pain to start with

I will go into details later I'm off to work now though

I converted them both to ISO's and it did the same thing. I can't wait to hear back from you with your expertise. I'll try a Wii Sports .WIA file tomorrow after work[going to sleep now].

Side question -- Are you saying the External HDD doesn't need to have a WBFS format partition anymore? Man, my apps must be way out of date then? They all look for that. Well, aside from the fact I got an iso "running" aside from the weird, sketchy black and white croppy, and skippy video. Very very very strange. I don't know what the problem could be?

Edit: I don't feel like messing with the .WIA file of Wii Sports. Have no idea what to do with that file. :/
    Last edited by DavidM92; 23rd-February-2014 at 05:48.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM92 View Post
    Side question -- Are you saying the External HDD doesn't need to have a WBFS format partition anymore? Man, my apps must be way out of date then? They all look for that.
    Yeah, I use WiiBackupManager to load up my external harddrive and CFG Loader to boot, I've never used anything other than a NTFS drive to store my games. I'm not even sure those are the most recent things to use now...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM92 View Post
    I converted them both to ISO's and it did the same thing. I can't wait to hear back from you with your expertise. I'll try a Wii Sports .WIA file tomorrow after work[going to sleep now].

Side question -- Are you saying the External HDD doesn't need to have a WBFS format partition anymore? Man, my apps must be way out of date then? They all look for that. Well, aside from the fact I got an iso "running" aside from the weird, sketchy black and white croppy, and skippy video. Very very very strange. I don't know what the problem could be?

Edit: I don't feel like messing with the .WIA file of Wii Sports. Have no idea what to do with that file. :/
    Not sure what file the .WIA is that's a new one on me

The best format overall is Fat32 with the correct cluster size that I forget off hand but that runs Wii GC Nand Homebrew (Nand emulation can store as many channels (Wii Ware Virtual Console games ect) as you like providing you have enough HDD space but internal Nand is limited to a very small amount, in fact if you use your Wii a lot you can fill Nand with just saves and still run out space) [There are a few things that must be stored on your Wii Nand though like the Homebrew Channel, but the actual Homebrew can be stored on HDD now actually you no longer require an SD card to keep anything on, but the SD is worth keeping just for modding and updating the mods]

Wii games are still stored in WBFS format you just do not need to format the drive that way, as a bonus you can look the files via a PC without needing anything extra, still best to manage Wii disc games via Wii Backup Manager

P.S. is the image moving down the screen constantly ? if so that is just because your TV lacks 60Hz support if you are using it with a PAL TV, yeah that will also makes the image B&W

An RGB Scart should fix that though if you can find one for the Wii and the TV supports RGB Scart (the Scart blocks you plug Red White Yellow into will not work you need a proper RGB Scart for that)

To save you doing digging just use ModMii to mod & or update your mod for the Wii (the first thing the software does is check for updates and after you have fed it info about your Wii, it then downloads all the latest needed files for your system for you), it also has a HDD format tool but I used EaseUS Partition Master - Home Edition both are free anyway

ModMii is worth using for both those that are first time Wii modders and those that just want to update the Wii mods, it has the cleanest install you can get, it is also self guided so depending on the option you feed into it depends on the guide you are given, that loads into your web browser (something that can be missed if you have your default web browser open to start with)

EDIT it's Fat32 with 32KB clusters do not use windows directly to do that use one of the tools mentioned above

As for HDD loaders you want one of the newer revisions rather than the last stable version, or at least that was how it was last time I looked, whatever loader you like though check out there web page and look not just at the stable releases but all revisions some of the newer revisions have features that are often not found in the last stable release

If you are curious though I use USB Loader GX but everyone has there own preference on the loaders
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-February-2014 at 10:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR