Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam Journey to Jaburo - Config Help

Thanks

Default Mobile Suit Gundam Journey to Jaburo - Config Help

I recently downloaded Mobile Suit Gundam Journey to Jaburo which is one of my favorite PS2 games. I'm having trouble as there are some parts of the game that really lag such as during a cut scene when the characters are talking. Their voices are in slow motion also the game lags during an explosion or when surrounded by too many enemies. I'm wondering if anyone could help try and solve this issue? I've played around with the settings and nothing really seems to work. I'm 100% sure that it isn't a PC issue. Any suggestions?

PCSX 2 v1.3.0

GAME - Mobile Suit Gundam Journey to Jaburo
    ISO file - NO DISC

PLUGIN SETTINGS

GS SETTINGS

EMULATION SETTINGS
    Speedhacks - http://i.imgur.com/Wr9vABk.png
    GS - http://i.imgur.com/UulnCmz.png

For EE/IOP and VUs they are all set on default.

PC SPECS
    (just in case I suppose)
    Processor - Intel i5-3570K CPU 3.40GHz
    Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    RAM - 8.00 GB
    Motherboard - GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H

Any suggestion would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The only thing I can think of is

Extra Rendering threads: This box is only usable when having selected a software rendering method. Here you can specify how many threads GSdx will use while software rendering, to take advantage of all cores your processor might have, e.g. set it to 3 for quad core processors. Boosts speed significantly in multi-core systems for software rendering with more than 2 cores.
    The Intel i5-3570K is a Quad core (4 cores) so set that to 3, as it is extra threads not total

I do not emulate this system myself though so if that is not much I hope someone that does this sort of emulating can help you soon

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

go to config then audio====plugin settings.
    change from Timestretch to Async Mix
    if the game little bit slow try to incrase turbo (possibility)
    download the latest PCSX2from this thread;http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...UGINS-WORKS100

Thanks
    EP Points

On your GSdx settings, change the Adapter to your graphic card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti), and the Renderer to Direct3D 11 (Hardware).
    Make sure Native resolution box is checked when changing to the above settings. Uncheck the HW Hacks box as well.

Run the game, and see if there any differences. Use the ingame save btw, not the savestate when loading.

If not, try using different Speedhack preset (e.g set it to 3, run the game with/without MTVU box checked)

Switch back to Software mode if you having problem viewing the animated cutscene or mission briefing (toggle it by pressing F9)

Also, its a known issue that the game will lag if there are too many enemies on the screen (e.g Dynasty Warrior), regardless of whether you have good spec or not.
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma-gouki View Post
    go to config then audio====plugin settings.
    change from Timestretch to Async Mix
    if the game little bit slow try to incrase turbo (possibility)
    download the latest PCSX2from this thread;http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...UGINS-WORKS100
    I changed the Timestretch to Async Mix and now the game runs pretty smooth but cut scenes are still a little bad but that's not what is important! Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    On your GSdx settings, change the Adapter to your graphic card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti), and the Renderer to Direct3D 11 (Hardware).
    Make sure Native resolution box is checked when changing to the above settings. Uncheck the HW Hacks box as well.

Run the game, and see if there any differences. Use the ingame save btw, not the savestate when loading.

If not, try using different Speedhack preset (e.g set it to 3, run the game with/without MTVU box checked)

Switch back to Software mode if you having problem viewing the animated cutscene or mission briefing (toggle it by pressing F9)

Also, its a known issue that the game will lag if there are too many enemies on the screen (e.g Dynasty Warrior), regardless of whether you have good spec or not.
    This also helped a lot! now the cut scenes and game play are perfect! Thanks to both of you!
    Last edited by meganova; 17th-February-2014 at 10:15. Reason: posts merged