Thread: ePSXe always says "no file" "auto load cancelled"

Thanks

Default ePSXe always says "no file" "auto load cancelled"

I've spent a fair bit of time reading about how to configure ePSXe on Windows but I haven't been able to get it running a game yet. I've tried the recommended BIOS files, graphics plugins and CD-ROM plugins, and different image formats .bin, .cue, .iso.

Google says this: search results.

My games do run in other Playstation emulators. I'm on Windows 7 x64. Can anyone offer any information which may help me resolve this?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Presuming you have the latest ePSXe version that is version 1.9.0

set everything back to default internal plugins for CD and Sound

for beginners I recommend starting with PEoPS soft video drivers

Make sure the emulator is setup to whatever bios image you want to use (or use Config Wizard Guide and make sure everything is setup that it asks for)

Once all that is set just use File>Run ISO>select the cue file

P.S. do not convert PSX CD images using anything other than ISObuster directly as most software will corrupt PSX CD images when converting directly to another CD format

iso CD format is not a good idea to start with as that format can not store CDDA tracks that some PSX games use

if you are using disc images that store CDDA tracks outside of the main Binary file (img or bin) in APE, WAV or BIN format they need to be converted and then create a single bin+cue for them to work with ePSXe

for a guide on that and handling ecm files (ecm files also need to be restored to the original format, ecm is just an extra form of compression) see http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-February-2014 at 00:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks, with those settings games are now loading, though the "no file" screen still displays briefly when a disc is loaded.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Never seen that if you can capture that though and post a screen shot also explain exactly when that shows, personally I have the console window always open that displays some extra info.

To enable the console window hit Run>Enable Logs see if anything extra is in there. you can copy the contents of the log by right click on the title bar of it hitting Edit>Select All or mark if you only want to select a part of it and then hit enter, then you can paste the text here.

e.g.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. I run a slightly older version normally that was cracked to allow CDDA playback with any SPU plugin
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-February-2014 at 11:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Here you go. I changed the BIOS to be the same as the one you're using.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	241 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	39899
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

lol That's just an in-game memcard message because there is no save data yet

That would change once you have save data to auto load

That is not an issue in any way shape or form

P.s. do not use save states or if you do always make sure you use in-game save features as well.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]