Thread: trying to set desmume up with my ps3 controller

Thanks
    EP Points

Default trying to set desmume up with my ps3 controller

everytime i hit a button to change (like the up button) it will change it, but the the rest will change to #255 and it will keep on going down and changing al the buttons to that. i can manually click on it but once i change a top button, it changes the rest one at a time. how do i stop this?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    everytime i hit a button to change (like the up button) it will change it, but the the rest will change to #255 and it will keep on going down and changing al the buttons to that. i can manually click on it but once i change a top button, it changes the rest one at a time. how do i stop this?
    What version of Desmume? Make sure you have the latest version as they didn't used to support it.

Make sure it's plugged in and everything before opening the emulator. I believe it's the accelorometer that used to screw things up but they should have added support with later versions to compensate for this.

Thanks
    EP Points

i dont know what it is. i even unplugged the controller to make sure it wasnt causing this, and it wasnt. see when i would click on the button i would want to change and do nothing, it would say #255, then move down and change that to #255 and keep doing it all the way down the list.

Thanks
    EP Points

Using motionjoy try setting to 360 controller emulation and see if that does it.

Thanks
    EP Points

i dont use motionjoy, i am using sixaxis tool

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    i dont use motionjoy, i am using sixaxis tool
    That may be why. Try Motionjoy. I know it sucks but

Like I said it may be the accelorometer interfering somehow (motion control) and it's picking up on that and sending the values in the emulator all over the place. And since you never answered I'll just assume you have a relatively current version of Desmume. Anything before 2013 I think didn't support PS3 controllers.

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah its current. i always look for the most updated version of everything.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do yourself a faver and get a PS2 pad (If you don't already have one) plus a USB converter also known as a PS2 to PS3 converter, you can get the converters for as little as £3 to £4 over here for a single pad or two pads to USB

No drivers requires except for rumble that you already have and installed so rumble should auto work

Mind you I do pick up the PS3 pad by mistake from time to time and start my PS3 up, I use the same Ps2 pad with my Xbox and Wii (GC port) with other converters, can also use it in my PS3 if I really wanted to, though anything that uses analog lower back triggers the PS2 pad would not work with, for emulation it is perfect though

It is the best hassle free option no 360 lower trigger issues, no driver issues, just standard HID drivers used (Human Interface Device, aka a control pad) and it's cheap, even if you don't already have a PS2 or Dual Shock PSX pad
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-February-2014 at 00:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR