Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sega CD Roms

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I may do that myself on the forum but in general it is best to keep CD images in raw format so there is no quality loss.

It will take some time to create all of those though.
    Then some more to compress them all.
    Then some more time to upload the set.

It would take longer if I didn't already have these as disc images, but I do tend to keep the best quality not re-sampled versions
    You are the man!!!! either way... I know there would be a demand for the ripped versions. You wouldn't be doing it for yourself but for the community. Heck I might even help... whatever happens I am good since I can make my own images..

I forget how many sega cd games there are but not many ( I am too lazy to look it up atm)
    Twenty Minutes Into The Future

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by b2p1mp View Post
    You are the man!!!! either way... I know there would be a demand for the ripped versions. You wouldn't be doing it for yourself but for the community. Heck I might even help... whatever happens I am good since I can make my own images..

I forget how many sega cd games there are but not many ( I am too lazy to look it up atm)
    I have (This does include all regions and revisions and each disc counted though)

441 under Games (that's easy over 100 games)
    5 under Educational e.g. Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia
    8 under Multimedia e.g. INXS
    17 under CD-32X [Thats only 5 games realy] but you can't play those with PicoDrive, just Kega Fusion that can also read those cso files

I will start with games obviously then add Educational and Multimedia (I have Samplers also but not going to bother with those at first plus some are CD+G's (karaoke, that the Sega CD could play) that will never work in emulation as cso+mp3 as they do not have a data track) CD-32X I will do also, but that only keeps Kega Fusion users happy
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-February-2014 at 20:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Well that is an excellent project. I am very interested. I wish there was a way to play 32x games on the Picodrive for PSP but I am 99% sure there is no way. I do not think I have ever emulated a 32x game. I think I will try that on my PC in a bit. Thanks man.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

32X yes I'm sure PicoDrive does support them just not CD-32X games that uses both CD's and the 32X addon, the only emulator to support those is Kega Fusion, but most Megadrive/Genesis emulators support 32X

Not looked at PicoDrive for years though but I'm sure it supports 32X games though not all of them will work

PicoDrive is built on Gens source code, but Gens itself does not support CD-32X games either only Fusion has support for those

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I think I recall some problem with the PSP port of Picodrive and 32x games. Maybe it has been resolved since. I will have to research or test one I suppose. I just got out my PSP and charged it. I love the PSP. I recently got a dual microsdhc to memstickproduo adapter and 2x32GB class 10 cards. You end up having about 60GB of usable space on the PSP for the low price of 37 USD (I used a bing reward 5.00 credit voucher to get the adapter free and I bought two of the highspeed 32GB microsdhc cards on sale for 17 each.) That is the best deal I have seen yet besides fakes on the internet. I can fit a ton of sega-cd games on this to test at once.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can fit them all on I would of thought and have some full sized PSP games on as well, easy

Started uploading some of the ones I converted at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90416

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Right on man. Thanks a ton. i bookmarked that page. I can help by giving you the results of my testing if and when I test games.