Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    The website don't let me download so I thought it would work on the PSP browser.

Zorlon read my mind! I can't right now but I can try to connect using Wep cause I already have a hidden one for my Ds lite.

This hidden connection just let the Ds connect via the mac address can I use the PSP mac too? I mean when I'm in OFW the mac address appear in system info but when in CFW it shows mine psp is 9g. Oh well I'm just going to give it a shot
    My PSP reads [Model: 02g]

PRO Recovery Menu
    Configuration

Hide MAC address (default this is Enabled)

You can guess what it does if you Disable it though

You can Enable it again after you set everything up

PRO Recovery Menu
    Advanced

Use mac.txt in /seplugins

Never used that myself but I presume you can set your own mac address, best google how to set that up/use it, that option is Disabled though by default
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-February-2014 at 12:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

The website on the PSP don't open correctly so I guess the packs are not made to be downloaded from there The packs can't be downloaded using Firefox, IE or Goggle Chrome. I even tried to copy the link and try the download on JDownloader and nothing. Guess the links are just down

The WEP connection in-game is not grayed out but using a password gave me problems. I created a new one without pass and it worked. The problem is that the game tries to load what I think is a Wipeout web page inside the game but it can't and then it returns to the select connection window.

Guess I'm in another quest now who wants to join and try to kill this boss?

EDIT: Found this tutorial that says it fix the problem to connect in the browser inside Wipeout Pure: http://www.handheldmuseum.com/PSP/Browser.htm but I'm not in the mood to try right now hahahaha
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-February-2014 at 14:17.
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within
    the heart of mankind." - Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I removed the last link as we don't allow linking to other rom sites generally

That is what I was intending though to download the packs but not from the official site, that is not going to happen using an external web browser

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry about my mistake sometimes I just get too happy when I'm hunting this kind of things down

But anyway I got what I wanted S2 it's working fine the only problem is that it "improves" the game loading screens hahahaha

I'm just curious to why I can't access the official place to get the packs inside the game. Maybe it's my connection config like that guide I posted or it just down. But since I got the packs guess we just have to quit this quest

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    I'm just curious to why I can't access the official place to get the packs inside the game. Maybe it's my connection config like that guide I posted or it just down. But since I got the packs guess we just have to quit this quest
    It will be one of those the CFW should not prevent you though

I'm kinda cringing at the thought of Sony going down that final time or the PS+ service stopping at some point and all the nice games you get from that vanishing for good even if you have those downloaded as when your PS+ runs out you can no longer play those, one reason I keep discs even for games that pop up on PS+

To be honest I think Sony could do with revising that to if you have registered PS+ buy for over a year it is yours to keep, if you have kept an active PS+ account for a full year also, gaps taken in to account.

None PS+ buys are kept though anyway.

The PSP is now much of an out of date console though, only kept alive though the PS store as PSX & PSP games are still actively sold officially that can be used on a PSP as well as the Vita

P.S. you may still be able to use signed games and officially obtained games with the PSP using the CFW, I noticed while in the Recovery menu there was a DRM option.

never had a real problem with that but it could be a nice option to be able to do that.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-February-2014 at 15:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

how many psp games can fit on 64 gigs s? id rather ask here then make another thread lol. sorry

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    how many psp games can fit on 64 gigs s? id rather ask here then make another thread lol. sorry
    Mi post es su post

Also I want to know if using plugins is safe too! can you brick the PSP with this little things?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    It will be one of those the CFW should not prevent you though

I'm kinda cringing at the thought of Sony going down that final time or the PS+ service stopping at some point and all the nice games you get from that vanishing for good even if you have those downloaded as when your PS+ runs out you can no longer play those, one reason I keep discs even for games that pop up on PS+

To be honest I think Sony could do with revising that to if you have registered PS+ buy for over a year it is yours to keep, if you have kept an active PS+ account for a full year also, gaps taken in to account.

None PS+ buys are kept though anyway.

The PSP is now much of an out of date console though, only kept alive though the PS store as PSX & PSP games are still actively sold officially that can be used on a PSP as well as the Vita

P.S. you may still be able to use signed games and officially obtained games with the PSP using the CFW, I noticed while in the Recovery menu there was a DRM option.

never had a real problem with that but it could be a nice option to be able to do that.
    That's just sad You pay the subscription and you can't get the games for you!
    Last edited by Bruno; 20th-February-2014 at 16:29.

Thanks
    EP Points

yup you can use plugins. if anything, the psp will just freeze and you would have to restart it and uninstall the plugin. rarly happens though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks man! I love to test this stuff so I'm not even playing hahahaha

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    Depends on the size of the iso's/cso's

If you take it that every PSP iso is the fullest size of 1.8GB I think it is that's 58/1.8 (64GB is more like 58GB, the usual they use estimations but these are based on 1000's instead 1024's so you always get less than what you think you are paying for, more so as that is caluated from bytes) that will be about 32 games, but you will find that most are around 1GB and there are plenty of small games under 100MB
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-February-2014 at 17:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Depends on the size of the iso's/cso's

If you take it that every PSP iso is the fullest size of 1.8GB I think it is that's 58/1.8 (64GB is more like 58GB, the usual they use estimations but these are based on 1000's instead 1024's so you always get less than what you think you are paying for, more so as that is caluated from bytes) that will be about 32 games, but you will find that most are around 1GB and there are plenty of small games under 100MB
    To follow up on this, there's a limit of 32gb on the PSP due to the file format, 64gb isn't viable.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Englebert3rd View Post
    To follow up on this, there's a limit of 32gb on the PSP due to the file format, 64gb isn't viable.
    That's a was on older firmware, very old now, pre PSP 3K firmware

If you read the entire thread this was already talked about

Been using more than 32GB for a few years now, I use 2x32GB microSD's and everything on it works just fine

EDIT

Official Firmware
    4.XX is apx 64GB limit (2x32GB MicroSD's or a 64GB Memory Stick Pro Duo [I'm sure that is the biggest MSProDuo you can get])
    5.XX is apx 128GB limit (2x64GB MicroSD) [currently the largest, but there is a 128GB SD so it's only a matter of time]
    6.XX is apx 256GB limit, only HDD users have gotten to use this amount of space but myself I don't see the point in attaching a HDD to a Portable games device unless it's internal

You can hazard a guess at 3.XX and under only being able to use apx 32GB max

I was on 5.50 for a very very long time (using well over 32GB of space) only recently moved to 6.60 myself

CFW like pro supports up to 2TB, obviously via a HDD
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-February-2014 at 20:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's a was on older firmware, very old now, pre PSP 3K firmware

If you read the entire thread this was already talked about

Been using more than 32GB for a few years now, I use 2x32GB microSD's and everything on it works just fine

EDIT

Official Firmware
    4.XX is apx 64GB limit (2x32GB MicroSD's or a 64GB Memory Stick Pro Duo [I'm sure that is the biggest MSProDuo you can get])
    5.XX is apx 128GB limit (2x64GB MicroSD) [currently the largest, but there is a 128GB SD so it's only a matter of time]
    6.XX is apx 256GB limit, only HDD users have gotten to use this amount of space but myself I don't see the point in attaching a HDD to a Portable games device unless it's internal

You can hazard a guess at 3.XX and under only being able to use apx 32GB max

I was on 5.50 for a very very long time (using well over 32GB of space) only recently moved to 6.60 myself

CFW like pro supports up to 2TB, obviously via a HDD
    Nice stuff, might start getting the dual card adaptor soon! I'd like to try the HDD setup. It seems interesting...

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

Nice stuff, might start getting the dual card adaptor soon! I'd like to try the HDD setup. It seems interesting...
    just go with the 2 64 gig cards. more than enough room if you ask me. lol i am going to almost fill the 58 gigs i am going to have.

Thanks
    EP Points

Another cheapo adapter user

Just be aware that some of them can give you problems so read the entire thread.