Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PSP 3000/3010 is any good?

Thanks
    EP Points

after you install pro on your psp, you can delete the pro update. the ciple flasher is for psp 1001 and early 2000 models to go into perma cfw. as you have a 3000 that is not of any use to you.

when you turn your psp completly off, just run the fast recovery and it will reset your psp to cfw with all the settings you last had it on. now you can put your psp on standby (easy way to do this is press select to bring up your vsh menu and hit "suspend device" instead of hitting the switch.)

Thanks
    EP Points

From gbatemp guide:

Now to install the hack!

Download 6.60 PRO (Latest Version)
    Copy the folders in there straight onto your PSP's memory stick (or Go's internal storage).. If you're asked to merge the folders, say yes.
    Run 6.60 PRO Updater on your PSP, and press X to install.
    Your PSP should restart into hacked mode. This will last until your PSP is shut fully off (sleep mode is okay). To hack it again quickly, run the Fast Recovery to get back into 6.60 PRO.
    (OPTIONAL) To test or install the 6.60 permanent patch, run the CIPL Flasher on your PSP. Again, remember that this only works on the PSP 1000 and earlier 2000 models.

When you're done, you can delete the update off of your memory stick, since the hack is stored on the PSP itself and you only need to keep the fast recovery to re-activate it when needed.

exactly as I was thinking! thanks man!
    Last edited by Bruno; 17th-February-2014 at 20:19.
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within
    the heart of mankind." - Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Thanks
    EP Points

no problem. hope you enjoy your psp (im getting mine next week)

Thanks
    EP Points

so in the end I will just leave the Fast Recovery in the memory stick to fast re hack my PSP and I can delete CIPL_Flasher and PROUPDATE right?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    so in the end I will just leave the Fast Recovery in the memory stick to fast re hack my PSP and I can delete CIPL_Flasher and PROUPDATE right?
    Yup though I'm not the first to answer that

If you want though keep the Update one just move it to a new folder so you don't have to see it on the game menu, you can always use it again if for some reason you want to use OFW again, that a downgrader can do for you.

CIPL_Flasher is not even needed for your system you did not need that on the mem stick to start with

Not 100% sure but thought you could perm some 3K models but with an older firmware, you can also trick the PSP into thinking it has a higher firmware version so any software that is for 6.60 exclusively should then work with older versions, check out our PSP guides to see what Pro firmware options there are to you
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-February-2014 at 21:10.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah.

Well, at first you can just copy the needed files from 6.60 package, except the CIPL_Flasher though.

You can also keep the PROUPDATE if you want, which I've done, since I'm doing lot of testing in the past and that requires switching to different firmware.
    and if you have folder plugin, you can make it hidden and reorganize your games/homebrew as well.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Guys I made it and it was sooo easy!!!! Shame on me to be so scared hahahaha

I got another adapter and this one works perfectly! No errors to format and no freezing at all and i'm not even using good SD cards

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Guys I made it and it was sooo easy!!!! Shame on me to be so scared hahahaha

I got another adapter and this one works perfectly! No errors to format and no freezing at all and i'm not even using good SD cards
    That's great still waiting for my replacement but I did pick the slowest postage option, but it was free and I'm not in a rush for it I have plenty of other consoles to keep me going/projects

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks all of you that had the patience with me S2 You guys don't get tired of dumb ppl asking the same questions hahahaha at least this thread can help other ppl that seems to be new to this stuff like garrendesares.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    That's great still waiting for my replacement but I did pick the slowest postage option, but it was free and I'm not in a rush for it I have plenty of other consoles to keep me going/projects
    yeah no need to hurry it's nice to save some money and I hope that you can get another good one this time again

The new adapter was the same as the other one even the serial number in the back but I noticed that the board inside of the faulty one is green and this other one that is working OK is black! I even got a little hope when I noticed that while I was inserting the SD's I will never remove that shift again hahahaha

After the hack in the system information screen it says my model is 9g so no perma for me and I really don't care cause it's not that bad to launch the recover thing cause it's fast!

I have a doubt: Can I leave my PSP in sleep mode for a very long time? My guess it's OK and it's not even reading the memory stick but since this is a cheap adapter I'm scared to that thing melt in there Hope this is my last chicken moment about my PSP hahahaha

EDIT: OH yeah why I can access the internet with my connection in the CFW mode when I'm in the PSP main menu and inside the game I can't? I tried the online function of Wipeout Pure and it shows my access point but grayed out
    Last edited by Bruno; 19th-February-2014 at 18:36.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

OH yeah why I can access the internet with my connection in the CFW mode when I'm in the PSP main menu and inside the game I can't? I tried the online function of Wipeout Pure and it shows my access point but grayed out
    I would hazard a guess that OFW would do the exact same thing

Stand by mode should not heat anything up let alone the memstick pro cheapo

I will maybe rejig my hub with setting the PSP can use and test myself but not just now.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-February-2014 at 19:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok glad I can leave it in standby mode.

No worry I can wait it's not a pressing matter

But why it would do the same thing in the OFW? In CFW would make sense if Sony would block the PSP or something but...

I thought that online options in Wipeout Pure was to download the DLC packs for extra tracks and stuff. oh well I will wait for your test results and mine too cause when I have time I will try to download the packs from the official european site in my PSP cause the european version have one exclusive additional pack

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok glad I can leave it in standby mode.

No worry I can wait it's not a pressing matter

But why it would do the same thing in the OFW? In CFW would make sense if Sony would block the PSP or something but...

I thought that online options in Wipeout Pure was to download the DLC packs for extra tracks and stuff. oh well I will wait for your test results and mine too cause when I have time I will try to download the packs from the official european site in my PSP cause the european version have one exclusive additional pack
    Just download DLC on your PC

It may be some time before I get round to doing any more tests, I'm in the middle of a Sega CD project and still working on Phantasy Star Online for the Xbox

I must admit I was on 5.50 last time I used online functions on a PSP, it is only recently that I moved to 6.60 as I never really had any reason to update my firmware as it was future proofed via extra patching to the CFW
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-February-2014 at 19:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

i know why he cant connect to the internet, the psp cant connect to wpa2 which is probly what he has. strange i know as the ps3 and the dsi can connect to wpa2 (as far as i know)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    i know why he cant connect to the internet, the psp cant connect to wpa2 which is probly what he has. strange i know as the ps3 and the dsi can connect to wpa2 (as far as i know)
    What is stranger is that the main menu internet works

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Just download DLC on your PC

It may be some time before I get round to doing any more tests, I'm in the middle of a Sega CD project and still working on Phantasy Star Online for the Xbox

I must admit I was on 5.50 last time I used online functions on a PSP, it is only recently that I moved to 6.60 as I never really had any reason to update my firmware as it was future proofed via extra patching to the CFW
    The website don't let me download so I thought it would work on the PSP browser.

What is stranger is that the main menu internet works
    Zorlon read my mind! I can't right now but I can try to connect using Wep cause I already have a hidden one for my Ds lite.

This hidden connection just let the Ds connect via the mac address can I use the PSP mac too? I mean when I'm in OFW the mac address appear in system info but when in CFW it shows mine psp is 9g. Oh well I'm just going to give it a shot
    Last edited by Bruno; 20th-February-2014 at 03:45.