Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PSP 3000/3010 is any good?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    No I'm not having issues like that at all, I just guessed

Please don't Saw me I'm a nice guy really
    dude i just died laughing at that lol jk jk we all know your a nice guy. i just came by to report that i found out through several youtube videos that the psp will read 59 gigs when both 32 gigs are inserted and formated to fat32. question is, do i use the psp or laptop to format it?

Thanks
    EP Points

okay I'm not going to kill you cause we love you and OK too much tech info for me!

But I also learned that there are fake adapters so I guess mine is a fake

http://www.photofast.tw/products.asp?pid=79

At least it's not the PSP right cause it's reading the memory stick so I will just buy a original one I don't know
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within
    the heart of mankind." - Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    dude i just died laughing at that lol jk jk we all know your a nice guy. i just came by to report that i found out through several youtube videos that the psp will read 59 gigs when both 32 gigs are inserted and formated to fat32. question is, do i use the psp or laptop to format it?
    Use the PSP to format them

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    okay I'm not going to kill you cause we love you and OK too much tech info for me!

But I also learned that there are fake adapters so I guess mine is a fake

http://www.photofast.tw/products.asp?pid=79

At least it's not the PSP right cause it's reading the memory stick so I will just buy a original one I don't know
    My Adapter is not a photofast one I just got the cheapest one I could find, P.S. the speed test I done used the adapter also

P.S. I was curious so I also speed tested a Memstick Pro Duo by Sandisk the better 3rd party ones

Quote Originally Posted by speed test
    Warning: Only 1024 of 1950 MByte tested.
    Test finished without errors.
    You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
    Writing speed: 4.84 MByte/s
    Reading speed: 14.6 MByte/s
    H2testw v1.4
    Looks like these can be considered Class (4), if there was a Class (5) they could pass for that though.

So Class (6) should be a good min to look at, I imagine alot of Class (4) Micro SD's would be fine though, but no lower

If the card is a real Class (6) I have read there are ones that are marked up as Class (6) but are more like Class (4)

The issue could be the Micro SD's

P.S. always reformat if you switch from 2 to 1 or vice versa and format via the PSP only

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I would imagine if it was a adapter issue or a internal PSP card reader issue then it would also just not read, so hard to tell, unless CFW has extra fixes for using 3rd party cards and adapters
    I was thinking that but I just wanted a second opinion! Guess my adapter and PSP card reader are OK the problem is that the adapter is fake so that's why it is freezing.

Oh another format error right now: Format failed. (80220180) such sadness

I'm going to try to talk with the seller of this adapter but I just want to make sure cause my English is not that good and that site seems to be the same so to simplify things:

This is the original Zorlon have ( the slot's entrances are a little round )

and this is the fake that I have ( completely different)

An internal error has occurred.(80020321) or Format failed.(80220180)
    problem: a corrupted memorystick or a fake memorystick most of the time when opening the stick .
    saw this on the internet sooo my quest for a original memory stick begins!

Do you guys think CFW will fix this even with cheap SD's?
    Last edited by Bruno; 15th-February-2014 at 14:34.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't have a photo fast one, I am sure there was no photo fast real or clone ones at the time either though

The one I have is not branded at all, but has a small serial type number on the back

S2-00025

Looks closer to the fake to be honest but more square cut than rounded

But no Photofast or CR-5400 text on it

80220180 ouch to that never even seen that error before.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-February-2014 at 15:09.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

crap i hadd the wrong one on amazon!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    crap i hadd the wrong one on amazon!
    Just wait and see what you get

80220180 is not a good error though and thankfully not something I have seen yet

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't have a photo fast one, I am sure there was no photo fast real or clone ones at the time either though

The one I have is not branded at all, but has a small serial type number on the back

S2-00025

Looks closer to the fake to be honest but more square cut than rounded

But no Photofast or CR-5400 text on it

Sorry Zorlon I know you don't have a photofast one I was just doing lot's of stuff at the same time and forgot

Yours is S2-00025 and mine is S2-0002S (just a letter in the end instead of the number 5) so I think it's not a matter of fake or not but a matter of SD quality. I only have this crappy ones laying around.

I can't try this right now but when I have time I will use my Sandisk SD that is in my Android phone cause it's the only decent SD I think I have.

Do you think my SD is good enough:

I will post here when I can. Thanks a lot for the tests

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes I think that would be just fine anything that is Class (4) and up over should be fine, Class (2) would be pushing it though

I have just ordered a PhotoFast one myself, I need a replacement

I looked at my older order though and it does say it was a Photofast one though they may of changed the description since back then

The seller I used was Amazon approved and original from Japan

£13.88 a lot more than what I originally payed, but no postage on top, I noticed that under the same description others are selling it for less but the postage makes the overall price more, personally I would not trust anyone that is not Amazon Approved or is not direct from Amazon some are as bad as the dodgy ebay sellers.. or even the same sellers, I admit it can't be helped at times, specially for older products that are not found any other way

P.S. it does look like the PhotoFast ones have a black board instead of a white one that the clones tend to use both with a white shell though, there is no black PhotoFast CR-5400

P.P.S. I took another look at the back of my adapter it is an S at the end not a 5 so sounds like you have what I have that does not have the real PhotoFast chip it's just a round black blob instead of a square chip, a lot of cheapo devices use the black blob type chips and looking at some of the reviews they are very mixed ones ranging from slot 1 only works to not working or partially working to working just fine, so the cheapo ones are hit and miss and I just got very lucky.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-February-2014 at 16:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow Such luck

You're getting old Zorlon and your eyes are not what used to be

I'm trying to think positively cause I think my cellphone SD will save the day!

Shift! I wish I could be at home now to backup my cellphone things and test it right away

And it's so nice to see Zorlon doing lots of tests hahaha he really like to mess with this stuff

EDIT: Bad news for me Mine SanDisk Ultra microSDHC doesn't change a thing! So the adapter is the faulty one right? This SanDisk Ultra card is not that bad

Here is the test result using my laptop card reader with that program Zorlon attached:

SanDisk Ultra class 10

Warning: Only 1024 of 15173 MByte tested.
    Writing speed: 5.74 MByte/s
    Reading speed: 21.8 MByte/s
    H2testw v1.4

Kingston class 4

Warning: Only 1024 of 3768 MByte tested.
    Writing speed: 8.35 MByte/s
    Reading speed: 13.8 MByte/s
    H2testw v1.4

EDIT 2:

So I talked with the seller and he says that he will send me another one without any costs

There is some last thing I'm thinking here: does PRO-C2 have some kind of fix for memory stick adapters? Maybe the adapter is so fake that it can't even fool the PSP I tried google about this memory stick fix on CFW and nothing so I was afraid to use this adapter to install CFW and for some reason it freezes in the middle of the process and BANG my PSP is a door stop

Guess I will wait for the new adapter. I'm just sad cause of the possibility of the PSP memory card reader be the problem. I don't think so cause Metal Slug XX signed for OFW when booted can be played without any problems and the adapter just freezes in the main PSP menu but who knows shift can happen and it could be a weird PSP memory card reader problem that no ones know

oh well have just to wait and see.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope it was just a faulty adapter, the firmware has nothing to do with it in the slightest custom or official

Used mine with OFW 1.0 to 5.50, CFW 5.50, OFW 6.60, CFW 6.60 & OFW 6.20 (OFW 6.20 was just a downgrade from CFW 6.60)

I honestly must of just lucked out with my one and have since ordered a PhotoFast one and pray it's official, I broke mine taking it in and out the system during this thread :/

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

real sorry about you adapter may it rest in peace for the good work it has done for you when it was still in one piece.

but the one I got doesn't look so weak. I think it can't be broken easily! I wish mine was weak like yours but at least would work properly

Now that the PSP is alright I will apply the CFW!!!!!! The only thing that can stop me now is another faulty adapter.

Mine is a PSP 3000/3010 with 6.60 OFW and I really don't want to downgrade even if it's safe so the way the PSP is now I can only do a non-permanent hack with PRO-C2 CFW. As meganova said the mother board of a PSP 3000 can only be 3g, 4g, and 9g but since I want a non-permanent hack I don't have to even bother with this right?

So since I'm a chicken and I don't want to lose my PSP I will just post here what I'm going to do based on this guide: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...our-PSP-PRO-C2 and I will leave my notes and doubts in green CAPS next to the steps:

1. Download the required files from the link , make sure to download the correct version depends on your firmware I WILL DOWNLOAD THIS http://code.google.com/p/procfw/down...2.rar&can=2&q=

2. Then extract all required files into your /PSP/GAME folder :
    - For 6.39/6.60, you should have FastRecovery, CIPL_Flasher, and PROUPDATE files
    ** once again, do note CIPL_Flasher is ONLY for fully hackable PSP CAN'T I JUST DELETE CIPL_Flasher OR IT IS NEEDED FOR SOMETHING?

3. NOTE: ensure that your PSP is on OFW(check your System Settings), and have the required files in your specified folder (e.g for 6.20, must have the 6.20 PRO files)

4. First, run the PRO Update from your XMB.
    5. Follow the instructions, Press X to install the CFW, and then X again to boot in CFW.
    6. Your PSP should now restarted into PRO-C2, check your System Information to confirm.
    7. That's all, Enjoy your new CFW.

8. NOTE: This CFW is not permanent, so if you accidentally shut down, or closed your PSP, it will rebooted back to OFW, so you have to do all the previous steps again. STEPS AGAIN? YOU MEAN I HAVE TO RUN PROUPDATE AGAIN? I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FastRecovery. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE FastRecovery THEN??

CAN I PUT THE PSP IN SLEEP MODE AND THE CFW WILL STILL BE THERE?
    Last edited by Bruno; 17th-February-2014 at 19:57.

Thanks
    EP Points

delete the cipl flasher, after you run the update, delete that but keep the fast recovery. yeah it is confusing

Thanks
    EP Points

OK so I do this steps...

4. First, run the PRO Update from your XMB.
    5. Follow the instructions, Press X to install the CFW, and then X again to boot in CFW.
    6. Your PSP should now restarted into PRO-C2, check your System Information to confirm.

and then I can delete CIPL_Flasher. But the FastRecovery will have to stay there? I will never use FastRecovery? When the PSP is turned off I will have to run PRO Update again not the FastRecovery?

Real sorry for the dumb questions