Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PSP 3000/3010 is any good?

Thanks
    EP Points

Don't forget my other doubts

And I have one more! Does the PSP ISOS have a fixed size like the Wii ISOS? Like the ISO has fixed sizes of 900mb or 1.8gb and ppl cut the garbage data to make ISOS smaller?
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within
    the heart of mankind." - Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1.8 is the max size, for UMD's anyway

Updates are normally ripped but no they are not fixed sizes with junk data

cso compression is often used though that alone can cause issues with some games

There are rips around like just about ever other system though, like x language files excluded ect

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Well, apparently you can, but instead of having 64gb, you can only use 59gb on it, likewise (and I think you need to be at least 4.xx OFW?).

PSP with 5.00+ OFW is limited to 128GB, and 6.60 OFW capped to 256gb.

While those on PRO (or maybe other CFWs such as ME, M33) can have 2TB on it (IF you can find one, well 1TB x 2?).

But, that what I read on net though, haven't managed to test it myself.
    That would be HDD's

MicroSD's only go to 64GBx2 128GB but not really because they lie and calculate it wrong so it is less than that

Not sure what the biggest Memstick pro duo is but I don't think they go as high as 128GB

I also have never tested HDD's though I don't see the point in that with a portable device
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-February-2014 at 10:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok it's here! I can't play cause the memory stick adapter is not

But I have some new questions:

1. Soo no USB cable in the package Can I use the one I have that came with my Dingoo?

2. I'm going to use remotejoy but I'm just curious about the AV cable. Can I also use the one that came with Dingoo? Anyone tested both? Like which one is better AV cable or remotejoy using the USB cable.

Here are some images of the cables I got with Dingoo:

cables.jpg

03.jpg

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think you can, you tell us if it fits then it will work, by the two images it is hard to tell but it looks like your standard USB cable that the PSP uses, it's not a special cable or anything it's the same one that tons of devices use, including PS3 pads, a lot of the USB 2.0 up over HDD drives, Sat Nav's ect

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah the USB cable fits normally I just thought that the original one could have something different. Oh well at least I have the more important one!

Now the AV I think it will not work cause the one I got will just enter in that earphones plug and that other one I circled in the image is missing:

1279287334402_hz-cnmyalibaba-web1_31123.jpg

Oh well it's all OK! Now the wait for the adapter

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My PSP is a 2K model so I wouldn't know but that AV you pictured would be fine for my PSP

If you look at your PSP though there should be a couple of marks next to the ear phone jack port one that is head phones, the other is a TV with and arrow pointing out, i.e. TV out that for me is under the port that the red circle is over in the image

The 3K models may just use the head phone jack port as a multi port for both sound and video, I don't know.

EDIT: 3K's use both
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-February-2014 at 00:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I can't use my Dingoo AV cable

Got my adapter and it's working fine! But I can't test any signed games for the OFW

Tested some signed ISOS from other sites and the games not even start! I'm downloading one from the master list of this forum to test it

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What firmware is the PSP currently on?

P.S. give the error message so we can figure out why

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

It's working! I got Metal Slug XX from the master list here and it's working! such fun

Guess I have to stay away from this other sites hahahaha

Now I'm going to play and test the PSP in OFW (yeah I'm crazy and always test every little thing when I got something new) and if nothing is wrong I will try the CFW.

But I'm so happy with this adapter. Thanks a lot Zorlon!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Glad you got the thing in eventually, some sellers do only post things when they feel like, often they just post at the weekend.

More space in total that can be available and a lot cheaper than Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo cards

Still wish there was such a thing for the Vita though.

Anyway glad you have some things working and have something to play with at last

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

As I said I tend to not trust in things too much and test it like crazy and I just found out a error

First just for the record ==> The error it's a PSP system pop message in gray screen that say: The game could not be started. (80010087)

This error only happens with bad signed OFW games cause I tested 3 games from other places and not a single one booted and the first one I got from the master list here worked perfectly! I'm just leaving in here in case someone else have the same problem.

My problem is that the PSP seems to have problems reading the memory stick cause when I press the PS button and quit to the PSP menu the memory stick light blink like crazy but the system tells me there is no memory stick inserted I waited for a long time and nothing! The only way to solve this is shutdown and turn on again. Guess it's the SD's inside so I have to find a better one to test.

Did you had this problem Zorlon? Do you think that the other signed games gave me that message cause of the memory stick? I think they are just bad signed but who knows!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

80010087 = the software has been blocked by Sony, it's not really badly signed but signed for an OFW that you are not using

What class is the Micro SD, I can do some tests with some of my older Micro SD's, not sure what ones I have now to be honest though

Found a few 2GB MicroSD's not branded or had class marking but I am doing a couple of speed tests on those then I will do some PSP compat notes

I use Class 10's though most the time

I take it the refresh after you have played a game results in the card not being read, I would love to blame the firmware but as I used the same MicroSD adapter with both 5.50 and 6.60 I can't see that being a factor though they are both CFW
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-February-2014 at 12:42.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Well another thing to learn about this OFW games

Both are 4GB SD's class 4

I have to find one here that is 4GB class 10 to test too!

Everytime I get a new device it's a quest to make it work! such fun hahahahaha

EDIT: Tried only the 4GB class 10 inserted in the slot 1 and I have the same problem. Using just one card in slot 1 seems to cause new problems cause sometimes after formating the memory stick the PSP system says there is nothing there even i just format it! so I have to format it again and again till it detects. Now I'm going to try with a 4GB class 10 and a 4GB class 4 together.

Now 3 things I'm thinking:

1 Do you think this adapter got blocked or something on the PSP 3000 or in the last firmware?

2 Maybe the adapter I got it is not that good.

3 Do you think I was unlucky enough and my PSP have the memory stick port damaged?

I take it the refresh after you have played a game results in the card not being read, I would love to blame the firmware but as I used the same MicroSD adapter with both 5.50 and 6.60 I can't see that being a factor though they are both CFW
    sorry didn't saw your edit!

So you're having the same issue? you play the game press the PS button and when you return the memory stick just can't be read?

any tips how to solve this?
    Last edited by Bruno; 15th-February-2014 at 13:36.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Only testing 1GB of data to save tame plus that should be enough for a simple speed test

Cards are formatted as FAT, even though the software suggests you use NTFS format, most devices that use Micro SD use FAT though, but the software was really made to test flash drives (PSP uses FAT32 I was not going to reformat )

This is done via a USB 2.0 Micro SD reader (I used my laptops card reader for the PSP one using a Magic Gate adapter with the Micro SD to MS ProDuo thing in it (done because the cards will just say they need reformatting as, using two together formats them as a single card)), the speed test software is attached.

Class Table (Or what it should be anyway)
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Unbranded 2GB Micro SD 1 (Came with a phone)
    Quote Originally Posted by speed test
    Warning: Only 1024 of 1909 MByte tested.
    Test finished without errors.
    You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
    Writing speed: 5.78 MByte/s
    Reading speed: 15.0 MByte/s
    H2testw v1.4
    Unbranded 2GB Micro SD 2 (Came with a phone)
    Warning: Only 1024 of 1897 MByte tested.
    Writing speed: 5.66 MByte/s
    Reading speed: 18.9 MByte/s
    H2testw v1.4
    My Memory 4GB Micro SD Class (6) (was in my M3 DS Real flash kit)
    Warning: Only 1024 of 3774 MByte tested.
    Writing speed: 5.78 MByte/s
    Reading speed: 17.3 MByte/s
    H2testw v1.4
    Samsung 32GB Micro SD Class (10) (What I currently use, I got those just for that use, 3 in total I use 1 with my 3DS)
    Warning: Only 1024 of 59863 MByte tested.
    Writing speed: 9.40 MByte/s
    Reading speed: 14.2 MByte/s
    H2testw v1.4
    From what I have tested I would say my unbranded cards are class (6)

I used to have Class (4) cards and 1GB card also but I can't find them :/ possibly ones that I had for other flash kits for the GBA/DS that I had stolen from me :/

I don't think you can get 4GB Class (10) cards

P.S. the speed I was getting via USB to PSP was stupidly slow, that is why I used the Adapter via my memcard slot on my laptop, must be USB 1.0 or something on the 2K PSP's, that is slow

I will test again tonight maybe with a Samsung one in the USB 2.0 Micro SD reader, that Micro SD though is in my 3DS but my girlfriend has taken that for a walk to work with her to collect coins or something

I was going to test those cards in my PSP but seems I can't, I super glued one of the MicroSD's inside the adapter as the adapter cracked on me, I will get a new adapter though
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-February-2014 at 13:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Well another thing to learn about this OFW games

Both are 4GB SD's class 4

I have to find one here that is 4GB class 10 to test too!

Everytime I get a new device it's a quest to make it work! such fun hahahahaha

EDIT: Tried only the 4GB class 10 inserted in the slot 1 and I have the same problem. Using just one card in slot 1 seems to cause new problems cause sometimes after formating the memory stick the PSP system says there is nothing there even i just format it! so I have to format it again and again till it detects. Now I'm going to try with a 4GB class 10 and a 4GB class 4 together.

Now 3 things I'm thinking:

1 Do you think this adapter got blocked or something on the PSP 3000 or in the last firmware?

2 Maybe the adapter I got it is not that good.

3 Do you think I was unlucky enough and my PSP have the memory stick port damaged?

sorry didn't saw your edit!

So you're having the same issue? you play the game press the PS button and when you return the memory stick just can't be read?

any tips how to solve this?
    No I'm not having issues like that at all, I just guessed

Please don't Saw me I'm a nice guy really

Latest firmware will not effect that I use 6.60 myself

PSP hardware will not block either, it would be the firmware that done that

I don't know enough about OFW use though to know for certain, but if it was blocked then it would not read at all

I would imagine if it was a adapter issue or a internal PSP card reader issue then it would also just not read, so hard to tell, unless CFW has extra fixes for using 3rd party cards and adapters
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-February-2014 at 13:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]