Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PSP 3000/3010 is any good?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    I think I'm going with the PRO But since it's not going to be perma I can just delete the PRO archives from the memory card and give a try with ME right? Even If I do a permanent one I can still remove and use another but I feel this MIGHT be dangerous so thats one of the reasons I also wanted a non permanent cause I could change safely the CFW. I will start with the non permanent and as I go I can try the permanent one no need to rush things

Sorry meganova I saw your guide after my post but I had to leave in a hurry! Man you made all the guides!

But really what could go wrong? I mean this really seems too easy to be true! The PSP could brick if I have one that is not supposed to be permanent hacked and I accidentally use the CIPL_Flasher??????? But it's not just click and BANG it's bricked right? The dev must at least put some warning at the beginning like have to press OK a million times
    I'm not sure if there are warning message pop out if you run CIPL_Flasher on 3K (and before proceed more into it), I want test it myself but would rather not since I only have one PSP at that time.

And CIPL_Flasher only meant for 1K and early 2K on 6.60, 3K user(with 3g/4g) can have permanent CFW by using the 620PRO_Permanent instead (and you need to be on 6.20 first), so you won't do it wrong if you keep that in mind and only copy the required files.

EDIT: AND WAIT THERE IS MORE! (Now I get it what deadlegion said. Thx man)

I found this guide: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...able-on-OFW!!*

I can just convert games to be played in the OFW without even use a CFW?? Oh man I love this But I guess it will not work in all games.

I'm really sorry I don't have the PSP yet but I'm quite curious
    It will work on any games, but some games with large size need to be cut down first into smaller size (at least under 1.1GB) for the converter to work,
    and that's the hardest part since you can't just randomly delete any files or the game will not run or crash.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

EDIT: AND WAIT THERE IS MORE! (Now I get it what deadlegion said. Thx man)

I found this guide: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...able-on-OFW!!*

I can just convert games to be played in the OFW without even use a CFW?? Oh man I love this But I guess it will not work in all games.

I'm really sorry I don't have the PSP yet but I'm quite curious

If you're interested, I have downloaded some signed games for OFW myself from various places and will be testing them soon.
    I'll share some stuff if they work ok...I'm on OFW 6.60.

I might be able to get some other games for OFW too if you have requests. If they are games I'm not really interested in I will still test them even if only briefly before uploading. You should know where to request stuff on EP by now

Anyway, like I said; if you're interested. But I will post some tested stuff I got for myself at some stage anyway. Stay tuned

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

OK I'm going to get a PSP 3000/3010. It's a OK PSP version right? No know bugs, hardware problems and stuff like that you just discover after you get the device

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post

It will work on any games, but some games with large size need to be cut down first into smaller size (at least under 1.1GB) for the converter to work,
    and that's the hardest part since you can't just randomly delete any files or the game will not run or crash.
    I will stick with clean ISOS and run then from my future non perma hacked PSP Asked this just for the sake of knowing

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    If you're interested, I have downloaded some signed games for OFW myself from various places and will be testing them soon.
    I'll share some stuff if they work ok...I'm on OFW 6.60.

I might be able to get some other games for OFW too if you have requests. If they are games I'm not really interested in I will still test them even if only briefly before uploading. You should know where to request stuff on EP by now

Anyway, like I said; if you're interested. But I will post some tested stuff I got for myself at some stage anyway. Stay tuned
    For now I will buy the PSP and try to learn things little by little but thx man! I'm sure might be another ppl interested even me when I learn how to mess with PSP stuff!
    Last edited by Bruno; 7th-February-2014 at 12:59.
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within
    the heart of mankind." - Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

P.S. yes you can still back out of Perm CFW, just use a down grader (I actually answered that before you asked it ) now the only issue with that is you need to re-upgrade the firmware and re activate it with PSN if you use it with PSN (The only reason you might reg it with PSN if you plan to play officially downloaded games otherwise it is not needed) and your PS3 is you use it with your PS3 (This does have a use as you can share PSX/PSP saves with your PS3, PSX saves can be used directly with the PS3 either for owned disc games or for PSN PSX games, also for the Vita from PS3 to Vita with PSP games saves and PSX game saves), this is because everything is reset that you need to relink and/or rereg

Still not sure why you would not go for perm firmware though

Sony don't ban PSP's or anything, mine is linked to my PS3 as well yet it has CFW on it, not that I use it as I also have a Vita, had it linked before I got that though (sometimes back up saves or copy them to use on the PS3 or Vita), it would be pointless anyway for Sony to block a PSP as you can reset it by downgrading and re upgrading the firmware that gives it a new ID anyway

The only real disadvantage to a perm CFW is that officially downloaded games will not work, like games from the PS Store, retail UMD's will still work though and I'm sure DLC works regardless it's just save data, though not looked into DLC so I may be mistaken there.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-February-2014 at 16:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

How about the memory cards? I plan to get a cheaper one and since I don't care to have tons of games at the same time stored I think a 4 or 8 GB is OK. This cards are all the same or for hacking the PSP I have to get some specific one? Like there is some card that is faster than others and the slow ones could cause the game freeze or something like that.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't get a cheap memstick pro duo, actually don't get a memstick pro duo at all get a converter instead, works out cheaper, more so if you happen to have a micro SD or 2 kicking around anyway even if they are just 1GB ones it is a start.

41VvZlCAMKL._SX385_.jpg41XFpfOgtOL._SX385_.jpg

I use the dual one myself with 2x32GB Micro SD's inserted, not tested but now you can get 64GB Micro SD's the huge ones tend to all be Class (10) cards so no lag from those

But cheap clone Memstick Pro Duo cards can cause lag if you are lucky, others just don't let you run anything.

The better Memstick Pro Due clones are the ones by sandisk though that seem to work but I have only used the standard blue coloured ones but they do tons now, that some may not be so good.

Shop around for those I got mine for something like 99p from Amazon, the cheapest they have now is £1.59 still dirt cheap though (Free postage also) that is the dual one I am talking about

The plastic mold on those it not perfect (not the shape that is fine, but it is a little flimsy) though so best not to take it out once it is in, unless you are upgrading the MicroSD's, otherwise you can access the contents via USB Mode directly through the PSP

For the dual one anyway, only format & copy data via the PSP, as it formats both Micro SD's as if it is a single memcard/memstick and copying files to individual Micro SD's will just corrupt that system, overall even if you use an official memstick pro duo it is still best to copy via the USB cable while the PSP is in USB mode, instead of using a memcstick/memcard reader
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-February-2014 at 17:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks a lot Zorlon! I was about to get the cheaper original one I could find but it was a little pricey where I live

I saw this converter but I thought it would make games freeze and stuff like that. But if you use without problems I will try one! Even if it fails it's cheap as hell even in my f****d up country

But I just saw this one hope it's the same thing:

adaptador-micro-sd-photofast-cr-5400-p-memory-stick-pro-duo_MLB-O-161012559_4490.jpg

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They all work the same, but no that is not the exact version I use but it should not make a difference, the Micro SD's speed make the difference.

No crashing here

P.S. that is 32GB for each Micro SD slot so 64GB total (that's a lie it's under 60GB but that's just due to the silly way they calculate it, 1000's instead of 1024's)

I may at some point I may buy a single 64GB Micro SD to see if they can take them, the 64 GB Micro SD's came out long after the adapter though but see no reason they would not work

P.P.S. I forgot to mention but there are clone Sony Memstick Pro Duo's i.e. fake ones that look and are packaged just like the real ones, these just don't let you run anything from them...
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-February-2014 at 19:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    They all work the same, but no that is not the exact version I use but it should not make a difference, the Micro SD's speed make the difference.

No crashing here

P.S. that is 32GB for each Micro SD slot so 64GB total (that's a lie it's under 60GB but that's just due to the silly way they calculate it, 1000's instead of 1024's)

I may at some point I may buy a single 64GB Micro SD to see if they can take them, the 64 GB Micro SD's came out long after the adapter though but see no reason they would not work

P.P.S. I forgot to mention but there are clone Sony Memstick Pro Duo's i.e. fake ones that look and are packaged just like the real ones, these just don't let you run anything from them...
    The dual adapter I'm looking at right now claims you can run one micro SD. It has a slot 1 that you need to use.
    I'm just wondering what class micro SD is recommended for PSP though...is class 10 really necessary or is class 6 ok?

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I used a class 4 to start with, with no issues, but can't claim to have played a lot with that

I did forget to mention that you can just use a single Micro SD even in the dual adaptor, so that is true of it

EDIT when you do change from 1 MicroSD's to 2 MicroSD's you will need to reformat it and the other way round 2 to 1

They are dirt cheap so just buy the thing and tell me if it lags with slower cards

P.S. sounds like the one in the post I made with the uploaded image of it, that is my card, the top slot is slot 1 (above the text) the lower slot is slot 2 (under the text)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-February-2014 at 21:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

No crashing here

you just saved me some maney

I'm going to try two 4GB class 4 Kingston SD's that were taking dust in here! Hope they work at least to hack the PSP and test some games

I will post here when all the stuff arrives but I don't know when. Can't wait!

EDIT: Can I just get a clean ISO sign it for OFW put it on the memory stick and run without even modify anything on the PSP? I want to test the PSP for some days while its new. If I notice any problems with it I can send it back and get another with the warranty.

Also any know problem with this OFW signed ISOS? Like the PSP detects it's not a original one and bricks the system or something like that?

Thanks
    EP Points

I use the dual one myself with 2x32GB Micro SD's inserted, not tested but now you can get 64GB Micro SD's the huge ones tend to all be Class (10) cards so no lag from those
    Are you sure this works? Everything I read about online said that the PSP capped it at 32 gb (29 usable) for some reason or another, and even though you'll see the full 64 when you plug it into the compy, the PSP can't use the rest of it. Because of that, I only bought two 16s when I was figuring all that out. Granted, 29 is still more than I'm likely to need at any given time, but it'd still be nice to know if I was needlessly cautious.

Thanks
    EP Points

well, i think there was a cfw that removed that limit. and i am also reading that even though the psp shows 64 gigs, the computer will only let you use 32 gigs of it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, apparently you can, but instead of having 64gb, you can only use 59gb on it, likewise (and I think you need to be at least 4.xx OFW?).

PSP with 5.00+ OFW is limited to 128GB, and 6.60 OFW capped to 256gb.

While those on PRO (or maybe other CFWs such as ME, M33) can have 2TB on it (IF you can find one, well 1TB x 2?).

But, that what I read on net though, haven't managed to test it myself.
    vc3 released.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Are you sure this works? Everything I read about online said that the PSP capped it at 32 gb (29 usable) for some reason or another, and even though you'll see the full 64 when you plug it into the compy, the PSP can't use the rest of it. Because of that, I only bought two 16s when I was figuring all that out. Granted, 29 is still more than I'm likely to need at any given time, but it'd still be nice to know if I was needlessly cautious.
    What you read and what is fact is sometimes 2 different things.

Untitled.jpg

P.S. the space sizes are very correct it's because GB is calculated wrong for External and internal storage as they go by 1000's not 1024's so a 32GB card is not even close to 32GB, the same goes for HDD's ect a 2TB drive is less than 2TB

Yeah on old firmware, think the above comment are correct, thing is 3k plus models can't even use that firmware
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-February-2014 at 19:29.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]