Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP 3000/3010 is any good?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PSP 3000/3010 is any good?

Okay I never had/saw one and for a miracle I found one brand new at a known on line store where I live that is cheap!!!!!!

1 I wanted to know if this PSP 3000/3010 is safely and fully hackable. By searching on google I know that all models can be hacked to play backups but who knows! Can someone please give me some reliable guide links on how to use a CFW?

2 Can I use a controller(even be some hard to do hack?) like the PSP GO.

3 if it bricks it's easy to recover?

4 it's easy to brick or just if I'm too stupid?

5 And how is this sleep mode function? does the game freezes and when I return the game will load like I never left it? Like if a character jumped and I entered in sleep mode while he's on air he will be frozen there and when I return he will just land???? I know PSP GO has something like this I wanted to know how the PSP 3000/3010 sleep mode is from ppl who actually have the device!

sorry If I asked something stupid and thanks in advance guys
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within
    the heart of mankind." - Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Okay I never had/saw one and for a miracle I found one brand new at a known on line store where I live that is cheap!!!!!!

1 I wanted to know if this PSP 3000/3010 is safely and fully hackable. By searching on google I know that all models can be hacked to play backups but who knows! Can someone please give me some reliable guide links on how to use a CFW?
    The 3k is hackable, but not fully (compared to 1k and early 2k) as you must be on certain firmware for the hack to run.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...our-PSP-PRO-C2

You mean? the analog and d-pad? Yes, you can.

Nope. AFAIK.

4 it's easy to brick or just if I'm too stupid?
    Yes, if you didn't follow the step by step instructions from the guide, or doing something you're not supposed to.

5 And how is this sleep mode function? does the game freezes and when I return the game will load like I never left it? Like if a character jumped and I entered in sleep mode while he's on air he will be frozen there and when I return he will just land???? I know PSP GO has something like this I wanted to know how the PSP 3000/3010 sleep mode is from ppl who actually have the device!

sorry If I asked something stupid and thanks in advance guys
    On some random occurrence, it can happen due to complication with some plugins, but didn't happen to me when I still have my 3k.
    Last edited by meganova; 4th-February-2014 at 12:43. Reason: typoss
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks a lot for the help so I have more question:

The 3k is hackable, but not fully (compared to 1k and early 2k) as you must be on certain firmware for the hack to run.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...our-PSP-PRO-C2
    I saw in Sony PSP site that the last one is 6.60 so if I get one it's supported! My fear is this: [1g, 2g, 3g, 4g, 5g, 7g, 9g, 11g] What are those numbers and how do I know if the PSP is in within those numbers?????

I guess mine will be a non permanent one so what are the limitations in using this? I kind of like it cause if I shutdown the PSP I can go to PSN and get original games right? I plan to get a PS3 when I can and sign in in Playstation plus and I think I can get stuff for the PSP too!

Ohh and the not permanent mod also seem safer or I'm wrong?

Sorry! When I say controller I'm talking about using a PS3 or a PS2 controller to play PSP and PSX games! I plan to hook the PSP on my TV and use a controller to play the games so it will be like a console Can I do this?

Nope. AFAIK.
    So if the PSP bricks it's all over? Well I took a look at that guide and it seems easy so I don't have to be afraid right? I soft modded my Wii so I'm not that stupid

About the sleep mode: I just wanted to know how it works! The game will stop completely when I use this function? It's like the DS that when you close the game stops? like if you playing a game with a in game timer the time stops so it's like the game froze at that point? I'm asking again cause due my bad English you replied something else that looks important too

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I have an E1002 and can't use permanent CFW, so I'm not bothering at all and just using signed games for OFW.
    I have PS+ but I've only grabbed one game so far (that was free).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

My fear is this: [1g, 2g, 3g, 4g, 5g, 7g, 9g, 11g] What are those numbers and how do I know if the PSP is in within those numbers?????
    From my understanding it has to do with some particular piece of hardware the 3000s have, and is only really an issue when trying to downgrade one. Since 6.60 was the last PSP firmware released, this isn't something you should have to worry about.

I guess mine will be a non permanent one so what are the limitations in using this?
    You should be able to do just about anything you could do with a permanently modded PSP; you'll just have to re-implement the mod each time you fully power off the PSP.

Well I took a look at that guide and it seems easy so I don't have to be afraid right? I soft modded my Wii
    If you managed to soft mod a wii, you should have no trouble with this mod; they're basically fool proof as long as you can follow instructions.

About the sleep mode: I just wanted to know how it works! The game will stop completely when I use this function? It's like the DS that when you close the game stops? like if you playing a game with a in game timer the time stops so it's like the game froze at that point?
    It's exactly like that, yeah.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-February-2014 at 13:56. Reason: dat grammar (full proof to fool proof)
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

wow thanks a lot for the clarification MaslowK. I'm more happy now

Now I only need to know if I can use a PS2/PS3 controller or if the only way is to get a PSP GO that is more expensive where I live

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks a lot for the help so I have more question:

I saw in Sony PSP site that the last one is 6.60 so if I get one it's supported! My fear is this: [1g, 2g, 3g, 4g, 5g, 7g, 9g, 11g] What are those numbers and how do I know if the PSP is in within those numbers?????

I guess mine will be a non permanent one so what are the limitations in using this? I kind of like it cause if I shutdown the PSP I can go to PSN and get original games right? I plan to get a PS3 when I can and sign in in Playstation plus and I think I can get stuff for the PSP too!

Ohh and the not permanent mod also seem safer or I'm wrong?
    1g, 2g, etc is the motherboard type for your PSP, where 1g only exist on 1000, and 2g on 2000.

3g, 4g, and 9g is for 3000, 5g on GO, and 11g is for the recent model, E1000(Street).

So since yours is 3000, then your motherboard type is either 3g, 4g and 9g (the first two can have permanent CFW (custom firmware), while the last one can only have non-permanent one)

Yes, you can. Just make sure you already on OFW (official firmware) before accessing PSN. (Go to System Settings -> Information to make sure)

Nothing is safe when it comes to hacking your device, as there always chance for brick. Just go through the hacking guide twice (or more) before doing it, try to understand everything and ask if you are confused.

Sorry! When I say controller I'm talking about using a PS3 or a PS2 controller to play PSP and PSX games! I plan to hook the PSP on my TV and use a controller to play the games so it will be like a console Can I do this?
    Not possible on 3k, AFAIK. It can be done on old model though, using IRShell plugin (note: risky) by connecting both the PS3 controller and PSP to PC.

It can be easily done on GO because of the Bluetooth.

So if the PSP bricks it's all over? Well I took a look at that guide and it seems easy so I don't have to be afraid right? I soft modded my Wii so I'm not that stupid

About the sleep mode: I just wanted to know how it works! The game will stop completely when I use this function? It's like the DS that when you close the game stops? like if you playing a game with a in game timer the time stops so it's like the game froze at that point? I'm asking again cause due my bad English you replied something else that looks important too
    Yep, but like I said, just read the guide thoroughly. Make sure you to use the right CFW file on the right firmware.

I'm not sure how DS sleep function like, but yeah that's how it works.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

If I get a PSP that CAN do a permanent hack I can also choose to do a non-permanent one right? I want to stick with the no-permanent

Also there are like lot's of custom firmware out there? Is this PRO-C2 in the link posted here the best one?

I saw on some sites that you can use RemoteJoy to play games on the PC screen and also control the game with the keyboard so I just use another program and play with a xbox controller or something!

Anyone used this RemoteJoy? Too good to be true? Like the games look like crap on the PC screen?
    Last edited by Bruno; 6th-February-2014 at 13:23.

Thanks
    EP Points

If I get a PSP that CAN do a permanent hack I can also choose to do a non-permanent one right? I want to stick with the no-permanent
    Yes, you can.

Also there are like lot's of custom firmware out there? Is this PRO-C2 in the link posted here the best one?
    PRO is the recent CFW available for all models (the other one is ME), and it was commonly used by many PSP users due to its stability, and great plugins/games compatibilities.

I saw on some sites that you can use RemoteJoy to play games on the PC screen and also control the game with the keyboard so I just use another program and play with a xbox controller or something!

Anyone used this RemoteJoy? Too good to be true? Like the games look like crap on the PC screen?
    Ah, definitely. That's the purpose of Remotejoy, the screen does not look like crap, at all. Only the screen a bit bigger, so you can see the jagged graphics and so on, which is normal.
    vc3 released.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Depending on your graphics chip set you can set things like AA for the output image and other screen smoothing effects

Not looked at remotejoy in ages though so not that sure but it may even have filters supported of it's own
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-February-2014 at 15:10.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Yes, you can.

PRO is the recent CFW available for all models (the other one is ME), and it was commonly used by many PSP users due to its stability, and great plugins/games compatibilities.

Ah, definitely. That's the purpose of Remotejoy, the screen does not look like crap, at all. Only the screen a bit bigger, so you can see the jagged graphics and so on, which is normal.

Thanks a lot! Did you tried this ME? Do you know any reliable tutorials for installing it? Sorry I know I can just search on Google or even here but a tutorial that someone experienced tested is something that makes me feel more comfortable

If ME is older maybe it's better right? Which one should I try first? I would like the one that has better compatibility and stuff like that! So maybe ME??

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Depending on your graphics chip set you can set things like AA for the output image and other screen smoothing effects

Not looked at remotejoy in ages though so not that sure but it may even have filters supported of it's own
    I was thinking about asking that Zorlon! You're starting to read my mind

Thanks
    EP Points

If ME is older maybe it's better right? Which one should I try first? I would like the one that has better compatibility and stuff like that! So maybe ME??
    Older doesn't necessarily mean better, especially when it comes to (stable) software. That said, if you're just looking to do backups, emulators etc, compatibility wise they're pretty much equal. I'd say just go with PRO.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks a lot! Did you tried this ME? Do you know any reliable tutorials for installing it? Sorry I know I can just search on Google or even here but a tutorial that someone experienced tested is something that makes me feel more comfortable

Yes, I have and has made a tutorial for it as well.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...d-minor-tweaks!

ME CFW is not that older, it was released after several PRO revisions, and there has been no updates for it since last year (or two years maybe?). So I'd suggest using the latest PRO instead.
    vc3 released.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

By the way even if you do go perm you can still back out of it by downgrading and re-upgrading the firmware, I'm sure Meganova done a small guide for doing that, not that it is difficult in any way .

Personally I don't see the need to go OFW at any point in time, the games and PSX games on OFW to CFW are no different, you can't copy software from a PSP to a Vita or PS3 either, just the saves (I know you can copy software from PS3 to a PSP if the software is PSX or PSP but not the other way round so you can't sign a game for OFW then copy it to a PS3 or Vita, that is a shame )

If you are wanting to maybe re sell the console then still go perm and just un-mod it at a later date.

P.S. No the Remotejoy software does not have it's own filters, but if your graphics chip set does have advanced filtering of it's own there is little to stop you using that.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-February-2014 at 23:51.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I think I'm going with the PRO But since it's not going to be perma I can just delete the PRO archives from the memory card and give a try with ME right? Even If I do a permanent one I can still remove and use another but I feel this MIGHT be dangerous so thats one of the reasons I also wanted a non permanent cause I could change safely the CFW. I will start with the non permanent and as I go I can try the permanent one no need to rush things

Sorry meganova I saw your guide after my post but I had to leave in a hurry! Man you made all the guides!

But really what could go wrong? I mean this really seems too easy to be true! The PSP could brick if I have one that is not supposed to be permanent hacked and I accidentally use the CIPL_Flasher??????? But it's not just click and BANG it's bricked right? The dev must at least put some warning at the beginning like have to press OK a million times

Too bad this remotejoy doesn't have filters but I can try not let the screen too big. I can just go full screen and let some big black borders around the games screen like I did in the past with the GBA emulator. Also is there any difference in terms of quality from the the original TV out of the PSP and this USB thing from remotejoy????

I could humm... I don't know.... just make some crazy arrangement and use the PSP connected to USB on my PC for the controller and use the original PSP TV out in the TV so I will have the sound and image from the TV and my PC will just be used for the controller!

EDIT: AND WAIT THERE IS MORE! (Now I get it what deadlegion said. Thx man)

I found this guide: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...able-on-OFW!!*

I can just convert games to be played in the OFW without even use a CFW?? Oh man I love this But I guess it will not work in all games.

I'm really sorry I don't have the PSP yet but I'm quite curious
    Last edited by Bruno; 7th-February-2014 at 11:39.