Thread: Is it possible to move PSX games and homebrew tools OUT of the Games folder?

Thanks

Question Is it possible to move PSX games and homebrew tools OUT of the Games folder?

Hi!

I am wondering if it is possible to move PSX games and Homebrew tools (like UMDdumper) out of the games directory? Ultimately I'd like to have them in ms0:/Tools and m0:/PSX. I have a 3001 running CFW Pro 6.60, light mod.

The reason I want to do this is I am setting up a PSP as a gift for my foster daughter, who due to her disability will likely get confused by the 'corrupted data' listing in the memory stick menu if she shuts down completely and ends up in OFW. I already have game categories, so the games in the ISO folder don't show in OFW. I'd like to have it so that the only thing that shows up in the Memory Stick is 'Fast Recovery' after she shuts it down completely- if it's the only thing to run, she'll know to run it.

If there is another way to do that I'd appreciate any guidance on that alternative too.

Also, please note that I AM new to PSP modding, but not new to modding in general, and definitely not a computer novice. All I need is a point in the right direction, if it is possible.

Thanks in advance! Nice to be a new member of such a great site!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No it's not possible sorry

It is possible with most CFW to hide corrupt icons just boot the PSP with the R trigger held down

In Configuration, there should be an option called Hide corrupt icons (currently: Disabled)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-January-2014 at 18:03.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

It is possible with most CFW to hide corrupt icons just boot the PSP with the R trigger held down

In Configuration, there should be an option called Hide corrupt icons (currently: Disabled)
    Thanks, but I was actually asking about hiding from OFW. The items show up properly in CFW, I just thought I'd like to hide them from the OFW, since it's a light mod and you have to run the "Fast Recovery" app every time you turn it back on after turning it off.

If it's not possible that's cool- just thought it would be helpful to have a few apps on there if I could do so without them leading to confusion.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I keep forgetting I use a PSP 2000 series so I don't have that issue

Neh no way to do that and have them still runnable but you can temp move them so they are not there at all then move them back for your use

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

May I ask what is your 3000 motherboard type? If its 03g or 04g, you can downgrade the firmware to 6.20, and have the permanent CFW instead.
    So if your foster daughter shutdown the PSP completely, she won't have to run Fast Recovery in order to boot back into CFW after switching the PSP on.

If you don't know which motherboard you have, try running the attached homebrew, PSPIdent on your PSP(Put it inside PSP/GAME folder), and run it from XMB (make sure you're already in CFW).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    vc3 released.