Thread: Xboxhdmaker HDD Freezing

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Xboxhdmaker HDD Freezing

I finally got a pc with serial port got the eeprom file for old xbox I used xboxhdm with new xbox eeprom to unlock hdd then jumped the gun after reboot turned power off before it rebooted meant to switch discs now it said drive on master frozen HOW DO I FIX THIS?
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Curious but what is the serial port for?

You just killed the drive, you can recover data from a PC frozen drive but you can't repair it, I wouldn't know how to recover files from an xbox drive though because of the FatX format it uses exclusive to Xbox & Xbox 360, possibly Xbox One as well (I don't have enough interest in the Xbox One to find that out).

Frozen Drive files recovery, for a normal formatted drive

because you have the keys now though you can build a new drive

If you are very lucky though you may be able to send unlock to it again, make sure you use the correct unlock eeprom though (chances are it is far too late now sorry, you really do mess things up on an epic scale, that makes me feel sorry for you :/)

e.g. if it was locked with the old eeprom, unlock it with the old eeprom, if was locked to the new eeprom then unlock it with the new eeprom

re-locking then can be done by whatever eeprom the target xbox you will be using the drive in

You failed to tell us what the drive is from that is in a frozen state, but if it is from the new xbox and unlocked with the new xbox eeprom, the chances it is totally dead now, in general if a drive is frozen there is no turning back, just bin it.

There are services but it is only for data recovery as the drive can't be recovered, you simply caused a hardware fault rather than a software fault, that is very bad with no real comebacks
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-January-2014 at 13:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

thanks for the information damn the serial was for the reader I got a month or two back and pony prog to get the eeprom in xboxhdm I used a disc with the eeprom of the xbox I took it from unlocked it but rebooted it tripped on power cord small room with boxes with pc thats how it got frozen I was going to switch the disc to the one with the other xbox's eeprom and lock it til the problem came.
    So if I wanted to reused the drive for an old 98 pc would I be able to reformat it and unfreeze it or did I just make another paper weight?
    I'll have to wait til my dad get's back to see about using another hdd since it had stuff I transferred over to new pc on it before I can use it.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

:/ That sucks you really aren't having any luck what so ever

Heh I forgot all about the eeprom reader

Yeah it's paper weight now :/

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks again I'll try formatting new hdd if I can then I'm Selling the flippin' ting, at least microshaft learned 8 gb aint enough and people like digital content [saves room in house] with the 360 then 180'd with the stuck 500 gb drive xbone that drive would've worked in first xbox but games from now its only like 4 gb hdd too small. Fatx thats how microshaft makes their money it breaks you pay postage and shipping + $50 to get 360 fixed cause of the lousy formatted drives and the rrod.
    Last edited by soratron; 25th-January-2014 at 08:20.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by soratron View Post
    Thanks again I'll try formatting new hdd if I can then I'm Selling the flippin' ting, at least microshaft learned 8 gb aint enough and people like digital content [saves room in house] with the 360 then 180'd with the stuck 500 gb drive xbone that drive would've worked in first xbox but games from now its only like 4 gb hdd too small. Fatx thats how microshaft makes their money it breaks you pay postage and shipping + $50 to get 360 fixed cause of the lousy formatted drives and the rrod.
    You really don't know what you're talking about.

500GB in 2001 was unheard of. PCs were probably still ranging from 8-40GB drives in the most expensive ones. In fact, 40GB was probably insanely big for 2001. Online, gaming online and downloading games online hadn't taken off. Nor had installing games to the system's drive, so 8GB was enough for some songs and some game saves. Think about it. There was no real marketplace or digital content for the original Xbox.

Linking FAT-X to RRoD is just stupid.
    FAT-X is there to stop you plugging a Microsoft formatted HDD into your PC and accessing and tampering with the files, as is the locking process.

Yes 500GB in the Xbone is stupid, but they're no doubt going to let people use external hard drives. They'll never let people replace the internal one with their own though.
    Last edited by Inferno.; 25th-January-2014 at 12:12.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Never had a 360 break on me (My 360 is the line just before the final bulky version) some of the older 360's had issues but it's not with the HDD drives, that is not what causes the RROD and general issues that tons of 360 users had, most often the HDD is the one thing that lasts.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-January-2014 at 16:57.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well I guess this thread is over just needed answers about it freezing, I know fatx is so you cant tinker with the system and usb hdd's are probably usable on xbone but what I was saying was games like dmc are at least 12gb with tv show/movies and music files 500gb is going to fill up fast and most people don't want to pay for more space or go throught what games media they still want to keep just to get more space. Again I can see the anti pirate plan of the stuck on hdd it can still be fatx or micro can make a new format that hackers can't use linux to format drives to it make its so you have to send it in to get fixed but looking at games like cod ghosts and the graphics and content looks like to me at lease 25gb again 900gb hdd might have been a better idea cause if I install all my cd's dvd's and vhs movies and music to my ps2's hdd 400gb I would only have room for 1 cd sized game. And on the rrod I was talking about the early rushed consoles and original xbox both having some of the worst dvd drives that suck and gives scratches if bumped brand new dvd-r no scratches at all and on splinter cell backup xbox wont read it.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-January-2014 at 11:25.