Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can burn isos emuparadise and play them on my console?

Thanks

I am using a DVD-R sony, and used the nero, dvd decrypter, alcohol 120%, and spent five dvd, and not to do more is what I'm spending money buying dvds, really believe in my console grab the DVD+R? and because I do not read those tear, well I hope I continue to assist with their answers.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Use whatever media you know actually works.
    If your console only likes DVD-R then use that.

But do use imgburn, it's free.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I'll see how it goes with imgburn and I will be saying that this was me, thanks.

Alone and I could save the game resident evil veronica code to download me to another page, so far I can not burn the megaman x7 I get off of this product or one that is pinball and why I'm using dvd sony, imgburn, 4x speed I'm thinking maybe these isos are for emulators, I hope you can help me with this problem greetings.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 15th-January-2014 at 21:03. Reason: merged posts

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No such this as PS2 isos for emulators only they should all work on real consoles just fine, though your media or the mod chip may have problems

You can check the quality of a DVD iso though at http://redump.org/discs/system/ps2/ and compare the crc values

to do that you will want quick sfv www.quicksfv.org

then you want the sfv file for the game you want to check from redump

copy the sfv file into the same folder that has the iso, make sure the iso has the same name as the sfv file and double click on the sfv file, that will check the iso file for you.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    No such this as PS2 isos for emulators only they should all work on real consoles just fine, though your media or the mod chip may have problems
    More likely to be the media. Are some (or all) of the Sony discs just cheap cmc media?

Although a modchip issue is possible if the OP has never played any backups before (so the modchip isn't verified as being installed properly)...another possibility is that some repair has been done, like a new laser or something, and one or more of the modchip wires have been disturbed.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia would tell you that

Sony DVD-R DVD5 at Video Help though that shows a few other brands first :/

Do note though that some of the ratings, Good Mixed ect may only be by 1 or 2 users so is not a very good way to decide if the media is actually any good or not
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-January-2014 at 23:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

The thing is that he actually managed to burn some games like RE Code Veronica X (PAL) before and they run in his NTSC-U PS2 chipped console fine. He used the same DVDs (Sony DVD-R) and same settings in IMGBurn (writing speed 4x) to burn other games like Megaman X7 (NTSC) and Sega Classics Collection (PAL) but those didn't run. He doesn't know why some games run and others don't when he isn't really doing things differently.

Thanks

so is the veronica code is the only game that could read my ps2, after and tried other games as I mention my friend coockie monster and nothing, and lowered ghostbusters torrent burn it to a dvd and nothing, and tested on speed 1x, 4x and nothing to do and not, I think this burning games on my own I get very expensive and I'm spending like 20 dvds and only recorded one
    Maybe my imgburn settings wrong and although I have seen many tutorials on how to configure the imgburn and all is well, although there is a part that says speed automatic recording, perhaps this influence dvd burning, someone tells me I must make this option of imgburn? thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sandrums; 16th-January-2014 at 02:12.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Media used can still be the issue some games are harder to read than others for the PS2 and require the best quality media you can get to be able to play those on your PS2

But always check the disc image via the method I already mentioned in post #19 if they check out as being ok then it is the media that is the problem, if they don't check out as being perfect then there might be an issue with the iso you are burning

The burning speed set to 1x is a good option and yes it will auto update the settings to the hardware's slowest speed, but that is a good thing, it is best to do that, setting it to a higher speed is a bad thing
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-January-2014 at 23:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

A view up now alone and I could burn 2 ps2 games many dvd I'm throwing the trash, I doubt the 2 sets that record I put in the option check because if did not give this option the recording came out wrong, to be? on the other hand, I download the torrent shadow of colossus, from passing and no sfv file was wrong, but when you put the game once recorded my playstation 2 will not read it, I put the option I went out and verify bug when checked, but this contradicts what the sfv and I here goes this well, as detailed'm using verbatim dvd which I was told is the best for games playstation 2 and could not so I hope to help me, many thanks in advance.
    As a detail, all I'm recording at 1x

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are you getting the sfv files from re-dump?

option check?

please could you ask cookie monster to help you post, I'm not getting you this time..

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

That's right, I do everything step by step, all files are fine, but anything that reads the game and if you get the option to verify get error like something was damaged, I hope to help me see what could be happening.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What option to verify?
    what is giving you that option?
    when are you getting that option?
    is that before or after you burn?

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I put before recording the game, I mean the option to verify that you have the imgburn, there are two games that I had to put the verify option for newly ue to record and that seems weird and porue second record should read the game well.
    On the other hand use the sfv in some games the limes I came ue were fine but just came me error when was returning to check the game, then that contradicts and ue is assumed that should be fine recording, well I hope to help me thank you very much.
    I just finished checking the god of war and I get error no longer what the hell to do, maybe it's my dvd burner.
    Last edited by sandrums; 19th-January-2014 at 18:42.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I can't help you I can't understand what you are asking or saying

If verify after burning is failing then it is an issue with the DVD-R's nothing else

If the sfv files are failing to verify then there is an issue with the disc images

Not sure what else you are talking about in the slightest.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]