Thread: Need a few wii games on usb drive

Thanks

Default Need a few wii games on usb drive

So I have tried for two days to download just like three games to a usb and run them on my wii with no success. To start things off I have the very first gen wii with homebrew/usbloadergx/neogamma/wiiflow so it can run the games. I downloaded all three games from _____, used 7zip to extract iso's and put the iso's on a usb using wbfs manager and plugged it into the 0 port of the wii and nothing recognized the usb. anything i did wrong here? or anything else i need on my usb? all that is on it is the iso files. thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-December-2013 at 11:43. Reason: money references deleted, not allowed

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will not support this type of transaction, and there are many peoplewilling to help you get this working yourself.

To begin with, did you put the drive into the USB slot closest to the edge of your wii?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Um yeah, you are pretty much begging people to scam you. I've edited the thread title because it was asking for trouble.
    Moving this thread now.

Spoiler warning:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yes I did, my friend did all of this a while back but he is in brazil now and cant help me.

thanks, sorry I am new here and just so done with trying to figure this out.

Any more help anyone?

any help guys???
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-December-2013 at 11:29.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What usb device are you using?

What format is the usb device in? (I would strongly recommend Fat32 with the required sectors I will explain that later)

As stated above USB 0 is the most outer USB port and should be used.

usbloaderGX should be enough for all your USB needs though you may end up getting an updated beta version, but for now will just get it working.

wbfs manager was also a good choice.

I do strongly recommend you use a USB HDD instead of a USB stick if you are currently using a USB stick

Also note that not every USB HDD will work with the Wii, I have been lucky myself as every drive I have used with the Wii has worked, USB sticks the compat is lower and without certain drivers even working usb sticks will have problems with Wii games, but that can be resolved.

If needs be I will get you to re-do the softmod, don't worry though it is something that is very easy to do anyway.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-December-2013 at 11:58.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    What usb device are you using?

What format is the usb device in? (I would strongly recommend Fat32 with the required sectors I will explain that later)

As stated above USB 0 is the most outer USB port and should be used.

usbloaderGX should be enough for all your USB needs though you may end up getting an updated beta version, but for now will just get it working.

wbfs manager was also a good choice.

I do strongly recommend you use a USB HDD instead of a USB stick if you are currently using a USB stick

Also note that not every USB HDD will work with the Wii, I have been lucky myself as every drive I have used with the Wii has worked, USB sticks the compat is lower and without certain drivers even working usb sticks will have problems with Wii games, but that can be resolved.

If needs be I will get you to re-do the softmod, don't worry though it is something that is very easy to do anyway.
    I am using a usb stick, its a 16gb PNY in fat32 and I have been trying port 0. any help would be appreciated, trying to do this for my little brothers christmas present.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Normal Fat32 is not seen by the Wii

For a quick test you can try NTFS using windows to format it

While you do that let me check for the prog to use to format to Fat32 and the exact settings needed (Windows can't do this on it's own)

You will also need updated drivers to get the USB stick stable, as that is not the best USB type of device to use USB HDD devices are but I know a the work arounds

EDIT:-

You can copy all the files from the stick to your PC before re-formatting and use windows to copy the file back after

the format required is Fat32 with 32KB clusters (If I remember widows can only do Fat32 to 64KB clusters at the minimum that is no good for the Wii)

To be able to format to that you can use EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition it is actually a very powerful package... make sure you are formatting the correct drive.

Now copy the files back and try again in your Wii

....Going to dig out the info on USB stick driver updates for the Wii

EDIT:-

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Make sure you get the correct version (vWii is only for the WiiU and does not work on the Wii) you want v10 beta52 (ignore the 53 alt version)

they have there own instructions at Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. This should be enough to get you going for now, do yourself a favor though and buy a USB HDD (a converter may also work for internal HDD's to USB)

P.S. the above Wii driver will help with other issues and speed up the rate that USB sticks are read to help prevent lag.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-December-2013 at 21:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by bigleaguechew111 View Post
    you're better off buying the actual games
    Don't bump old threads, specially if you aren't going to add anything useful. The help sections are not meant to spam. Please, read the rules before posting again.