Thread: How do you organize your roms?

Thanks

Default How do you organize your roms?

Im lookin for some input on how to organize my roms. Are there any programs that make this a little easier? Right now I have a main folder named Roms. Inside that is a folder for each system, snes, gba, n64, etc. Inside those folders is a rom folder where all the roms are and a folder for each of the emulators for said system.

Is there an easy way to mass sort my roms and rename them and/or pick the foreign versions I don't want out?
    Also is there a front end program that I could use to put artwork on the roms and have a visual library to launch all of my roms from? Preferably one program for all the systems.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

a combination of two programs

ClrMamePro + dat files (just to rename everything to whatever the dat file uses and verify your roms, I use this for making custom dat files also)
    RomCenter + converted dat files from above to see a list of games, it is also good for sorting into different folders if you wanted, you can use all sorts of custom filters and such (e.g. *(U)* to list all USA roms if the dat used the (U) tag), you can also use RomCenter as a front end to launch the games

Don't use RomCenter to verify roms though it can mess it up resulting in missing roms

No intro dats can be customized before downloading as well at http://datomatic.no-intro.org/

Select the system you want from the drop down box
    Hit download
    Hit standard Dat
    You should see lots of filters
    You can even create ClrMamePro or RomCenter dats directly there so you can do those with just english games I would be carefull with regions though as some english games only got a EU or US release and not both, best to filter that by hand if you don't want duplicated games

RomCenter does not work brilliantly though if you are missing any of the plugins or if any of the plugins are out of date, hence best to use ClrMamePro to do the first scan with, then use RomCenter as a rom sorter/front end, that does need to be setup for each system pointing out the emulator you want to use, or if you use a DS flash kit point it to 7-zip File Manager instead for example to open the zip file so you can just drag and drop the nds rom onto the SD card
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-December-2013 at 11:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR