Thread: How to mount .ccd, .cue, .img and .sub files

Thanks

Default How to mount .ccd, .cue, .img and .sub files

Hi there.

I've downloaded Castlevania Rondo of Blood and it came in file formats which are unfamiliar to me. The files are:

dracula_X.ccd
    dracula_X.cue
    dracula_X.img
    dracula_X.sub

My question is how to mount these files on Daemon Tools Lite. When I mount the .cue file, it shows up as a blank CD(0 bytes of 0 bytes). I can't use it with Super CD ROM2 V3.00 in Magic Engine. Any help will be much appreciated. Please replace this thread if I have posted it in the wrong place. Here's the .cue file. Please post a .cue file which I can use.

Thanks in advance.

I've finally found a theory how I can mount PC Engine CDs after a lot of Googling. PC Engine CDs are actually Audio CDs. Mounting the .cue didn't do much work. The .ccd file is the file that gives instructions for burning (or in this case mounting) the image. After mounting I got an Audio CD. PC Engine CDs are burnt or written in a very weird way which is not recognized by Windows. If you open it with Windows Explorer, you will see a Track01.bin. THIS IS NORMAL.

In MagicEngine v.1.13 I tried to Boot the CD, but I get a "NO CD" message. I read somewhere that PC Engine CDs use analog audio. In the latest Daemon Tools Lite, there is no support for analog audio. Because of this, MagicEngine could not recognize the game. The last version of Daemon Tools which supported analog audio was Daemon Tools v.3.47. But when I try to install it on Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, I get this message "This program is blocked due to compatibility issues". Please anyone, tell me how to install this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-December-2013 at 13:22.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Blinker
    But when I try to install it on Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, I get this message "This program is blocked due to compatibility issues".
    Two possible solutions for you;

1. Right click the executable for the installer, click Properties. Click the Compatibility tab in the window that comes up, go down to Compatibility Mode, and select Windows XP (either SP2 or SP3; shouldn't make a difference).

If this doesn't work a more drastic solution would be;

2. Go to your start menu and type services.msc into the text box at the bottom, hit enter. In the window that pops up, scroll through the list of items until you find the one labeled "Program Compatibility Assistant Service", and double click it. Go down to Startup type, and change it to "Disabled" then hit Ok.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Deamon tools lite does support analog audio, just use the latest DTL and mount the either the ccd or cue, and magic engine is outdated and a pain in the ass to use, I suggest you use Ootake, free and open source PC engine emulator , very easy to use and will detect the mounted disc image but you will need the CD ROM System or Super CD ROM System roms to run PC Engine CD images.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks, God of Battle. Castlevania Rondo of Blood works fine with Ootake. Still, I don't know Japanese. I already have the latest Castlevania Rondo of Blood translation patch but I don't know how to use it on a .ccd file. Please help me so that I can play this game.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

mount the .ccd in deamon tools lite then run turborip, select the virtual drive and it will become iso/wav/cue then just follow the instructions for patching, pretty simple.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks again, God of War. Hehe, I didn't actually need to download TurboRip; it was already included with the patch.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Blinker View Post
    Thanks again, God of War. Hehe, I didn't actually need to download TurboRip; it was already included with the patch.
    Welcome buddy

And yeah, kinda forgot it was included ............

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Finally got the chance to look at this for you...

Sorry about the delay I got busy.

Magic Engine used to only use Analog Audio but that was a very long time back and is no longer true of the later versions

You just need to edit the pce.ini file

[cdrom]

driver=1 (SPTI)
    drive=3 (My SCSI D-Tools drive is the 3rd CD/DVD drive on my system, for most users it will be drive=2, for those without any CD drive to start with it's drive=1)

the above ini edit will make Magic Engine read the mounted cue or ccd, either works in Daemon Tools Lite work from the original image work in Magic Engine with CDDA tracks

as for patching it would of patched direct onto the img binary file

P.P.S. there is an officially translated version of this game on the PSP as well as a re-translation of Symphony of the Night, both are part of the re-make of Dracula X as unlockable games

There are plenty of gems found on the PC Engine though asides from Dracula X so this is more for future reference and how to set Magine Engine up
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-January-2014 at 13:37.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: