Thread: Project 64 - A line at the top of the screen and other problems.

Thanks

Default Project 64 - A line at the top of the screen and other problems.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but how can I get rid of the line at the top of the screen of the Project 64 emulator?

I had a lot of difficulty installing Project 64.2.0 Portable version. I could only load that one, because the normal one wouldn't unzip for some reason. Then, when I played it, there was, what I think is a thin black cpu usage bar at the top of the screen. I tried to change the aspect ratio, but it didn't go away.

I just want to play Perfect Dark 64 on my laptop, without any annoying distracting things. Please help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LadyScotch View Post
    Hi,

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but how can I get rid of the line at the top of the screen of the Project 64 emulator?

I had a lot of difficulty installing Project 64.2.0 Portable version. I could only load that one, because the normal one wouldn't unzip for some reason. Then, when I played it, there was, what I think is a thin black cpu usage bar at the top of the screen. I tried to change the aspect ratio, but it didn't go away.

I just want to play Perfect Dark 64 on my laptop, without any annoying distracting things. Please help.
    What version of PJ64 did you try installing first?

This is a webpage with the most current one, although I'm not totally sure it's the best one for you, I'd give it a shot. I know that PJ64 is a hassle to get working for first time users.

I don't have any experience with the mobile version, but I don't know if it'll work properly on a normal computer.

If that doesn't help, sorry you'll have to wait for someone more experienced than I am.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    What version of PJ64 did you try installing first?

This is a webpage with the most current one, although I'm not totally sure it's the best one for you, I'd give it a shot. I know that PJ64 is a hassle to get working for first time users.

I don't have any experience with the mobile version, but I don't know if it'll work properly on a normal computer.

If that doesn't help, sorry you'll have to wait for someone more experienced than I am.
    At first, I actually tried moving over an old version of PJ64 from one computer to another. That didn't work, because I probably didn't move the whole thing over. Then I tried to install a version of it, that being Project64_2.0, but it wouldn't unzip, but the portable one of that did.

Then, when I went to play Perfect Dark on it, there was an annoying thin line moving on the top of the screen and I want to get rid of it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LadyScotch View Post
    At first, I actually tried moving over an old version of PJ64 from one computer to another. That didn't work, because I probably didn't move the whole thing over. Then I tried to install a version of it, that being Project64_2.0, but it wouldn't unzip, but the portable one of that did.

Then, when I went to play Perfect Dark on it, there was an annoying thin line moving on the top of the screen and I want to get rid of it.
    Well I'd suggest trying to install v2.1 from the link I gave you.

Also, if you're mentioning unzipping, you may need to get your hands on a better file opener.

Most files are compressed with 7-zip and Winrar nowadays so one of those will take you place on the internet. I personally prefer winrar, but most everyone prefers 7-zip. Winzip isn't very good anymore.

But yeah like I said, I'm not very knowledgeable about the mobile version being used on computers, so hopefully someone who knows more about it will come by soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,579 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I recommend you always try extracting using 7zip first before anything else; it's free and has maximum compatibility.
    9.22beta is the version I'm using atm.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I also recommend version 1.6.1 of PJ64 instead of the 2.x version until they release a final version to avoid issues.

7-zip is the best extraction tool at the moment.

The latest beta is 9.30 though the latest stable release should also be fine.

You can get PJ64 from http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_6...tors/Windows/9
    You can get 7-zip from www.7-zip.org

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    7-zip is the best extraction tool at the moment.

The latest beta is 9.30 though the latest stable release should also be fine.
    Pretty sure 9.30 is still alpha. And 9.25 is still alpha too.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-December-2013 at 11:35. Reason: sorry hit edit instead of quote

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Pretty sure 9.30 is still alpha. And 9.25 is still alpha too.
    So it is , still works just fine though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

So it is , still works just fine though
    Yeah, 9.25 alpha is apparently stable. I remember reading about people asking why it wasn't beta, because it would make sense.
    Having 2 revisions in alpha is a little odd really

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I was going to continue talking about that but we are killing this for the op.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I was going to continue talking about that but we are killing this for the op.
    I think we've run him off anyway.